Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nighttimenetwork Podcast

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Its been more than 2 months now, starting to think we may not get any more.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, I'd say it's probably safe to say it's most likely dead at this stage.

Shame if it is really. The lads and Al are always fun to listen to.

You'd wonder if 98FM stepped in and had a quiet word with him over it...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say it's probably safe to say it's most likely dead at this stage.

Shame if it is really. The lads and Al are always fun to listen to.

You'd wonder if 98FM stepped in and had a quiet word with him over it...

Hopefully not, someone said that al said on his twitter that they would do more but that was a good while back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Hopefully not, someone said that al said on his twitter that they would do more but that was a good while back now.

Any other podcasts of a similar nature to this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

youngblood wrote: »
    Any other podcasts of a similar nature to this?

In terms of guys just sitting around talking sh*te?

The Dismal Jesters is a good one. A bit crude perhaps, and leans towards video games, but well worth a listen. Might be a bit hard to get into, it can be a bit in-jokey.

Ditto The Comedy Button.

Would be really interested in other suggestions too.

• Advertisement

Will check em out, cheers
    Yea just funny people talking ****e--
    I do like the Smodco Podcasts by Kevin Smith Hollywood Babylon can be v funny

And its back????

New podcast .............just Ray.....mmmmm

And its back????

New podcast .............just Ray.....mmmmm

Huzzzzzahhh!

Really enjoyed that episode. And I'm glad Ray actually wants to do it again. :)

Al doing Garth Brooks was pretty damn hilarious I have to say. :pac:

D'you guys reckon Shauna and Ann will return? Probably unlikely now that Shauna has a show of her own I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,409 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

New podcast up tonight.

• Advertisement

New pod up. :)

Haven't listened to this latest one, but I have to say I liked last week's one trying out that new format. It's cool to have a few mini conversations rather than one giant one.

Gotta love the ntn podcast. Haha

"The two suspects were apprehended in the back garden sucking each other off at gun point"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Had taken my time listening to these since its return as I had picked up other podcasts while it was gone, but I'm glad I didn't give up on it altogether. So funny. Al and Ray are great together. Before, I was always waiting to see who else would be along for the podcast with Ray, but I'd be more than happy just listening to the two boys, obviously I think JP will be great if he returns though, that goes without saying! :)

Al seems a little more palatable this time round for some reason.......
    They made reference to the "fagg@t" comment from earlier podcasts and explained themselves, their attitude towards its usage may have matured a little which was good to hear...
    Great to hear em again, I wonder will any of the others join them at some stage, v enjoyable

New ntn podcast up

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭IUA14

Loving that the podcast is back regularly and this weeks started off well with the lads trying out the clips and beds to give it more of a show feel which would be great! I do miss JP and Ann though and hope they return for next week's!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

IUA14 wrote: »
    Loving that the podcast is back regularly and this weeks started off well with the lads trying out the clips and beds to give it more of a show feel which would be great! I do miss JP and Ann though and hope they return for next week's!

I didn't really like that, the thing I enjoy about this podcast is that it has a loose, 'real conversation' feel which kinda ruins the authenticity that they seem to be going for. It ticks my box as the 'just a few mates having a laugh' podcast and I feel that adding production would tempt them to try and spruce it up, so you'd lose that authenticity in the process. That aspect put me off the Ann & Al Podcast, they tried to be both loose but run features and gimmicks at the same time. Leave the production stuff for the main show.

I do like them just chatting but I feel there needs to be more than just Ray and Al for that so if they had Ann & JP on it aswell I think it would improve it as it can get a bit visual with just the two of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

leggo wrote: »
    I didn't really like that, the thing I enjoy about this podcast is that it has a loose, 'real conversation' feel which kinda ruins the authenticity that they seem to be going for. It ticks my box as the 'just a few mates having a laugh' podcast and I feel that adding production would tempt them to try and spruce it up, so you'd lose that authenticity in the process. That aspect put me off the Ann & Al Podcast, they tried to be both loose but run features and gimmicks at the same time. Leave the production stuff for the main show.

I'd never heard of this. Is it still going?

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I'd never heard of this. Is it still going?

No, here they all are though.

http://annalpodcast.wordpress.com

• Advertisement

New episode tonight. Ray, al and JP.

Good podcast, bit short though! Missed JP on the previous ones so great to hear him back!

I was barely containing belly laughs listening to that episode at my desk. The whole thing at the start about JP was just hilarious.

No podcast this week? :-/

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    No podcast this week? :-/

Nope not that I can see.

I think we'll be getting a new episode soon. JP made reference to missing a recording on yesterday's radio show, so hopefully we get something this Sunday. :)

they must be holding onto a good one!

they must be holding onto a good one!

Probably didn't get enough time to record much last week. I know he said he wanted to keep them in around an hour long. Maybe that's it. When I seen there was a new post in this thread I was hoping it was someone saying a new one was up!

New ntn up! Boom!

• Advertisement

"How obligatory is the obligatory kids bit ?" Haha

Advertisement