Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carlton Kinsale, Castlerosse, Seafield, Redcastle

• 29-10-2013 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Planning on getting married next year and have narrowed it down to the above mentioned venues. We wanted a modern hotel feel with lots of natural daylight in the reception room. And we will also be holding a civil ceremony there. - except in seafield as their civil ceremony room is not what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any opinions or experiences at any of the hotels for weddings?

In case anyone is unfamiliar with the hotels:

Carlton hotel & C-Spa, Kinsale
    Castlerosse hotel & golf club, Killarney
    Seafield hotel and golf club, Gorey Wexford
    Redcastle hotel, Moyville Donegal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I attended a wedding in the Carlton in Kinsale. It's really nice, but keep in mind its not technically in Kinsale so far anyone staying in the town they'd need to get a taxi there and back. The grounds are fantastic, views out the back are incredible.
    The food was lovely too, one thing I noticed though was a friend who usually takes lots of photos of these events. Seriously into his photography was saying the roof on the ballroom/dinner room was at a level where the flash wasn't working correctly.
    Now these arent official photos and are just for the late night during the band and DJ type photos but worth keeping in mind and checking out fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Like Razorblunt, was recently at a wedding in the Carlton, the room was gorgeous - floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sea. The food was fantastic, can't remember when I enjoyed a wedding meal as much. One aspect I didn't like was the drinks reception was in the lobby and it was a bit cavernous/lacking in atmosphere. The bar area wasn't up to much. As Razorblunt said, it's a bit out of Kinsale but there are a few B&B's nearby abc the hotel had lodges which hold up to 6 people, so no shortage of places to stay.

One other thing I'll mention, the day of the wedding we were at was absolutely miserable - no view whatsoever - so I felt a bit sorry for the couple as I'm sure you pay a premium for the view. So just make sure you aren't just booking for the view! Definitely one of the best venues I've been to though.

Advertisement