Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which do you prefer?

• 18-10-2006 9:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

As the countdown to the craziness of Christmas begins, so does the countdown to the days where you lay in front of the fire with the tin of sweets, silently waving goodbye to whatever hope you had of maintaining that flat stomach!

My 'tin of choice' would undoubtedly be Roses but when recently asking my mates what their 'tin of choice' was , I was shocked at how many of them actually liked those god-awful Quality Street's!

So heres my question to you- which do you prefer and why??

what is your tin of choice?? 50 votes

Roses
    0%
    Quality Street
    92%
    neuro-praxisKolodnybyteRuu_OldCerditoLafortezzamemphisrubadubCrucifixparasiteStench Blossomsemmet02MoonbeamFast_Moverkleefarr_blank_Rbcashbackbrianthebardp~b 46 votes
    Im a freak who doesn't like chocolate!
    8%
    Kintarō HattoriFaithPacificoJC06 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Quality Street
    Roses deffo.
    I love the ones in the purple wrapper with hazelnut in caramel.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

My top five would be:

1. Roses
    2. Season's Greetings
    3. Double Centres
    4. Celebrations
    5. Quality Street

I'm terrible & will eat my favourites out of each box. The purple ones from Roses, the liquiorice ones from Season's Greetings, any hard chewy ones from Double Centres, Malteasers from Celebrations & toffee penneys from Quality Street. Not all at once mind you :eek: I also love the Curly Wurly out of Cadbury's selection box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Quality Street
    what the hell are seasons greetings? not much of a fan of double centres!! im with ya on the whole 'picking-my-fav-out-of-each-tin' scenario :)

what the hell are seasons greetings? not much of a fan of double centres!! im with ya on the whole 'picking-my-fav-out-of-each-tin' scenario :)

Think thats what they are called. They come out at Christmas only in a silver box with a picture of Santa on the front. You get a complete mixture of sweets inside, including jellies, liquiorice toffees, cream toffees, boiled sweets etc. We nearly always get a box of them every year. You can get them in most supermarkets like Tesco & Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Quality Street
    oh yea- sometimes it seems those type of tins of sweets only let out for christmas are full of all the rejected sweets throughout the year from suppliers haha! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Scots clan FTW

plonk wrote:
    Scots clan FTW

I love those too. When we were younger we used to fight over which colour ones we got. I always thought the brown wrapper ones tasted nicer than the red ones even though they are the same. I also love Emeralds & Colleens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Quality Street
    Roses. Definately. Quality Street are probably, in all honesty, just as good but nothing beats the feeling of pigging out with an entire tin of roses in your lap...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Quality Street
    That's a silly question!! Roses all the way baybuh!!!

Oh how i love Christmas....simply because of all the chocolate..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Archeron

Quality Street
    Roses, definitely. Quality street have too many chewy ones, and my poor ickle teeth cant handle that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Quality Street
    Roses. For some reason, since I was a child, I've always thought of Quality Street being tackier that Roses. They were what you gave to relatives you didn't think that much of at Christmas. Roses were for favourite Aunties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Quality Street
    Roses without question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

Quality Street
    what kind of a question is that?
    Roses all the way, cadburys is THE best chocolate you can buy, next to belgian or green and blacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Quality Street
    Roses fan here, I don't think there are too many in a Quality Street box that I enjoy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Quality Street
    Def roses! I think it's something to do with the chocolate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Quality Street for me, just can't beat that strawberry cream. Roses are ok, but we always had them growing up in our house, so I think I'm a little sick of them. We always had Quality Street less, so I guess that's partially why I prefer them over Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Quality Street
    Wow, Roses are totally pwning Quality Street so far (and quite rightly too).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hmm, I'm having a hard time remembering what differences there are between them. QS do have the green triangle, which is my favourite, but Roses have the strawberry one...

I think I'll pick QS as Roses are just that bit too sweet.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Quality Street
    Roses here, though I wouldn't say no to Celebrations either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Quality Street
    Roses here aswell!

I absolutely love Scots Clan though...yummmmmmm..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Quality Street
    Roses for sure. Bought one of the big tins in tescos, for xmas, and they have already been eaten! Didn't think they would last long in the house.

Tescos own tin of sweets are OK but you can't go wrong with a tin of Roses.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Aidan78

Definitely Roses. I buy the large tin at Christmas every year from the stalls on Henry Street. Too many toffees in Quality Street. Even though, having said that, I never eat the toffees out of Roses either. They're always left sitting at the bottom of the tin. My dad loves them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Quality Street
    Well the Quality Street option took a bit of a beating....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Quality Street
    roses
    seasons greetings also mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Quality Street
    what kind of a question is that?
    Roses all the way, cadburys is THE best chocolate you can buy, next to belgian or green and blacks.
    Cadburys' owns green and blacks now!

And yeah your right Roses ftw, as someone pointed out before, quality street are for the second cousins, the present that says..."Oh. You shouldn't have(been so cheap). Thanks you"

I'm sitting here munching my way through a box of Celebrations and I can safely say they kick the asses of both Roses and Quality Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Quality Street
    Faith wrote:
    I'm sitting here munching my way through a box of Celebrations and I can safely say they kick the asses of both Roses and Quality Street!
    already?? :(
    my mom bought three big tins of Roses and Miniature Heroes...they sit there looking at me and i can't have em....sniff

Oh, I treated myself due to exam stress. The Christmas chocolate is a long way away!

My dad's a GP so loads of his patients give him gifts of chocolate. They are all put in a cupboard and comsumed painfully slowly, and usually when I'm not at home. There's none of this opening everything and eating it as you will :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Quality Street
    Roses are far nicer than Quality Street. Celebrations are lovely too. I used to love Seasons Greetings, but I'd forgotten about them. Something to do over the coming weeks.
    Even though I eat my favourites first, when you're left with the rest and feel obliged to eat them, they're actually really nice (except coconut and coffee ones. Yuk!)

Advertisement