Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography

• 06-06-2003 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Would I be safe if I only studied a regional division of Spain and maybe core and peripheral regions in higher Geography region question?
    I saw someone posting that a regional division of France was 99% going to come up. How much of a chance has regional division coming up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I'd say division of regions will come up. The only country I know atm is Italy, though I should know France by tonight. I might look over Germany if I have time too. If we get questions like they did in 2001 I'm screwed :(

Btw I'd say rivers are definately coming up in physical section especially seeing as they weren't there last year. Do you have a fieldwork learnt eire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Yep! Rivers should definitely come up! Mind you, the exams are going to easy at the moment, I think Geography is going to be the sting in the tail! For regional do Norway, Italy, Role of Sea and Core/Peripheral!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger
    Do you have a fieldwork learnt eire?

Yep. I'm delighted now with this new book. There's 25% done already. I'm not doing Physical Geography, I'm going to do the photo and fieldwork.

All this exam is just memory from this whole week, I never listened in class (so stupid!).

How long is your regional divisions and how many heading do you use?

BTW. Are you doind it in point form or essay style?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I dont know, I think the geog paper is gona go well, history is due for a bad paper though :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i wonder why no one does Ireland i was thinkin of doin dat as it comes up every year..... but imm not now..i got my field study this mornin will i ahve time to learn that plus all the countrys what countrys should i def know perfect?
    thanks,
    cartmn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

People do actually do Ireland - all the stupid fvckers who don't know any other country

they start talking about their local cinemas and shops and things

Ok,I need some help.

I have a division of Spain typed out on my computer but it is over 5 pages long. I wouldn't be able to write it in 45 minutes. So, if you are willing to help I will e-mail you a copy and you can take out the info that isn't important as long as it still has the info for an A or B.

Mess around with it as much as you like and then e-mail it back to me. The more people willing to help me the better, (although, I know a lot of you are doing something like this yourself) its up to you. Probably won't take you long anyway.

If you want a copy just for the sake of it I'll send you one too but please at least one or two reply back with your version.

Just reply to this post and I'll send a copy to your e-mail address in your profile. The more replies the better.

I will hardly have time to watch the Ireland match with all the work I'm doing.

Hope you can Help.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

send it to me at simon04@eircom.net

i will see what i can do.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Heres what i'm banking on:

Regional:

Gonna do three regions from Norway + Two from Sweeden.

And three Regions from France

Within thoose countries are Core and Periphery regions so they'll cover me if Core & Periphary come up. Just gotta learn off Core and periphary defintions e.t.c

Physical:

Every singal year one of the following three has come up sometimes two of them sometimes three:

Rivers, Glaciers , Coasts.

Flooding was very topical around last september/october so i'd say people interacting with rivers Dams,Missipi leeves e.t.c could come up in part B.

Map work:

Just read over sample answers.

Feild Work:

Got my report learned off so there's 22 - 25 % in the bag.

There's My Two cents.
    Good Luck on Monday.:ninja:

• Advertisement

Apparently the fieldwork study can come up on question 3: social geography and theres a vicious rumour going around that that might well happen this year. God I hope not :(

Sikes, I sent you that file. don't know if I sent it right. Did it?

Italy in regions if anyone is interested.

Thats great Celtic, how did you find that?

Was just googling looking for geography help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wouldnt say Spain will come up again.
    I hope Marine/rivers and France division come up.

Celtic Tiger
    Italy in regions if anyone is interested

That is no where near enuf for regional is it??I thought the headings are
    Primary Social And Economic....
    Minimun 4pages each...

dats what i thought:/

cartman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dont know how this can help but my friend dad was employed to print the OSmaps for the leaving cert and its of Louth this year apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Anyone got a section of the OS Map covering LOUTH ???

Its sheet 36.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by cartman
    Celtic Tiger

Minimun 4pages each...

cartman

Are you insane, 4 pages on each heading? no way. you would eb writign for hours. Basically you can do what ever you want, unless they specify what. I do climate, soil and relief, agriculture, and industry. i write about 2 pages on each region it theres three regions and 3 apges on each if theres two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ok so what cartman is saying is....
    4 pages for each heading, 3 headings for each region and 3 regions for each country?
    Thats 36 exam pages? a bit ogg considering you've got 50 minutes max.

Its basically as much as you can write in 45 minutes ie. 4-5 pages.

Originally posted by cartman
    Celtic Tiger

Minimun 4pages each...

cartman

AFAIK you can use whatever headings you want as long as they are relevant and show a contrast in the different regions. Sometimes they give you the headings though. You could easily get four answer book pages out of that website unless your writing is tiny :confused:

Btw I'm not using that website, have my own essay on Italy prepared from fifth year. If its a standard "justify country x's division into regions" this is how I'll answer it:

First define a region - A region is a well-defined area of land with particular characteristics that set it apart from other areas. These characteristics may be physical and/or climatic and/or social and/or economic.

Then I'm gonna about 3 regions under those 4 headings.

Well thats how I'm gonna answer it.

LoL that couldn't have been what he meant...........could it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Celtic Tiger
    LoL that couldn't have been what he meant...........could it?
    even it it isn't, its still 1pages a heading thats 12 pages, no way you can write that in 50 minutes. and jsut sayy you do 5-6 topics thats allot of stuff to learn off

lads,
    yer all fu<kin odd:)
    hardly i think you write 36pages..
    I meant 4pages for the whole country... That link Celtic Tiger posted was no where near 4pages....

And whoever posted Louth should really delete it.. Dats top secret stuff if that got out his father might not have a job in the morning...
    Well me goes to search for Louth Os map :P

cartman

Theres around 36 lines of text on that website and one line there = 3 lines in answer book. Thats 108 lines. Then don't forget you will be skipping lines and putting in headings all over the place. Thats four pages np. And you have a sketch map to do.

Advertisement