Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish Problems!!!.

• 18-01-2005 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hey Guys,

I think Im having a few problems with my Sky Dish. Some of the Channels appear to be breaking up. Most are fine, but some of them are breaking up big time.

I assume after all the bad weather we have had my Dish must have moved.

How much would it cost to get a guy out to re align my Dish??

Any help??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, as some of the channels are breaking up, it could be ANY thing - digibox, cable, LNB or dish alignment! Due to poor weather, I'd think it's possible your dish has moved slightly.

As for alignment costs, it can vary depending on where you live, dish access, etc. I'd imagine about €50 - €80? I think Sky charge about €110 to come out, maybe somebody can clarify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I am having the same problems - either broken picture or no signal at all. I have emailed somebody who posts a lot on this board, and hopefully he will have me sorted this week - weather permiting. I have pm'ed you his details so I don't break any advertising rules - though tbh - his response was quick and precise to my initial email - lookin good so far

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

...me too....have had the same problems - it must be due to the bad weather - is worse now than it ever was so i guess the dish might have moved - am going to get quotes from a couple of people listed in golden pages...just need someone with a spanner and a big ladder i reckon so hopefully wont be too much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

mobpd wrote:
    ...me too....have had the same problems - it must be due to the bad weather - is worse now than it ever was so i guess the dish might have moved - am going to get quotes from a couple of people listed in golden pages...just need someone with a spanner and a big ladder i reckon so hopefully wont be too much

dont forget the signal meter
    :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement