Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best premium simfree android phone

• 09-03-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

On HTC One M7 for last 2 years, fancy a change now and I don't want to sign up to another 24 month contract.

My thought right now is Oneplus one 64GB for ~330 euro, but Im wondering before I buy is there anything else I should be considering? The Oneplus one is high-end for the price and having played with one for a while I'm a fan but I don't know about other similarly priced premium android phones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Xiaomi Mi Note. Its not close to the OPO IMO, and it'd be my second choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

thanks DS, yeah I prefer the OPO compared to that, the OPO is a serious looking phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is M7 to One Plus One really that big an upgrade to justify it? (I'm asking as an M7 owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Note 4 is about the best there is at the moment if its not too big for you.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is M7 to One Plus One really that big an upgrade to justify it? (I'm asking as an M7 owner)

OPO has better camera and much bigger battery. Depending on what you can sell the M7 for, probably not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I have an M7 for work I have a opo for play. The opo crushes it.

No contest for me. I got the opo having mashed my other m6 black edition.

No turning back

For 300 bucks though, I wouldn't say it's worth the upgrade unless you're pulling almost €200 if not more for the M7. I haven't a clue what they're worth second hand though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

For 299, the 1+1 is pretty much unbeatable. You can get á huawei honour 6 for the same price on aliexpress, but the only reason would be screen size.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Find 7 QHD.

Screen of a 27" retina iMac, in a 5" package :pac: VOOC charging(0-70% in 30 mins).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

LG are also making great phones these days.

The LG G3 is €350 and the LG G2 is €270. I'd also consider both of these op.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    LG are also making great phones these days.

The LG G3 is €350 and the LG G2 is €270. I'd also consider both of these op.

I've never seen the g2 for 270? I've seen it on Amazon uk for 270 pounds, where do you source it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The_B_Man wrote: »

I went from an M7 to OPO, the difference is massive IMO - Battery, Camera, Speed, and reliability are miles better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I bought the OPO on Tuesday, eagerly awaiting delivery now :) It still says processing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

I picked up an LG G2 from Amazon Warehouse deals last week for €195, scruffy box but phone still had all original protectors on and had never been used. Upgraded from a Nexus 5, much prefer this. Keep an eye on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

baldshin wrote: »
    I picked up an LG G2 from Amazon Warehouse deals last week for €195, scruffy box but phone still had all original protectors on and had never been used. Upgraded from a Nexus 5, much prefer this. Keep an eye on Amazon.

Did the phone look like it had ever come out of the box? I wouldn't be worried about a scuffed box as long as the phone itself was scratch free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

TBi wrote: »
    Did the phone look like it had ever come out of the box? I wouldn't be worried about a scuffed box as long as the phone itself was scratch free.

Nope, phone and accessories were all in original wrapping/screen protectors.

Advertisement