Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unemployed/Employed Door to door Checks ?

• 19-11-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

This happened last night the door bell rang and rang and rang then side window knocking then the front of the house window knocking.

We were in the sitting room and did not answer the door so our flat mate answered the door.

The woman was at the door she says
    Are you employed or unemployed ?

My flat mate said what ?

she says again (Are you employed or unemployed)
    Do you have a laptop ? she says ?

Our flat mate said what ? sorry I don't have time I am busy and goes to close the door.

The woman says I work for the local government and body
    I am checking around the estate and houses.

Could I have your name she gives her first name but the woman miss hear's her name and takes it down.
    I will be back in three months time to check again.

Now we spoke about this after that and I have never heard of anything like this at all calling door to door like that.

(1) Government body going door to door.

(2) Checking to see if the house is empty so they can rob it.

(3) Debt collectors for previous tenants.

this was at 7pm in the evening and I think it is pretty weird asking people at that hour of the evening if you work or do not.

If this has happened to anyone else in monaghan do let us know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Sounds very dodgy. The first thing to do is ask to see official ID.

If this is not produced inform them that you're going to call the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The welfare people do call to houses at random hours for people that are on the X and O type payments..... where you mark off the days you worked at end of each week. This would be to known persons though and generally during the working day. I'd say this was some kind of scam.

Advertisement