Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

keane=cock wrote: »
    no good news at all davy?;)

sad rainy monday so far:(

Plenty of time for Fulham to come good yet. looking very dangerous down both flanks.

I wonder if Jol would take Bale off our hands in swap with Dembele.
    Im serious here too:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Apart from how poor we are playing and the poor results we have been getting, does anybody else feel everything is going against us. As in late goals and dodgy offside decisions and penalties for other teams chasing top four.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Apart from how poor we are playing and the poor results we have been getting, does anybody else feel everything is going against us. As in late goals and dodgy offside decisions and penalties for other teams chasing top four.

What's new ? :D

What's new ? :D

same old story- manu chelski gooners get all the desicions.

Jammy peno tonight that the ref took a pure guess at:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Hallelujah :D

• Advertisement

clint dempsey 1-1 with 9mins left:D:D:D
    with a little defelection off greedy bags gary Cahill:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gwan the BMJ.....love him.

I fooking love Martin Jol

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Thank you Fulham and BMJ. You just made a horrible day just bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Big Martin Jol, He's a yiddo!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »

Maybe, but in saying that, Norwich could have had a pen yest which would have made it 2 nil so it swings in roundabouts. Im not sure what to think, I was very confident going in to yesterdays game, we have murdered sides at WHL playing 442 plenty of times recently, yet Norwich caused us loads of problems at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says his team have to win their remaining five league games to finish in the top four and secure a Champions League spot.
    Redknapp's side remain fourth after a loss to Norwich but Newcastle are only behind them on goal difference, with Chelsea also chasing them.
    "We have got to look to win all five games really," said Redknapp.
    "Now it is a case of the team which has the best last five games and we have to make sure it's us."

Tottenham have to play Chelsea in the semi-finals of the FA Cup on Sunday as well as having to face four teams, in QPR, Blackburn, Bolton and Aston Villa, fighting for Premier League survival.

Spurs' remaining league games:

QPR (a)
    Blackburn (h)
    Bolton (a)
    Aston Villa (a)
    Fulham (h)

Looks like Harry has changed his mind.

This is from the Sun.

HARRY REDKNAPP insists Tottenham are now fighting for fourth place not third after Elliott Bennett’s winner for Norwich.

Spurs have won just one of their last eight games and Redknapp admitted:

“It’s going to be close, it’s the team that wants it most.

"There are still five games to go but I don’t think we have to win all five.

“Chelsea have to play Newcastle — they can’t both win.”

Spurs’ defeat left them two points behind third-placed Arsenal — who play at Wolves on Wednesday.

But they are only ahead of Newcastle on goal difference and two points clear of Chelsea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I wish he'd just shut the hell up and get on with it. No time to be talking to the press when your team is in an absolute state.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Maybe, but in saying that, Norwich could have had a pen yest which would have made it 2 nil so it swings in roundabouts. Im not sure what to think, I was very confident going in to yesterdays game, we have murdered sides at WHL playing 442 plenty of times recently, yet Norwich caused us loads of problems at the back.

Issue there though is that Norwich won the game anyway so it wasn't a lucky break that gave us any points.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

The players have to take the blame for this, they've been in holiday mode since everyone patted them on the back for nearly winning at Man City in January.

if the harry for England speculation has effected them then they are not top class professionals. I suspect it hasn't and its just a fall back for them to cover their ineptitude and in some cases a downright lack of effort.

The performance against Norwich over xmas [incidentally our last away win] was lauded, it was so one sided it could jave been 8-0. Yet the same 2 teams play 3 months later and there's a 180 degree turnaround. This has nothing to do with Arry sadly, the same 22 or so players took the pitch yesterday that did in December.

I'm beginning to think that no matter what happens we need to cash in on Bale & Modric this summer no matter what happens. When the going has got tough they have been found wanting imo. I'm not singling these out as the attitude of most of our players has been shocking in recent times but these 2 would yield the most money.

golfball37 wrote: »

I'm beginning to think that no matter what happens we need to cash in on Bale & Modric this summer no matter what happens. When the going has got tough they have been found wanting imo. I'm not singling these out as the attitude of most of our players has been shocking in recent times but these 2 would yield the most money.

If bale and modric aren't the answer ( our two best players ) and they can't get us champions league football in all honesty who do you think we could replace them with and improve us providing they would EVEN come to us.

The players have to take the blame for, the same 2 teams play 3 months later and there's a 180 degree turnaround. This has nothing to do with Arry sadly, the same 22 or so players took the pitch yesterday that did in December.

Can't agree with you mate....

Tottenham v Norwich in December: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto, Modric, Sandro, Parker, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor

Tottenham v Norwich in April: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Ekotto, Bale, Lennon, Modric, Livermore, Saha, Defoe

Harry sent Livermore out to do the job of both Sandro and Parker i.e. protect the back four and break up the opposition play. Naive tactics from HR cost us the game.

Emoran wrote: »
    If bale and modric aren't the answer ( our two best players ) and they can't get us champions league football in all honesty who do you think we could replace them with and improve us providing they would EVEN come to us.

Of course they can get us CL football, they have done before !

Do they really give a sh1t is what I'm more concerned about, not their ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Spurs' remaining league games:

QPR (a)
    Blackburn (h)
    Bolton (a)
    Aston Villa (a)
    Fulham (h)

Find myself looking at that and thinking "Balls, no easy games left"! QPR game is vital now, a loss there and it really could be curtains, on the other hand, win all 5, job done for 4th at least.

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to think that no matter what happens we need to cash in on Bale & Modric this summer no matter what happens..

Please please please tell me this is a joke :eek:

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Please please please tell me this is a joke :eek:

Is it worth keeping Modric really? he doesn't want to be at WHL and if he perfoms like he has done since January his price will continue to plummet.

Bale is class but the money being talked for him is so outrageous we should accept it imo. He is nowhere near worth 50m as he has one foot and can't cut it through the middle against decent opposition.

I don't think we should sell either to a rival EPL club but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we sold them imo. Hopefully they'll both prove me wrong over the next 7 games [hopefully].

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it worth keeping Modric really? he doesn't want to be at WHL and if he perfoms like he has done since January his price will continue to plummet.

Modric has been fantastic for us again this season. Not as much in the spotlight, as everyone know's he's excellent and Parker is getting so much praise, but you see how different the team is when he's playing. And you can't complain about his attitude. He wanted to leave, fair enough, but when he was told he wasn't going anywhere he put his head down and played.

That's saying a lot considering how the modern game has gone.

Kiith wrote: »
    Modric has been fantastic for us again this season. Not as much in the spotlight, as everyone know's he's excellent and Parker is getting so much praise, but you see how different the team is when he's playing. And you can't complain about his attitude. He wanted to leave, fair enough, but when he was told he wasn't going anywhere he put his head down and played.

That's saying a lot considering how the modern game has gone.

Up to Xmas I'd agree with you 100%. He hasn't tried a leg since Harry has been linked with England job however, certainly not in the games I've seen and I've seen most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think Harrymay drop Modric. He doesn't offer enough going forward. 16 goals in 141 appearancers says it all for an attacking midfielder. He has scored an average of 3 goals per season in the league in the past 4 years. He never looks like scoring. He cannot shoot- my 5 year old girl has a better shot.
    Harry has stated that we were too open v Norwich and will not play a 4-4-2 again. With Lennon back and Bale on the other wing it will be interesting to see who gets dropped. If we are going to play with Parker as our Dm will Harry play Sandro or Livermore and drop the Croatian?

Bale is class but the money being talked for him is so outrageous we should accept it imo. He is nowhere near worth 50m as he has one foot and can't cut it through the middle against decent opposition.

I don't think we should sell either to a rival EPL club but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we sold them imo. Hopefully they'll both prove me wrong over the next 7 games [hopefully].

If Modric starts the same shi*e this summer as last summer, I'd sell for 40m, preferably to another country. As for Bale, I wouldn't sell him for 50, why sell our best player ? Well and good having money in the bank, but you'll be hard pushed to get another Bale for 6/8 million or whatever we paid for him.

Fingers crossed the mighty Wolves do us a favour tonight!:rolleyes:

Bassong sent off and an Arsenal penalty. You couldn't make it up!

Bassong was always my favourite player and tonight he just proved why he deserves to be loved :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

C'mon lads, Modric and Bale didnt turn into average players over night. Before xmas we would have kissed the ground they walked on!

The talk of the england job has affected the players. Or more specifically, HR has allowed it to effect the players.

The other reason for our poor form is that nearly all the players have hit a dip in form at the exact same time. Most teams can affors 1 or 2 of their players to below par but nearly 70% of our team are struggling - bar Walker, Freidel and maybe Kaboul.

Tactically HR messed up big time on Monday night.
    How many game sahve we played without Parker or Sandro this season and got any sort of a result? I can think of any.

Advertisement