Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MERGED] Retailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Bad news when Installing the CPU I noticed that it would not go in evenly so I had a look at it under the magnifying glass and long and behold that one of the pins are bent :rolleyes: I guess I am going to have to RMA the CPU:o
    Thats 3 of us thats had a bad day...
    Feck it...lets go to the pub:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Bad news when Installing the CPU I noticed that it would not go in evenly so I had a look at it under the magnifying glass and long and behold that one of the pins are bent :rolleyes: I guess I am going to have to RMA the CPU:o

I thought that you can line the pins back up using a credit card, or anything else small and thin like that. Just something i saw in a video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The Forsaken

hey people need advice buy parts to assembly to a new gaming pc, whats are the most reliable websites that delivery to ireland, ive used komplett.ie before but that was years ago. Thanks for the advice.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 The Forsaken

I was planning on using scan.co.uk or dabs but ive read some bad reviews. I would sacrifice a small price if the customer care and returns is good. let me know what you think, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Ryan451 wrote: »
    I thought that you can line the pins back up using a credit card, or anything else small and thin like that. Just something i saw in a video.

I must have seen the same video as you but it looked way to risky :o
    For pepole who have had to RMA from HWVS how long did it take to get a replacement item? :o

• Advertisement

Just printed out the UPS shipping label from HWVS and I am going to arrange for a courier to pick it up tomorrow :) I really hope that the replacement CPU arrives before Christmas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

How do you create an account with Ebuyer? It only allows me enter a UK address when registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hogzy wrote: »
    How do you create an account with Ebuyer? It only allows me enter a UK address when registering.

Use the postal code REP 123 & you will have no problems.

I use them all the time & found that paying through "Google Checkout" is the best way to deal with them, never had an issue.

Set one up if you don't already have one.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Heya UPS are going to collect the CPU tomorrow from my house and they said it will reach Germany by Thursday. How long do HWVS take on sending out replacement parts? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AlCanDrive55

Do you guys think if I order from HWVs today will I get my stuff before Christmas?

• Advertisement

Do you guys think if I order from HWVs today will I get my stuff before Christmas?

I do...it took 6 days for my order to arrive...thats including the weekend...There very good...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

For the next few days, yeah. After that its in the lap of the gods but from next Monday onward I strongly doubt most people here could count on a HWVS shipment reaching their doorstep by Christmas :o

Hi does anybody have the phone number for hardwareversand? I might try to call them tomorrow. The broken cpu has been there since Thursday according to UPS tracking and I have not heard anything from them and I really want to get it before christmas :o

Not in a good mood :mad: I called them up again today and asked them when it was going to be sent out and they said that the engineers had a look at the CPU and it was fine even though when I got it it had a broken pin :o:(

Not going to order from these people again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Can I ask what you all think of Pixmania these days?

I ordered from them twice in the past (over two years ago now) and never had a problem, but I continually see people claim they (Pix) aren't good to deal with etc...

Just curious as I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a Talon Attack GTX460, which would be under €200 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The latest review on pixmania:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056118050
    Posts #5 & #6

Starting to get a bit worried by the amount of broken items coming from Hwvs, It's enroute now anyways so not much I can do but pray.:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I got my stuff a month back and it was fine :)

Monotype wrote: »
    The latest review on pixmania:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056118050
    Posts #5 & #6
    Cheers. That's the kind of thing I had been hearing alright. Will have a look around at other sites.

Stupid DHL, my orders been stuck in Cologne for 3 days now. Wish they'd hurry up.

• Advertisement

Stupid DHL, my orders been stuck in Cologne for 3 days now. Wish they'd hurry up.

When the stuff reaches Ireland you will be able to track it here:
    http://track.anpost.ie/track/tracklist.html

Yay, my items came this morning. An Post are pretty damn fast. Arrived in Dublin at 4 yesterday, and they delivered it at 11 this morning. Packaging was perfect, no dents or anything from the outside. Gotta wait till the 25th to see what it looks like inside though. HWVs gets my stamp of approval anyway. A whole PC and it took one week. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FenJai

An post deliver on Saturday ? Why was I not informed ?

FenJai wrote: »
    An post deliver on Saturday ? Why was I not informed ?
    Think it's just the few weeks before Christmas - they do it every year.

Sent a email to hardwareversand asking them for the tracking code last night and I just got a email from them and now its in Dublin :) Lets hope that they did fix the pin on the cpu :rolleyes:

Sent a email to hardwareversand asking them for the tracking code last night and I just got a email from them and now its in Dublin :) Lets hope that they did fix the pin on the cpu :rolleyes:

You`ll have it up and running Monday night;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

just have a question regarding ebuyer, is it normal for the last address line to read "UK REP 123" rather than "IRELAND"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Put Ireland in there too. In the second last line.

+1 on hardwareversand.de!

They fixed the bent pin on the CPU. I also remember touching the base of the AMD cooler by accident and to my amazement they took off the thermal paste pre applied to the cooler and gave me a tube of some thermal paste for free! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Anyone know what the story is with Dabs, want to order some stuff soon but they dont seem to have what days they start shipping on again.

Thanks guys, and Happy Christmas :D

Advertisement