Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carrickmacross: Magheross Church

Options
  • 18-01-2015 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    during our last trip to Ireland, I and my wife stopped in Carrickmacross for one night. While visiting the town after dinner, we were attracted by the old Magheross church, but the gates were locked. On the following morning we asked the lady at the B&B whether visiting the church was possible and she said that on Saturdays morning it was open.
    Perfect, that day was a Saturday! But we found the gates closed again.
    We stayed in the area for another couple of days and we happened to be around Carrickmacross on Sunday morning too, we gave it a try, but no luck.
    So I am here to ask you whether that church and its grounds are open some time in the week or the year.
    Thanks a lot!

Advertisement