Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"I draw penises when I run"

• 06-08-2014 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

San Francisco-based runner uses GPS to ‘draw run’ pictures of penises willies, dogs and Space Invaders aliens on Nike+ map

Weird. Have you ever drawn anything? Either accidentally or on purpose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Definitely going to try this. A big penis around the Dail or something.

I think one guy in the States did a marriage proposal this way.

http://iowa.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/check-out-this-guy-who-wrote-his-marriage-proposal-by-using-the-gps-during-his-bike-ride/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Weird. Have you ever drawn anything? Either accidentally or on purpose.

I dont want to be pedantic(mainly because its hard to spell) but shouldnt the plural of penis be peni?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

Last summer I planned to draw an enormous "EOIN" in the bay between Sandymount and the pigeonhouse chimneys (when the tide was out obviously) using my Garmin watch, as part of one of my long runs home whilst training for the marathon. I had drawn the word onto a background map on my handheld GPS and intended to just run along where the letters should go. It started ok, but when I got out into the bay I realised I had totally got the scale wrong on my GPS and completing the full EOIN would have added about 12 extra miles onto my run! It would have also taken me much further out into the bay, into what my map showed as sand but in reality was pretty deep water. So I gave up after completing the bottom of the "E" and trudged home with very wet and sandy feet. I still have ambitions on doing a smaller version, but haven't got around to it yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

ultrapercy wrote: »
    I dont want to be pedantic(mainly because its hard to spell) but shouldnt the plural of penis be peni?

Havent a clue, but that does remind me of Alan Partridge and the whole "Lexi is the plural of Lexus" thing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Never thought of drawing anything when I run.

Might try this and post the result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Never thought of drawing anything when I run.

Might try this and post the result.

Might give this a go myself someday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

If the plural was formed according to Latin rules (it's not, though), I think it would be "penes" like the plural of crisis. I think you might still see "penes" in some medical contexts. I think if it was "penus", then the plural might be peni??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

I think you'll find its Dicks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

You distance runners are a strange folk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

It's harder than you think. The balls proving to be particularly problematic.

317527.JPG

• Advertisement

Had to give it a go:cool:
    317675.PNG
    Definitely harder than it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Had to give it a go:cool:
    317675.PNG
    Definitely harder than it looks

For the love of god be carefull, youl start another sexism thread.

For the love of god be carefull, youl start another sexism thread.

Don't worry, don't worry....

317774.png

The "boobs" was for the lads, but I also drew a big misshapen willy for all the ladies out there. I just didn't post it the first time as it does not reflect my best work:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I thought u followed Bohs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Looks like Bob's willy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I had a little go at this drawing when I run. Two separate runs marking the compass points of Dublin:

North/South: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/570941073
    East/West: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/569921497

yaboya1 wrote: »
    I had a little go at this drawing when I run. Two separate runs marking the compass points of Dublin:

North/South: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/570941073
    East/West: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/569921497

This thread just got classy! :P

Received an email from Viewranger recently. They have a competition for this kind of "GPS Art". You could win yourself a LG GPS watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I think you'll find its Dicks:D

Shouldn't that be Dix in Latin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Joe prim wrote: »
    Shouldn't that be Dix in Latin?

Or "phallus" maybe....?

Advertisement