Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case for Redundancy if job title changes?

• 25-01-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hello all,

Situation:
    I currently work for an company that are under going massive structural changes within the organisation. Redundancy has been given to individuals throughout the company as their role is no longer required.

Question:
    I have an opportunity to apply for a new role in the company if i want to. If i am not successful and dont get that job. Am i untitled to Redundancy? or can they put me back into a standard role. My current job title is no longer in the new organisation structure.

This means my current title on my contract will change. Do i have a case for Redundancy?

Thanks for any replys.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Do I understand you correctly? Are you asking if you can get a redundacy payment for losing a job you don't have?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You are very likely to be entitled to redundancy due to your position no longer exist. This was standard reorganization routine (everyone made redundant and made to reapply for the new slightly changed position name) in my old company.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Gilroy

Do I understand you correctly? Are you asking if you can get a redundacy payment for losing a job you don't have?

No im asking, if my current job is not part of the new organisation restructure, then if i apply for one of there new posts and don't get the job on offer. Am i entitled to 1) redundancy or 2) can my employer stick me in any old job and let me rot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rose14

I think if you are hoping for redundancy don't apply for any positions as your current role will go and you will have to get redundancy, if you aren't looking for redundacny apply for the new roles as I think if you are not sucessful, they will still be able to offer you another similar role in new structure and if you don't accept no case for redundancy.

This is my understanding and similar situation to myself, but I'm not sure on what would really happen, only my understanding of it.

Advertisement