Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

The glorious cheese that is Universal Soldier is on TV3 at 9 bells tonight.
    Good few on at same time....

Million Dollar Baby is on RTE2 at 21.00

The Mask is on Comedy Central at 21.00

Midnight Run is on ITV4 at 22.00

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Two good films on Channel 4 today:

If you're off work, try Bad Day at Black Rock at 1:35PM. Spencer Tracy plays a former soldier who lost the use of an arm in WW2, who arrives in a small Western town to settle an inheritance problem - but runs foul of local criminals and established interests. (That's Black Rock, not Blackrock!)

At midnight: Sideways, Alexander Payne's "human comedy" about two guys, a road trip, and some wine snobbery. Definitely worth seeing if you haven't yet.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Sexy Beast is on Film4 tonight at 11pm.

anyone watching The Ruins on RTE2:eek::eek::eek:

Give ya the creeps...
    This is on BBC1 at 23.30. It's actually a decent horrorish type film. Which is rare.

Big Mommas House is on E4 at 21.00

Miss Congeniality 2 is on ITV2 at 22.00, first one was alright, never seen this one.

Se7en is on MTV at 23.00

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What was wrong with John Tucker??

:P

:pac::pac: nothing at all some truly oscar worthy performances in that film, how Jesse Metcalffe and like wise Martin Lawrence in Big Mommas House didnt earn oscar nominations for there performances is a travesty if you ask me :):p.

But thanks for all the recommendations seven is brilliant film and even the likes of Big Mommas House can be good when in the humour for switching the vrain off kind of films god knows ive watched a lot worse.

• Advertisement

The brilliant "Men Of Honour" is on Sky 1 at 21.00

Terminator 3 is on Watch at 21.00

Road Trip is on TV3 at 21.00

Maverick is on RTE2 at 21.30

Enemy Of The State is on BBC3 at 21.30

Transporter 2 is on CH4 at 21.50

Smokey And The Bandit 2 is on RTE1 at 00.15

127 Hours is on CH4 at 21.00, worth a watch.

Watch out for Scooby.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

127 Hours is on CH4 at 21.00, worth a watch.

Watch out for Scooby.:)

Great film and the book by Aron Ralston is great too. Surprised C4 have got the premiere so early!

Desperate Measures is on Sony Entertainment at 22.00 (Sky 157?)

Run insert your username here* Run is on CH4 at 22.35

*Fat Boy:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Channel 4 showing quite a few classics during the daytime these days - it's worth keeping an eye out for them.
    Today, 1:10PM: The Third Man: Carol Reed's adaptation of the Graham Greene novel set in post-war Vienna, where all manner of shady dealings are going on. With Joseph Cotten, Trevor Howard, and Orson Welles. Won an Oscar for its B&W cinematography, currently at '#68 on the IMDB Top 250. Deserves to be higher, if you ask me ...

Friday: Brighton Rock (1947, st. Dickie Attenborough)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dogtown and Z-Boys is on film 4 at 12:30 tonight, excellent documentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Just watching Starship Troopers on BBC1. Quite possibly the most cheesiest/greatsest film ever made.

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Galaxy Quest is on BBC2 at 4:35 this afternoon

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Dogtown and Z-Boys is on film 4 at 12:30 tonight, excellent documentary.

Would also recommend Riding Giants from the same director.

Crocodile Dundee on CH4 at 18.40

Bee Movie on BBC3 at 20.30

The Rock on BBC1 at 21.50

Clear And Present Danger on CH4 at 22.05

The Hitcher on ITV4 at 23.00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Zodiac - RTE2 9pm

Predator - Film4 9pm, Alien is on after this.

Zodiac - RTE2 9pm

Predator - Film4 9pm, Alien is on after this.
    Zodiac was god awful ****e I thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Zodiac is a masterpiece, one of the finest movies of the last 20 years.

I thought I was thinking of the wrong film but no....

...that's it, I couldn't even watch it all I thought it was that bad/dull/boring.

Just not for me I guess.

I thought it was ok, certainly not a masterpiece for me anyway. When you call something like the Godfather a masterpiece and then use Zodiac with the same term it just doesn't seem right to me at all!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Agreed in that it's no masterpiece, but I thought it was a bloody good movie all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Jaws is on RTE tonight - the best 'popcorn' movie ever made.

Clashes with Polanski's 'The Ghost' on Channel 4 - a masterpiece in paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Zodiac was god awful ****e I thought.

not a masterpeice but very well scripted and acted, its the ending thats lets it down > no conclusion as in the case in real life

Jaws is on RTE tonight - the best 'popcorn' movie ever made.

Now there is a masterpiece!

Bad Boys is on CH5 at 21.00

fryup wrote: »
    not a masterpeice but very well scripted and acted, its the ending thats lets it down > no conclusion as in the case in real life

But it does have a conclusion! They don't arrest the guy but the film ends with the main characters satisfied that they know who did it. And anyway it's not about finding out who the Zodiac was, it's about what the investigation did to these people and all the obsession and information and procedure and the limits of knowledge... I love this film so much! I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't like it, do you honestly think an ending where they definitively said "it's this guy" would change your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Jaws starting on RTE2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

"The Wrestler" Tomorrow night 9PM Film Four.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

SVG wrote: »
    ... I love this film so much! I can understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea but if you don't like it, do you honestly think an ending where they definitively said "it's this guy" would change your opinion?

i never said i didn't like it:rolleyes:

i think its a very well made and yes the fact that there's no real conclusion does make it slightly unsatisfying for me ok

• Advertisement

i never said i didn't like it:rolleyes:

i think its a very well made and yes the fact that there's no real conclusion does make it slightly unsatisfying for me ok

Oh I wasn't really speaking about you specifically:o- I was using "you" as a generality- I've heard a good few people complain about the ending. I just think it's so appropriate for what the film was about. Something more clear-cut would have felt wrong to me- they would have had to make up an ending for a film that is about searching for the truth.

At least we can agree that it's very well made.:P

Advertisement