Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nitelink Changes Announced

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭howiya

Does Ray not mind his email address being on a public forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Howiya,that addreess along with a few others relevant to Network Direct has been up on boards for some months now...on this thread actually....back around Phase 1 I think...:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69653382

Post #413

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

howiya wrote: »

so what if he does, it's a business email address and should be available to the public.

If it was a personal private email it would be different

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭howiya

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Howiya,that addreess along with a few others relevant to Network Direct has been up on boards for some months now...on this thread actually....back around Phase 1 I think...:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69653382

Post #413

Ok so regardless of the rights and wrongs of displaying someone's email address on a public forum, are network direct and the changes to the nightlink related? I didn't think they were. If they're not related then there's little point in emailing the manager responsible for network direct

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Howiya : are network direct and the changes to the nightlink related? I didn't think they were. If they're not related then there's little point in emailing the manager responsible for network direct

Good question,which Dublin bus kinda indirectly answered at a recent meeting when the Nitelink options were discussed.

It appears the company required an immediate reduction of 60 Nitelink journeys,which if not agreed to by the Staff,would see the cessation of all Nitelink services.

IMO,It is all about cost-savings,and as such therefore can be regarded as an integral part of the greater ND programme.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Allan,

I have just received an email from Dublin Bus telling me that Dublin Bus has completed a post implementation review of Nitelink services. As a result of this review, I am pleased to inform you that Dublin Bus will be adjusting the 46n service to cater for customers in Ballinteer, Broadford and Dundrum.

The new routing will be as follows

Current routing to Kilgobbin Road in Sandyford and then Brehon Field Road, Stone Masons Way, Broadford Road, Ballinteer Avenue, Wyckham Way, Ballinteer Road, Main Street Dundrum and last stop at Luas Interchange (Taney Road), Dundrum.

This service will operate every 30 minutes from 12.00am to 4.00am.

Dublin Bus inform me that they have applied to the National Transport Authority to operate the above route with commencement during May

Neale
    - Show quoted text -

On 2 April 2011 11:23, Allan Brown <allanbrown49@gmail.com> wrote:

Good Morning,

I'm writing to you because of the news that has been brought to our attention about the Dublin Bus nitelink service being cancelled in the Dundrum area (the 44N & the 48N),

As of the 25th March there is no more nitelink services to the Dundrum Area, leaving a lot of people in the Dundrum, Windy Arbour, Taney and Goatstown area without a viable means of getting home safely
    There is the option of a taxi but that can cost €15-€20.

The alternitives that Dublin Bus has offered are laughable at best, Below is an example of 44N and 48N users options;

The following route numbers will no longer operate;
    44n - please see 46n for alternative route
    48n - please see 15n or 46n for alternative route

15N to go to Dundrum

Richmond Street, Rathmines, Kenilworth Road, Rathfarnham Road, Willbrook Road, Ballyboden Road, Scholarstown Road, New Link Road, Woodstown roundabout, Ballycullen, Firhouse, Oldbawn, Tallaght (Ellensborough)

46n From D’Olier Street Towards Sandyford
    Revised Routing
    Kildare Street, Leeson Street, Donnybrook, UCD Belfield, Stillorgan, Galloping Green, Foxrock Church, Cornelscourt Hill, Ballyogan, Kilgobbin Road, Sandyford Village

Not one of these goes near Dundrum the closet being Belfield, but at 2 or 3am walking for over an hour to get home after a night out is not the safest option.

The only other option is to leave for the last normal hour bus at half 11.

But if you're going out for a party an anniversery or to a gig most of these don't finish till after 11, at least when the nitelink was there there was some room to breathe and not worry about how you were going to get home.

Myself and My fianceé find this news unacepptable, Dublin Bus have already increased prices and cut routes this year, and for them to cut two services that provided safe cheap transport to the Dundrum and surrounding areas is just not right,

Aren't Dublin Bus funded by tax payers money to provide a service, is it right to give a weeks notice of the closure of a service?

Would you feel safe walking back to your home from one of the "suggested destinations" that Dublin Bus have so kindly provided? I know i wouldn't nor would i feel comfortable with my fianceé, sister or any other female friend doing so.

Kind Regards,

Allan Brown,
    Incident Lifecycle Co-ordinator
    Hewlett Packard

--
    Cllr. Neale Richmond
    Glencullen - Sandyford Ward

086-7814514

www.nealerichmond.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Good news and a sensible compromise.

However, to suggest you have to walk over an hour or pay over EUR 20 for a taxi is not quite true.

Since the change came into effect, I have taken the 15n or 46n to either Rathfarnham Village or Stillorgan crossroads respectively and taken a taxi from there for under EUR 10 rather than paying well over EUR 20 from the city. Given the amount of taxis out and about you are never waiting too long.

Still no use to the people of Sandycove and Dalkey though :D

drobaz wrote: »

probably the least desirable compromise but compromise none the less.

now, lets pressure IE to run late night DARTs and then the above can be put back to normal :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I use to live in Deans grange I would walk from foxrock church to Dean Grange, say a walk of 20 minutes to a certain area, I wouldn't be happy about it but I would feel safe enough,
    Living in Tallaght I can't use the nitelinks now that the 54n is gone, you don't go on a 20 minute walk at night (and don't give me the its dangerous everywhere its not the same), and up at the end of the 54 route people are very cut off from any other bus routes never mind the luas and yet they keep trying to cut it up there. Not sure if this is new but the 15n ends up in the same place as the 54a phew.

Advertisement