Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watching Order

• 03-10-2012 4:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭

Just started watching Battlestar a few weeks ago and I've reached the end of season 2 (Watched Razor after episode 17). Now the watching order I found online and have been sticking to suggests that I watch the 10 web episodes but apparently they can't be watched from outside the US for free. Are these episodes important in the grand scheme of things or would I be fine moving on to season 3?

Viewing order mentioned before is:
    The Miniseries

Night 1
    Night 2

Season 1

1.01 33
    1.02 Water
    1.03 Bastille Day
    1.04 Act of Contrition
    1.05 You Can't Go Home Again
    1.06 Litmus
    1.07 Six Degrees of Separation
    1.08 Flesh and Bone
    1.09 Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
    1.10 The Hand of God
    1.11 Colonial Day
    1.12 Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I
    1.13 Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II

Season 2

2.01 Scattered
    2.02 Valley of Darkness
    2.03 Fragged
    2.04 Resistance
    2.05 The Farm
    2.06 Home, Part I
    2.07 Home, Part II
    2.08 Final Cut
    2.09 Flight of the Phoenix
    2.10 Pegasus (56 minute extended version)
    2.11 Resurrection Ship, Part I
    2.12 Resurrection Ship, Part II
    2.13 Epiphanies
    2.14 Black Market
    2.15 Scar
    2.16 Sacrifice
    2.17 The Captain's Hand

Razor (99 minute extended version)
    TV movie. (Note: This was originally broadcast just before Season 4, but chronologically it fits here, telling more of the Pegasus's story. Some people argue it's better to watch after Season 3, as originally broadcast, but there are no spoilers if you watch it here.

Additional note, due to people's questions: Razor is almost entirely about the Pegasus, something like 95% of the story is about their crew. By the time you reach the end of Season 3, the events on the Pegasus will feel like ancient history, and it's very jarring to go back and learn more about what was going on back then. This is why it's recommended to watch it here, even for first-time viewers. There's one minor scene at the end of Razor which sets a tone for Season 4, which is why some fans insist it's better to watch where it was originally broadcast, but most fans agree with me that, all things considered, it is still better to watch now -- even if you're a first-timer.)

Optional: Razor Flashbacks (This was billed as a "7 episode web series", but really they are just deleted scenes from the broadcast version of Razor. In fact, most of these scenes are now reintegrated into the extended version of Razor, making what's left even more unessential. They are mentioned here only for the sake of completeness, and to reduce confusion; they are far from necessary. The only "episodes" not reintegrated are 1, 2 and some parts of 7. Note: These "episodes" were originally released online before Razor was broadcast, but the extended version means it makes a more sense to view them afterwards.)

2.18 Downloaded
    2.19 Lay Down Your Burdens, Part I
    2.20 Lay Down Your Burdens, Part II

The Resistance
    A 10 episode web-based series bridging seasons 2 and 3. (25 mins.)

Season 3

3.01 Occupation
    3.02 Precipice
    3.03 Exodus, Part I
    3.04 Exodus, Part II
    3.05 Collaborators
    3.06 Torn
    3.07 A Measure of Salvation
    3.08 Hero
    3.09 Unfinished Business (70 minute extended version - Note: Not included on Region 2 DVDs, but is included on ALL Bluray releases.)
    3.10 The Passage
    3.11 The Eye of Jupiter
    3.12 Rapture
    3.13 Taking a Break From All Your Worries
    3.14 The Woman King
    3.15 A Day in the Life
    3.16 Dirty Hands
    3.17 Maelstrom
    3.18 The Son Also Rises
    3.19 Crossroads, Part I
    3.20 Crossroads, Part II

A lot of fans would argue that it's worth watching the end of Razor again at this point (specifically the scenes featuring the Hybrid), as this was where Razor was originally broadcast, and its ending sets a tone for Season 4.

Season 4

4.01 He That Believeth In Me
    4.02 Six of One
    4.03 The Ties That Bind
    4.04 Escape Velocity
    4.05 The Road Less Traveled
    4.06 Faith
    4.07 Guess What's Coming to Dinner?
    4.08 Sine Qua Non
    4.09 The Hub
    4.10 Revelations

Season 4 Continued (aka "Season 4.5" or "The Final Season")

4.11 Sometimes a Great Notion

The Face of the Enemy
    A 10 episode web-based series (although it plays together like an intense mini-episode). (36 mins.) These episodes have not been included on any DVD or Bluray releases, but if you live in the US you can view from for free at Hulu.com. They are not presently available anywhere else in the world to my knowledge. (I highly recommended you do your best to find them -- not only was it entirely enjoyable, but it explains a few key things and sets up the next episode.)

4.12 A Disquiet Follows My Soul (53 minute extended version - only on Bluray releases)
    4.13 The Oath
    4.14 Blood on the Scales
    4.15 No Exit

The Plan (DVD/Bluray movie)
    A stand-alone movie that shows (approximately) the first two seasons from the Cylons' perspective. (You finally get to see "The Plan", mentioned all those times in the opening sequence!) Although The Plan was originally released after the show had finished, it is generally agreed that it should be watched here, so that everything is all tied up when you do reach the end.

4.16 Deadlock
    4.17 Someone to Watch Over Me
    4.18 Islanded In a Stream of Stars (62 minute extended version - only on BluRay releases)
    4.19 Daybreak (150 minute extended version - only on BluRay releases)

The Plan
    This is where this DVD/Bluray movie was originally released (after the show had finished). It's generally agreed that it's preferable to watch this after No Exit, instead of after you've finished the entire series, but there's no harm in waiting until now.

Caprica
    An entire TV series set 58 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica, and revealing the events surrounding the creation of the Cylons. (Although it's worth noting that you don't have to have seen BSG to watch Caprica... and some people have decided to watch this series first.)

1.01 Pilot
    1.02 Rebirth
    1.03 Reins of a Waterfall
    1.04 Gravedancing
    1.05 There Is Another Sky
    1.06 Know Thy Enemy
    1.07 The Imperfections of Memory
    1.08 Ghosts in the Machine
    1.09 End of the Line
    1.10 Unvanquished
    1.11 Retribution
    1.12 Things We Lock Away
    1.13 False Labor
    1.14 Blowback
    1.15 The Dirteaters
    1.16 The Heavens Will Rise
    1.17 Here Be Dragons
    1.18 Apotheosis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seamie mac

Hi,

A quick 'Thank You' for this ... just started my BSG voyage and suddenly discovered the debate about the optimum watching order. I like the way you have it outlined. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

seamie mac wrote: »
    Hi,

A quick 'Thank You' for this ... just started my BSG voyage and suddenly discovered the debate about the optimum watching order. I like the way you have it outlined. Cheers!

Enjoy, I put it off for a long time and was pleasantly surprised when I finally got around to it :pac:

Advertisement