Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

P.A. System Advice for DJ'ing

• 03-12-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I'm doing some mobile DJ'ing, mostly 21st birthdays and events in bars/pubs, and am looking to pick up a nice pa system for small/ medium sized venues and outdoor use.

I had been using a friend's L.E.M Hercules system, excellent imo, with two 15" bass bins and two 12" tops.

I'm looking for moderate portability and easy setup/takedown so definitely an active system. I loved the bass from the L.E.M system so feel iffy about losing the bins. My budget is about €1500 max, and would like to save some money for new lights, so second hand is definitely what I'm looking for.

I have narrowed my search to two kinds of system setup.
    Would two decent fullrange 15" tops
    e.g. RCF Art 715-A Mk II suffice?
    Or would two 9 or 12" tops and a 12 or 15" stereo sub
    e.g. RCF Art 902-AS Sub RCF Art 312-A Mk III Top be a better option?

Which of these would provide better volume and bass response? Any other help/information anyone can provide is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I used the RCF 905AS to DJ through with a 12" top. Plenty of sound from a light weight setup.

I'd aim for a larger tweeter in the tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'd go 905 but the 902 is s fine bin too. Pm me I know someone selling a brand new 905 very cheap. The 312 or hd12 tops would be perfect too, I went with the hd12 as they look better IMO. I think the 15" top would be overkill with a bin and a bugger to carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I agree about the look.

The art range looks bad, I prefer the full black grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

You'll be lucky to find what you want for that money, donedeal and adverts is full of behringer and qtx stuff, which is no good. Definately much better to go for rcf or equivalent. Better to go for a sub if you can too and two 12's which could be used on their own for small gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Well if he bothered to pm me I could get him an rcf bin for sub 1000....

• Advertisement
Advertisement