Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bobby10_10

Zascar wrote: »
    Me too! Never play games but LOVE stickman golf! Stuck on a level and its driving me nuts!

Will give iRunner a go :)

I have no problem playing simpe games on the phone , i just dont see the point in getting games that take up so much space and that are cleary games that should be played on consoles only . i downloaded deer hunter on a recommendation from a friend , took 20 minutes to download and was deleted even quicker .

i only got irunner becasue someone said it was a similar type of game to temple run on ios , which is by bar the most addictive game ive ever played .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you want addictive try Where's My Water. That poxy alligator has cost me hours of my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

If you want addictive try Where's My Water. That poxy alligator has cost me hours of my life!

I wish they would hurry up and do some more levels, love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

8 Tracks seems like a fairly cool app. It's somewhat like Pandora, in that you browse music genres, and tunes of that kind play then for you. It's free on the Market currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I just came across the Amazon appstore which has some cool games, not available in the android market. But its only available in the US.

After some googling i found out and tried that you can create a new amazon account on the amazon.com website. You have to have a separate email to the uk amazon website. And you have to have american details, address, phone number, credit card. I used a website called fake name generator to enter details. You can download the amazon appstore and with the new amazon account you can get the free stuff.

I also managed to buy a game using my o2 money card. I bought a game from the amazon website that was available for wifi download, amazon used the fake credit card details that was registered. Off course being fake it didn't go through but it gave you the option to enter a new credit card to purchase. It went through and then you go into the amazon appstore application on your phone and go to settings, then My apps and then it should be available for you to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Downloaded Tinyshark the other day its basically Grooveshark for android, Grooveshark do have an app but you need a subscription, tinyshark is free and you can import playlists from grooveshark on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

leemurta wrote: »
    Downloaded Tinyshark the other day its basically Grooveshark for android, Grooveshark do have an app but you need a subscription, tinyshark is free and you can import playlists from grooveshark on it.

Weird, Grooveshark have now launched a mobile webapp in beta: http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/13/2705179/grooveshark-html5-webapp-launches-beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

seanybiker wrote: »
    try filmon tv
    Bikini Tee Vee, woo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Looking for a music player that will play most formats.

Uploaded a load of music to a new sd card and only some of the songs will play on the stoack player and the same on a few others (Winamp, Zigly), I get the 'songs cannot be played as the audio format is not supported' message. Maybe it's the actual songs on the sd card are the problem, corrupted or something. But would still love to know a highly rated player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Corholio wrote: »

Uploaded a load of music to a new sd card and only some of the songs will play on the stoack player and the same on a few others (Winamp, Zigly), I get the 'songs cannot be played as the audio format is not supported' message. Maybe it's the actual songs on the sd card are the problem, corrupted or something. But would still love to know a highly rated player.

Have you tried PowerAmp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BenThere wrote: »
    Have you tried PowerAmp?

Definitely the best music player on the market.
    If only it could sync with the Googly Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

BenThere wrote: »
    Have you tried PowerAmp?

Definitely the best music player on the market.
    If only it could sync with the Googly Music
    Power amp is grand but you have to pay for it!

Patsy fyre wrote: »

The horror :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Patsy fyre wrote: »

Well knock me down with a feather :rolleyes: Imagine having to actually pay for a fantastic piece of software which lets us enjoy our music on our phones. Whatever next??

Push the boat out and spring for the €3.50. If you like listening to music surely that's a price worth paying to be able to listen to all your collection? Try the free trial and if it does the job pay the money. If you don't like it, don't want to pay or it doesn't do the job ditch it. No biggie.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The horror :confused:

The cheek of software developers actually wanting money for their work! :eek: :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Corholio wrote: »

I use MortPlayer. It plays a few formats not compatible with other players (e.g. FLAC). If you like it you can donate €1.99 to the author.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Used have power amp and loved it but i'm a bit too mean to pay for it at the moment :P prob will at stage in fairness , getting by now on TTPod which is pretty good and completly free !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Downloaded a game called FLCommando which is pretty good free game.

Just caught my 4 yr old playing it there and he purchased accidentally in-app stuff costing e7.99 each. He bought two and no refunds given to these. So be very careful allowing kids play some of the newer games with in-app purchases :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

AntiRip wrote: »

Just caught my 4 yr old playing it there and he purchased accidentally in-app stuff costing e7.99 each. He bought two and no refunds given to these. So be very careful allowing kids play some of the newer games with in-app purchases :(

Kinda common sense is that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I know with iOS you can simply turn off in app purchases at a system level to avoid issues like this. I wonder is there something similar with Android.

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    Kinda common sense is that :p

Common sense I don't know about that talking about a 4 year old;)

@jaykay74, true. I see with the miss' iPad if you press to buy anything, you need to re-enter your password for the appstore.

These in-app purchases are dangerous as they are one-click and that's it.

It's a good lesson to get :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Try Osmos HD

A very addictive game. Utterly beautiful too.

Common sense I don't know about that talking about a 4 year old;)

@jaykay74, true. I see with the miss' iPad if you press to buy anything, you need to re-enter your password for the appstore.

These in-app purchases are dangerous as they are one-click and that's it.

Try this.
    http://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1626831

It's not a security feature as it can be removed by going into applications and clearing data but a 4 year old won't know to do that. It's meant to stop accidental purchases.

Try this.
    http://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1626831

It's not a security feature as it can be removed by going into applications and clearing data but a 4 year old won't know to do that. It's meant to stop accidental purchases.

That's excellent, cheers for that ;)

Otacon wrote: »
    Try Osmos HD

A very addictive game. Utterly beautiful too.

Just got this. Love the music. Nice game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone know of any folder widgets that are any good?

I saw one in a screenshot that had icons in a circle on the home screen, similar to the folder organisation on the fruit phone.

keano_afc wrote: »

I saw one in a screenshot that had icons in a circle on the home screen, similar to the folder organisation on the fruit phone.

Thats the new ICS folder structure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭vandriver

My 6 year old was playing Smurf Village,and she handed me back my phone saying 'what shall I press on this screen?'
    It was to authorise a purchase of Smurf berries of $99.99!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Giving a phone that is connected to the net to a six year old is a recipe for disaster.

Turn of wifi!

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »

Circle Launcher allows you to create an icon that pops up more icons when pressed in a circle. I got it a while ago but it was fiddly and I gave up on it.

ADW Launcher allows you to create a folder and drop apps into it. I'm using that on my tablet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement