Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech Alarm Internet Dialler

Options
  • 30-12-2013 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm attempting to building a mod for the Aritech Alarm -

Wanted one for some time now.

Just thought Id blog my progress here on the project - see if anyone here can think of anything Id be missing - or if anyone is interested might want to follow along....

My goal of what id initially like to achieve is

1. Have the house Email me if the alarm goes off.

2. Be able remote in - from my mobile phone and see a log of what happened - what zones caused the alarm etc.

3. Be able set/reset the alarm remotely.

4. Be able switch other things remotely - eg. lights.

The equipment Ill be using is:

1. Aritech alarm panel - because its what I have handy
    (and they are pretty good with lots of ways of connecting to it).
    - but it should be possible to use with other boards should I get my hands on a different one.

2. Arduino developer board + Ethernet shield

If there is interest out there - please "thumb up" this post and Ill continue to post my findings. If you think there is anything I'm missing - feel free to let me know.

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds interesting. What Aritech panel are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭ozmo

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. What Aritech panel are you using?

I have a CD62 and a CD72 here Ill be using for testing - but I imagine it can be tweaked to work with many other panels.

Here's how I'm going to get it working...

Hardware needed
    - going use an arduino board (Ill get it working on leonardo/uno models first)
    - and an Arduino Ethernet shield

1. Alarm Logs
    For reading what has happened on the panel - I'm going to get the Arduino to monitor the printer output of the panel -and set the panel to "Event Print"...

2. Monitoring for Alarm
    Any mention of "Alarm" in the logs and I email the whole log to a set address..

(I could also I suppose have an alarm input on the Arduino for panels that don't have printers that can be triggered by an panel output)

Would anyone know what Panels have printer outputs?

The panel outputs we will be connecting to are all 0 to 5v - as is the arduino - so we can use the same ground and no relays are needed (so some power saving there).

Progress so far....

I've written code software which will monitor the printer output - and write it to the Arduino built in EEPROM (like flash memory this is protected if it looses power).
    Aritech CD72 can output at 9600 baud - its an RS232 signal but not at the normal rs232 voltage levels - it only goes 0 to 5v - so thats handy for us but not perfect - the Arduino accepts whats called TTL level - which is 5V also, but is inverted - so we need one more chip to invert the signal before it gets to the Arduino (the yellow breadboard in the photos). But it works - Yay!!!

286522.jpeg

286523.jpeg

286524.png

Arduino has enough EEProm memory to store 1000 characters of log files.

I've coded in a small Web server into the Arduino (web pages are rough versions at present) - so you can browse to the Alarm panel now and see the captured panel logs - you can also trigger outputs on the Arduino by pressing the buttons at the top.
    I will be hooking these Arduino Outputs up to the alarm panel - which should allow me to Arm/Disarm the panel.

I think this should be possible using a "KEY ZONE" on the Aritech alarm panel - but i'm still researching this - appears to be unusual in that it sets or unsets the panel depending on the resistance or voltage on the zone input.

TODO:
    Security (ie. password on the view logs and set/unset pages)
    Get Arm Disarm working.
    Better power supply (need to find a 5V power from the panel - using the PIR power supply right now and its about 13V which is more than I need)
    Lots tidyup.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I'd like to get into doing something with arduino, but I've no programming background at all and Im not too sure where Id start, this is an interesting practical use, I'll follow along for any updates, might pick something up.

ozmo wrote: »
    Hi - I'm attempting to building a mod for the Aritech Alarm -

Wanted one for some time now.

Just thought Id blog my progress here on the project - see if anyone here can think of anything Id be missing - or if anyone is interested might want to follow along....

My goal of what id initially like to achieve is

1. Have the house Email me if the alarm goes off.

2. Be able remote in - from my mobile phone and see a log of what happened - what zones caused the alarm etc.

3. Be able set/reset the alarm remotely.

4. Be able switch other things remotely - eg. lights.

The equipment Ill be using is:

1. Aritech alarm panel - because its what I have handy
    (and they are pretty good with lots of ways of connecting to it).
    - but it should be possible to use with other boards should I get my hands on a different one.

2. Arduino developer board + Ethernet shield

If there is interest out there - please "thumb up" this post and Ill continue to post my findings. If you think there is anything I'm missing - feel free to let me know.

Hows the project going? any updates, I was looking into Arduino today, looks like I might need to learn C programming language, but Im unsure if its absolutely necessary or if thats what Arduino uses (in the background?)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be very interested in hearing any updates on this also.

• Advertisement

Sorry I haven't been posting more - Christmas then some hardware issues interfered- :o

I hope to do more over this weekend - since my last post I have got the following working

* it correctly captures all the panel log as it happens (it has enough space to store the last 12 or so events - Arm, disarm by who etc)
    * When the Arduino sees an alarm log event from the panel - it sends the logs it has via email....

I plan on posting the source - maybe on GitHub - so no knowledge of coding should be necessary to create one of these for yourself
    (coding knowledge only necessary if you would like modify the functionality or help by contributing new features or tweeks)

Ill keep you updated.

“Roll it back”

Sooo -

Here you go - I have the code working and stable - You should be able upload it to an arduino now and try it out -

https://github.com/OzmoOzmo/CastleInternetDialler/tree/master

Let me know how far you get with it.......

What it does:
    1. It Allows you to browse to the Alarm Panel and Arm and Disarm
    2. It will email you if an alarm goes off
    3. There are custom inputs and outputs - so you can monitor and activate other things in the house - garage door up or down - water sensors - lights - heating etc.

So to Use:

You will need:
    1. Arduino Leonardo or Clone (or Uno/Uno Clone or other 32K device should be ok)
    About $10 on ebay
    2. Ethernet Shield - or clone. Revision 2 (R2) are cheap and prefect.
    About $10 on ebay
    3. TTL to RS232 convertor (Search for "TTL Converter Module MAX3232CSE")
    About $2 on ebay (link)

Connecting Up:
    1. Loadup in the Arduino IDE - and edit the parts at the top of the file to suit your needs (panel details, your email address etc)
    2. Setup a KeyZone - this requires two 4k7 resistors in series - Connect Pin 4 to the center between the two resistors.
    3. Connect Pin 0 (RX1) to the TX of the printer port on the alarm panel
    4. Connect Ethernet and power to Arduino

I will supply more detailed wiring instructions as I get it done- but most of it is very straightforward - just the connection to the printer port really needs me to detail more.

I will continue to work on it...
    Todo List:
    1) Keep testing
    2) Add login page

Let me know any issues....

291246.png

“Roll it back”

I need to order some components and start playing around
    May do that outside of my alarm
    I dont have a printer output on my aritech and that seems to be necessary for this project?
    Ive a zone set up as a key zone now, but Im not sure why you have 2* 4k7 resistors set up in series?

Ive even more basic questions regarding arduino, but I dont want to bog things down in my lack of knowledge about other aspects of how it works, at the moment anyway,I'll have to do some reading up seperately to doing projects I think, Arduino for dummies, here I come :pac:.

cerastes wrote: »
    I need to order some components and start playing around
    May do that outside of my alarm
    I dont have a printer output on my aritech and that seems to be necessary for this project?

Yes - get it all working on bench first -
    Re Printer - yes, mine just had a printer output - capturing the printout is a nice easy way to monitor everything that happens.
    If you have no printer you could use an Alarm Panel Output programmed as "Alarm Output" to trigger an email. The zones (Alarm Panel inputs) are under 5v - but the Outputs are about 13Volts so you will need use ideally a relay on the output or resistor to get the voltage down to under 5v. The Arduinos can only tolerate 5Volts max.
    Ive a zone set up as a key zone now, but Im not sure why you have 2* 4k7 resistors set up in series?

Ive even more basic questions regarding arduino, but I dont want to bog things down in my lack of knowledge about other aspects of how it works, at the moment anyway,I'll have to do some reading up seperately to doing projects I think, Arduino for dummies, here I come :pac:.

The key zone wiring I got from the CD34 manual. Seems to be an exception - if the panel sees no resistor its a tamper, if it sees one resistor or two resistors in series tells the panel to arm or disarm - my Arduino code emulates the topmost switch (labeled key switch) in the diagram below...

Any questions on general arduino ask away and Ill try answer best I can

- and I'm posting here if anyone has ideas that can help with the project let me know.... :)

291404.png

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Wow ! I'm happy to have found this thread.. I currently have an sms digi-dialler on my system but wanted to go via web...

I ordered a Raspberry-Pi at start of week to start a project like this... but now after reading this thread might just follow on your steps.. Great write up..

• Advertisement

Tazio wrote: »
    Wow ! I'm happy to have found this thread.. I currently have an sms digi-dialler on my system but wanted to go via web...

I ordered a Raspberry-Pi at start of week to start a project like this... but now after reading this thread might just follow on your steps.. Great write up..

Is rasberry pi similar/the same as arduino? Ive seen that name come up a few times.
    Where did you buy your hardware items, Ive seen a few mentions of chinese/uk made boards.

I bought from http://www.newit.co.uk/. .it was just under GBP60 for the Pi, case and power supply. Still awaiting to get it!

but now that I've seen this thread I might just tag along and follow this setup.. and use the Pi as a plaything for something else..

There is a Chinese version of these lite PCs too called a Cubieboard.. It looks pretty good too.

(SORRY OP for going off subject)

Is rasberry pi similar/the same as arduino?
    Where did you buy your hardware items, Ive seen a few mentions of chinese/uk made boards.

The RPI is different - much more powerful - but its a full pc and so you get all the issues that make it less stable when left running for long periods of time - I wanted something small I can put inside the existing alarm box, uses very little power and I can forget about it for months/years just like the alarm panel itself.
    The Arduino has no operating system - you know only your code is running on it.

dx.com is great for Arduino and Arduino shields from $9 each if you can stand the long delivery times - otherwise Amazon uk is good also.

“Roll it back”

The RPI is different - much more powerful - but its a full pc and so you get all the issues that make it less stable when left running for long periods of time

Exactly.. for this very reason I much prefer your approach and am very happy to have stumbled on this thread today. It's a great approach imo.

Hi - While since I posted - here is an update since last time...

* UI is much nicer now - Optimised for IPhone and Chrome on PC.

* Has a login password.

* Hardware all soldered with plugs for easy disassembly. I used hot glue to create insulation plug tops.

Photos attached - and some info on them below...

1). Photo of the Wiring

- there is a new DC-DC board to step down the panels 14V output to 5V the Arduino needs - this is a cheap unit ($2 inc postage) which can do so very efficiently with minimal heat- you can power the Arduinos directly from 12V but its less efficient and the Arduino tends to get very hot - and 14V is way too much anyway.
    - also, I tired using the TTL to RS232 module I mentioned in an earlier post- but it didn't work so well - voltages were too high for the panel - so I reverted to my initial solution but soldered the NotGate chip in line in the cable - it just inverts the 5V signal from the panel. The chip I used was one I had in my spares - its a big chip with 8 gates but I only needed use one (TX from Panel to RX on Arduino) - any logic inverter will be fine. I also connected up TX from Arduino to RX on Panel because the Alarm Panel supports Software handshake which I may look at some time if needed.

2). The Login screen - once logged in you stay logged in until you navigate from the page. I have implemented standard HTTP Authentication and slightly more secure HTTP Digest Authentication (Encryption).
    The DIGEST Authentication uses some clever tricks to never the password,even in an encrypted form, over the wire, is more secure but its so complex it leaves very little space for the web pages.
    The username and password should of course be set to something complex (in the config section at the top of the code).

3). Screenshot 3 is a sample of how it looks on the IPhone.
    There are 4 sections
    3.1 The Arm Panel - Green light for Armed
    3.2 The Log - there is an option to have the newest at the top or bottom
    3.3 Sensors - Can be linked to anything you wish to monitor - flood/frost/Light/door contacts.
    3.4 Remote Device Control - Turn on/off things remotely - lights/heating/doors
    3.5 Information about uptime etc.

4). Photo of how it looks in chrome on a pc - panels auto rearrange to suit the larger screen space.

1h2ipu.jpg

29fv6hf.jpg

14e2ejb.jpg

33mwzzp.jpg

:)

“Roll it back”

Looks very compact
    beyond what know about it,

when you say "you can power the panel from 12v" do you mean the arduino board?

Looks very compact
    beyond what know about it,

when you say "you can power the panel from 12v" do you mean the arduino board?

Oh thanks - yeah - should read you can power the Arduino board from 5v to 12v(Ive updated the post - and added more information as well)
    - the Alarm Panel outputs almost 14v so its a bit high - I use one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LM2596-Step-down-Adjustable-Supply-Module/dp/B008RE3YOA

http://www.buyincoins.com/?r=product/index&pid=9004&page=8

(2 pounds on Amazon - or Buyincoins have them for about €1) - And set them to provide 5Volts.

You could also maybe locate the 5V supply on the Aritech alarm panel board (its used to power the CPU and other chips) and tap into that - but I choose not to and hook instead to the approved axillary power output terminals.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SebastienP

Hi Ozmo,

I read this thread and followed the progression you made with the connection between the aritech and arduino. Great work!
    My alarm system is also made by Aritech (or Interlogix), but it is, I think, a newer board, the ATS1000A-IP-MM. I would like to make the same connection, but the only RS232 connector I can find is a jumper for programming the board (I assume) and of course the connector for the keypad (RS485), but it hasn't got a printer output.
    Can you give me some advice or do you know if my board can be read out by Arduino like you did?

Thank you,

Sebastien

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

SebastienP wrote: »
    Hi Ozmo,

I read this thread and followed the progression you made with the connection between the aritech and arduino. Great work!
    My alarm system is also made by Aritech (or Interlogix), but it is, I think, a newer board, the ATS1000A-IP-MM.........

might be easier ?
    The ATS1000A-IP has an integrated 10/100mb ethernet connection supporting IP reporting to OH-NETREC receiver and U/D functionality to Titan.

Happy with my arduino Aritech Internet dialler - but I understand it may be limited for those panels that don't have this printer port -

So I've been thinking of something that would give even more functionality -

Spent some time trying to figure it all out - but I've had some good success in emulating an Aritech Keypad using an Arduino.

So far - it connects to the ABCD 4 wire alarm panel bus and appears as a remote K keypad. You then browse to the Arduino using a webbrowser on a mobile phone and you use that as the display and keypad.

If I complete this - What this means is:

1) Its a second keypad you can access from at home or if desired anywhere in the world as if at home.
    2) The panel can contact you if there is an alarm
    3) Should work with almost all the Aritech Alarms that use this familiar keypad(*)
    4) And plus - each Arduino Keypad is an 4 zones extender (for panels that supports it) - so you get to better split and name the zones you have or have the arduino say upstairs and you can reduce the amount of wires needed to run around the house and still get zone differentiation.

*(I aim to emulate the Aritech CD9038 and CD3008 keypads - as these are the ones I have and seem most popular & but maybe more if they support the same protocol).
    to connect to the panels CS350 CD34, CD62, CD91 and maybe others like the ATS1000A-IP-MM as long as they can accept one of those 2 keypads)

Complete and todo:

1. Complete - I have the protocol figured out - can read what the panel is sending on the bus and know when its the Arduinos turn to talk - and can emulate most functions of the keypad display - still a few to do like cursors and flashing characters etc.
    Currently emulating a CD3008 keypad (no extra zones implemented yet - todo.).

2. Complete - Phone connects to the Arduino and receives the current display for that keypad

Todo: implement nice graphical display - make the UI look like a keypad - emulate leds.
    Todo: Improve the hardware needed to go up from the 5V Arduino system to 14V the alarm uses - needs be simplify.
    Todo: Implement the rest of the display commands (mostly blinking and editing stuff)
    Todo: re-implement sending emails (code from previous project)

Going be really tight fit to get it to fit all in an Arduino... this and the 5v to 12v electronics interface rework are the tricky things for me to look at right now...

300093.jpg
    A CD3008 keypad

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SebastienP

@gctest50: though the board has usb/ethernet connectors there is no 'simple' way to communicate with the board as far as I know. I haven't got any additional software like Netrec or Titan and there's still no iPhone app. The Android app doesn't work correct (I can login but can't activate the alarm or read out its status).
    @ozmo: it sounds really promising- how did you figure out the protocol??

SebastienP wrote: »
    @ozmo: it sounds really promising- how did you figure out the protocol??

Just had to find a use for my new (50 euro) digital scope :)

ARM DSO Nano DS0201 Pocket-Sized Portable Digital Oscilloscope With 2.8''LCD

51YYF150yCL._SL110_.jpg

“Roll it back”

Just had to find a use for my new (50 euro) digital scope :)

ARM DSO Nano DS0201 Pocket-Sized Portable Digital Oscilloscope With 2.8''LCD

51YYF150yCL._SL110_.jpg

I didnt know you could get stuff like that, interesting device.

Progress update - I now have a Arduino that pretends to be a Aritech Keypad :)

..so just the normal 4 keypad wires needed to connect it to the alarm panel and you install it like a regular keypad.

I've coded a small webserver into the Arduino as well which allows you to browse to this new keypad - so you can set/unset, review logs - or any other keypad function including engineer menus from any browser or phone.

Also - the Arduino watches out for the Warning Led messages and sends an email to your phone if there is an alarm condition.

302051.gif
    (This is an animated gif video loop - it may not play on all browsers...)

This is my test alarm setup - so all default passwords - you can see arming- triggering an alarm, disarming and entering engineer mode.

Requires: An Arduino, ethernet shield, the code, and you need make a small interface board I will post a how-to for anyone interested in making one.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

..so just the normal 4 keypad wires needed to connect it to the alarm panel and you install it like a regular keypad.

I've coded a small webserver into the Arduino as well which allows you to browse to this new keypad - so you can set/unset, review logs - or any other keypad function including engineer menus from any browser or phone.

Also - the Arduino watches out for the Warning Led messages and sends an email to your phone if there is an alarm condition.

302051.gif

This is my test alarm setup - so all default passwords - you can see arming- triggering an alarm, disarming and entering engineer mode.

Requires: An Arduino, ethernet shield, the code, and you need make a small interface board I will post a how-to for anyone interested in making one.

I want one !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

302051.gif

That my friend is brilliant, well done for all your hard work :D

302051.gif

looks good, very good, the business.
    this one, I've got to do

well done

302051.gif

Progress update - I now have a Arduino that pretends to be a Aritech Keypad smile.png

I'm going to start ordering the parts needed, any information on the how to? or the code, I had a look at the previous github link and there wasn't anything different there.
    Also, few questions
    Reading back over your posts, do I need to download github to run the code? I haven't read that section in detail or how to do that.

Im at the stage of ordering and then assemble when the parts arrive.

So far - it connects to the ABCD 4 wire alarm panel bus and appears as a remote K keypad. You then browse to the Arduino using a webbrowser on a mobile phone and you use that as the display and keypad.

If I complete this - What this means is:

1) Its a second keypad you can access from at home or if desired anywhere in the world as if at home.
    2) The panel can contact you if there is an alarm
    3) Should work with almost all the Aritech Alarms that use this familiar keypad(*)
    4) And plus - each Arduino Keypad is an 4 zones extender (for panels that supports it) - so you get to better split and name the zones you have or have the arduino say upstairs and you can reduce the amount of wires needed to run around the house and still get zone differentiation.

I also noticed this when reading back over this post,
    I'm guessing my panel might not support the "4 zone extender" you mention. I've a CS350. Not sure what you mean by zone differentiation? I access my zones via the keypad using the quick set codes and by browsing the keypad functions, it looks like you have cracked the complete range of keypad menu options, full engineer menu? I was wondering if id be able to inhibit zones, which I do occasionally.

I was thinking, put this in a box and beside my alarm panel downstairs, and then run a network cable for the arduino up to my router/modem thats in the attic.

Thanks in advance, interested in doing this for a number of reasons, mostly because it looks like an interesting project and Ive been wanting to try something with arduino and putting it into a practical use would be a bonus.

Thanks for all the feedback - Ive been trying hard to reduce the amount of electronics
    that is needed to interface the Arduino to the Aritech Alarm panel - and I have
    two options for people to choose from

i will clarify this all in a how-to guide with photos over the weekend but this is the overview-

1) Using an interface board to bump the Arduino from 5v up to 12v so it connect to the Aritech keypad 4 wire cable. just like a keypad.
    Details next post - it requires 2 transistors and supporting components

-or-

2) Direct to panel
    This is easiest - but requires soldering 2 wires to the Aritech main board. Its very efficient and reliable
    though. Only downside is some may not like soldering direct to the panel.
    If you find it tricky to solder to the Pins (they are a little tight) solder the back of the panel or
    you can look along the track route to find an easier spot to solder.on my test cd34 I found through hole points on the pcb i could plug into without soldering.

Hardware Requirements
    1 Arduino
    1 Network shield
    1 DC-DC power supply to power Arduino (you other arduino power supply)
    1 Diode (any standard diode - but preferably a schottky diode if you are buying one )

And thats it :)

Software Requirements:
    The source from GitHub
    Currently Atmel Studio v6.1 (free) - I'll do an Arduino IDE version also.
    Chrome/Iphone etc

With this method you need solder two wires to Pin 17 and Pin 18 of the largest chip
    named 78C17 on the panel and connect them to the Arduino Pins 0 and 1 - the
    Pin 1 connection to the alarm panel must have a diode.

1. connect Arduino Pin 0 (RX) direct to 78C1x's Pin 17
    2. connect Arduino Pin 1 (TX) to the diode and then to Pin 18 of the 78C1x chip
    the striped end(cathode) of the diode goes to the arduino - the nonstriped to the chip.
    3. Get power to the Arduino - Im using the DC-DC converter module I mentioned above ($2)
    that converts from the panels 12v (marked A on the keypad 4 wire output)
    to 5v with no extra heat. do not try tap into the 5v that is on the panel -the arduino could draw more than the panel has allowed for.

If you power from a mains powered usb adapter - you will need make sure the Arduino GND is connected to the panel ground (Marked as B on the 4 wire Keypad cable or any other GND is good)

The Chip is all 5V - as is the Arduino - so they are perfectly compatible,

Some later panels are surface mount (the chip is very small and square) I dont have one of these but it may be possible find places to solder too. If you look up the pinout of the PD78C17GF chip - the pin names in the datasheet
    are "PC0/TXD" and "PC1/RXD"

Note:
    1) To install a keypad - you will need the engineer password - unless you put this in
    place of an existing keypad.

2) Some solder braid may be useful to have on hand if you are not used to soldering and
    apply too much solder.

3) Of course make sure everything is powered off while working on it - for your safety as well as your alarm :)
    If you are unsure - ask - or get someone to do it who is familiar with soldering.

4)As always with these projects - I can help out where I can - Ive tried all this on the panels I own here - but I'm not responsible for any damage.

I will post the source for this second project when i convert it back to arduino ide(hopefully by tomorrow)- currently its compiling in Atmel Studio - which is a far better environment but not so user friendly as the normal arduino app.
    more details to follow...

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Sorry not posting earlier - but experienced some compatibility issues with my installed alarm when I tried it - seems the CD72 requires a response to messages very quickly - so debugging in the Arduino code must be turned off for this panel (define QUIET set to 1 in the code).

All sorted now - and its running really well.

So as promised - Version 1 of the code needed:

https://github.com/OzmoOzmo/CastleAritechArduinoRKP

NOTE: To get the code - it is customary to press the *FORK* button on Github - this is like a subscribe to thread - and you will be notified when I update the code.
    You do not need install any GitHub program to download the code - but there are ones if you wish.

There are two folders
    - 1) Library files - they all go in the Arduino library folder and
    - 2) and a .ino Arduino project file that must reside in a folder of the same name of the file - this one you open in Arduino IDE.

There is a config file in the project config.h - this is where you set your IP address's and email address.

I will update the project code every while - so be sure to Fork rather than just download.

Usage:
    Compile and Upload to to Arduino - connect to panel.
    Browse to the IP address: Check the config for the address setting - this version Ive defaulted it to "http://192.168.1.205:8383"

Security: Well theres the Port (8383) that you would need guess - then there is the Panel Pin number (6 digits) and you should also enable
    Panel Tamper - that will lock you out for a minute after 10 or so bad guesses.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement