Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Paper 2

• 06-06-2003 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Was doin the ord. paper ... finiished up in 25 mins .. maybe i didnt do to good , but im damn sure i passed ... i can hardly speak a word of the language but i think il get a D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

At least 10 people in my school were out in 30 mins, then by 45 there was 20, by an hour theer was 45 and we were moving one of the honours studnets car around the corner so when he comes out at 12:50 he'll think its been stolen :P

SLAN LEAT GAEILIGE AGUS GO RAIBH MAITH AGAT!

Never again!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

14 years of Irish - ended.

Well ladies and gents, thats it. Personally, I would be overjoyed if I never had to read another word of that dead language again.

It was murdered by the education system we are finishing and its a definite irony that it was killed by the attempt to save it.

My opinion still is that Irish should be optional, forcing it on people induces hatred of it.

(and it was a WELL dodgy job Dave, the car can still be seen, its front is sticking out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well im happy its all over i say i got 40% hopefully i might have failed i am the worst at irish inm my skool but NEVER have to look at a word of that boll*x again, thank fu<k..

anyways good luck in the rest of them monday will be hard:/

cartman

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Yeh was finished the pass paper in half an hour too. Was quite a handy paper I must say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i did honours, handy paper too, all the stuff i knew best came up so i was well pleased, im counting on it for one of my higher grades.

not the end of irish for me tho, i hope to be doing it again in september.

yes, i am odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Did higher level myself. And I have to say that paper was the ultimate confirmation of the Culligan way (my Irish teacher). Such a suited paper for our class. Granted that I didnt really put any study in, or much effort into Irish, and probably did fairly mediocre.. I have to hand it to the man. I'm just glad I never have to learn a word of that language again. So much for the Dan Direach tho. Good thing Ogham and Gluaiseanna came up for me. I wrote an essay for stair na teanga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Paper 2 was nice indeed..... Had revised an essay about "coimhlint" in An Triail at 1am the night before.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

That coimhlint question... I took a guess at it meaning... And I got it right! Nice to have something go my way for a change.

Rest of the paper wasn't too bad. My 15 minutes of Stair na Gaeilge study all year paid off nicely...

[Think I'll name my first kid Rúraí]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭gazmond141014

Oh ya that irish p2. I failed it big time. people ask how do ya know you failed. Come on you know if you failed. I thought it was hard by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Did higher level myself.. stayed up till 6am lastnite cramming.. i learned 3 things off by heart for stair na teanga.. (took me 4 hrs) and 2 of them came up:D

i wrote 2 pages for stair
    6 for poetry (4 - pass) (2 - hons.)
    1 & 3/4 for an trial
    2 fo Prós...

is this good..?? im repeating and i got a D3 last year and i wrote less than 3 pages in paper 2.. so i'm thinking with my 12 pages 2day i may improve big time.. i got an A in oral.. tape wasnt too bad... fuked up essay bigtime in Paper 1 tho.. will i scrape a B out of it??? hmmm.. thats being pretty optimistic.. hopefully C1 tho!...

and that question on clann lir.. was that..
    " peoples love for each other helps them overcome bad times"? or something like that.. i did soem random waffle on that.. but it made sense i think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

im like so in shock here! gafa was all i studied and it came up in the right question.so i think i might hav passed WOW! mind u i think im kinda in a tight spot cause i promised god i'd build a church if gafa came up!................ i'll just be in brazil if anybody wants me........:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Originally posted by Flynn

is this good..??

Uh-huh...

The amount you actually have to write is small indeed.... 1 line per mark for the question is the standard...

'tis insane.... you can get an A in those 6 mark poetry questions by writing a few lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

I did (Culligan ) Honours and like Sev, it was pretty perfect, especially considering I had never read the novel (I read the translation once last summer), any of the short stories, and didn't even know the names of four of the the Honours poems. I think I wrote too much though - I don't know how many pages are in the booklets but I only had one left at the end. I have never heard the mark=line thing, and I thought a lot of those nine markers required more than nine lines. And that means only a little over a page for the prose and the (in my case) dirbheataisneis? Seems very short to me, but anyway, it's over! We should all take a bow.

I never even finished reading the translation. As for the pros, who needs to read them? The best part is that I've never actually read any of the poems.

In fact, now im realising how much of a waste of time it was that I actually flicked through half the book.

Also James.. Its a good thing I decided not to bother learning the Dan Direach notes you brought in, in the 15 minutes before the exam. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement