Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to convert .flv videos to DVD

Options
  • 25-09-2009 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

I need to convert .flv video files to DVD format to make them compatible with the DVD recorders where I work. I found one programme on the net called AVS video converter, but for now I only have access to the trial version which, unfortunately, allows me to burn only one video to a DVD disk. If I try to burn a second, the program asks me if I want to delete the info already on the disk.

Is there any freeware programme out there.

The DVD recorders I have to use are pretty old-fashioned.

Hope someone on here can give me some useful advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

http://www.dvdflick.net/

DVD Flick will do the job for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ciaobellaciao1

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    http://www.dvdflick.net/

DVD Flick will do the job for you.

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it ididn't work; it didn't like the .flv files.

Strange that, every .flv file I've used with it worked no problem.

Does it give you a specific error message?

An alternative, but more complex, approach might be to convert the .flv file to a DVD compliant MPEG2 file using SUPER, then create a DVD out of the resulting MPEG2 file using DVDStyler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ciaobellaciao1

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Strange that, every .flv file I've used with it worked no problem.

Does it give you a specific error message?

An alternative, but more complex, approach might be to convert the .flv file to a DVD compliant MPEG2 file using SUPER, then create a DVD out of the resulting MPEG2 file using DVDStyler

with every single .flv file I wanted to add I received the following
    message "... The file may be corrupted or its format unsupported."

It wasn't corrupt when I used the AVS program.

PS: I went to the SUPER site but I don't see any software to download except AVS and I already have that one.
    Meanwhile I've bought the licensed version of AVS but it still only allows me to burn one file per CD... strange. I need all the tracks on one dvd.

Meanwhile I've bought the licensed version of AVS but it still only allows me to burn one file per CD... strange. I need all the tracks on one dvd.

Does it not allow you drag multiple files into the input? It will join all the input files into one continuous video, then you can create chapters to split it up again using the menu editor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement