Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cat Stevens at the O2 in November..

• 18-09-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Khloe Gifted Boot

Tickets go on sale on Monday 21st Sept - 9am..

DETAILS.

I'm made up - can't believe this, the hairs on my neck stood on end at the news!.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Avaya79

Thanks for the link - sounded like a great great news but then i saw 76 Eur ... Why why why so expensive !! I'll be left out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Khloe Gifted Boot

Avaya79 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link - sounded like a great great news but then i saw 76 Eur ... Why why why so expensive !! I'll be left out...

I know, its a fvcking kick in the stones to pay that kind of money - but to hell with it, this is one I'm not going to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Yusuf wrote and produced a children's album, A Is for Allah

Everyone knows 'A' is for apple, forget teaching fantasy.

I hope Yusuf plays lots of Muslim music, Allah knows people here have lost their religious ways.

Praise Allah. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone able to get priority tickets for this yet? Bloody Ticketmaster!!! Still says not on sale! at 9.08

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

I'm still getting the same message. Could it be sold out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 redzer_irl

I called the ticketmaster phone line and the tools there had no bloody idea what was going on.
    Told me to ring the O2 who convienently dont work weekends!!!

redzer_irl wrote: »
    I called the ticketmaster phone line and the tools there had no bloody idea what was going on.
    Told me to ring the O2 who convienently dont work weekends!!!

Just relax. Take it easy. You're still young. It's ticketmasters fault.

siscri wrote: »
    I'm still getting the same message. Could it be sold out?

No its deffo a ticketmaster error, i've been trying since 9.00!

Anyone have any luck yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Been trying since before 9 & haven't gotten anything but Tickets Not Available yet.

• Advertisement

yup! How can they mess this up, they have had some practise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 redzer_irl

Just got mine!

redzer_irl wrote: »
    Just got mine!

Yep me too. Good seats as well.

Finally up, got 3 in block D on balcony!:)

Got my 2 in block D too :D Delighted!

Did you guys get them online?.

Ticketmaster.ie is telling me there's no tickets available yet.

Yep I got mine online. Still showing up as tickets available too!

Got my tickets - block B.

The price is a kick in the stones considering I got to see U2 for €35 per ticket!.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Man that's pricey but like others I'll still end up going ----I Hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

As far as I remember, Cat Stevens fully supported the fatwa against Salman Rushdie. Can someone enlighten me if he ever changed his view on this or would he still be happy to see a fellow human being killed because of an alleged insult to a religion.

• Advertisement

chughes wrote: »
    As far as I remember, Cat Stevens fully supported the fatwa against Salman Rushdie. Can someone enlighten me if he ever changed his view on this or would he still be happy to see a fellow human being killed because of an alleged insult to a religion.

Ever tap your foot to The Wolfe Tones?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Ever tap your foot to The Wolfe Tones?.

I've never had an time for armchair republicans like the Wolfe Tones. By the way, didn't they have a falling out ? Does this mean we have a Provisional Wolfe Tones, an Official Wolfe Tones, and maybe a Real and Continuity in there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Anywhoo...delighted got my tickets this morning. Was up on Sat to get them in the presale but after trying for 20mins to no avail, ended up leaving it then when I went back tickets were available - but then sold out!

Luckily got them on general release this morning! 10 Rows from the front in the middle on the floor! Hope it's a great show, glad I don't have to wait too long either!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

chughes wrote: »
    I've never had an time for armchair republicans like the Wolfe Tones. By the way, didn't they have a falling out ? Does this mean we have a Provisional Wolfe Tones, an Official Wolfe Tones, and maybe a Real and Continuity in there as well.

COMPLETELY off topic as it may be that had me in fits ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

sdonn wrote: »
    COMPLETELY off topic as it may be that had me in fits ;)

Hopefully - this is more relevant (and regretably more serious) - does anyone know whether the bar will be serving alcohol ? I heard that alcohol was not served at the Eric Clapton concert at his request. It just occured to me that Yusuf might do the same (maybe that explains the high ticket prices?).

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Hi,

I was at the Clapton concert and will be at the Yusuf Concert as well. I can confirm that drink was served before the Gig started and while the support band played. It was not however served during the gig itself.
    Does anybody know if there is a support band playing on Sunday?

Gav

GavinH wrote: »
    Hi,

I was at the Clapton concert and will be at the Yusuf Concert as well. I can confirm that drink was served before the Gig started and while the support band played. It was not however served during the gig itself.
    Does anybody know if there is a support band playing on Sunday?

Gav

Jesus, I've just seen this!.

Here's one person who won't be a happy camper - AT ALL if there's no drink served during the gig. It'll be the pits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just back from this.

I enjoyed it, but there were a LOT of hecklers and people leaving early. I can kind of understand that, the preview of the musical went on a tad too long.

I would have preferred if Cat Stevens sang the more well known songs himself, indtead of letting the actors do that (Matthew and Son is one of my favourites and I was disappointed that he didn't sing that one).

Ronan Keating at the end though. WOOHOO. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

anyone else gutted he didnt sing wild world

and ronan keating on stage with him ruined the final song - i mean seriously ronan keating :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MMD

Truly one of the most bizarre gigs I have ever seen.

Loved the beginning to the interval...and then we entered the twilight zone...I was unsurprised people left in their hordes...it was awful, self indulgent, uncomfortable and I felt embarrassed for him.

It reminded me of Spinal tap to be honest.

People did not fork out €100 to see a west end style musical based on Cat Stevens catalog of music...they wanted, expected and deserved what should have been a greatest hits show seeing as it was his first tour since 1976.

If he hadn't have "rescued" it towards the end, there would have been a riot methinks.

Advertisement