Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Navy - Notre Dame, 2012 [TOUTING IS FORBIDDEN AND WILL LEAD TO PERMABANS: #205 #628]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone know good places to go in Dublin? We're staying in the Westin in the City. I don't want to go to any tourist traps.
    My cousins say that I have to go to the Palace Bar which is a 'real pub'? Anyone know about it? Is it near (or in) the city?

The Westin hotel is less than a minute walk from the Palace bar but that's at the very edge of an area called Temple Bar which is the most toursity place in the whole city. So it will be convenient for you and might be a nice place to finish off your night before you retire for the night. Temple Bar will be packed on Friday night so if you want pubs that are less tourist trap like, I'd head over to the Baggott Street area. It's about a 10-15 walk from your hotel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What time will this be finished at? I work in the area and don't wanna get caught up in the crowds...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Should be over by 5

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Anyone know good places to go in Dublin? We're staying in the Westin in the City. I don't want to go to any tourist traps.
    My cousins say that I have to go to the Palace Bar which is a 'real pub'? Anyone know about it? Is it near (or in) the city?

Palace is good, just make sure you go to Palace on fleet street, not palace on Camden Street. They're very different places!!

For a different kind of pub, try Against the Grain on Wexford Street (or their other pubs The Black Sheep or Brew Dock). They're nice pubs that serve Irish craft beer and good food. Be warned though, no Guinness on Draught (some great Irish Whiskey's though). Here's their website. Enjoy your visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Still available, tickets in the North Stand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Seems they are only going in multiples of 1 right now. Just check a few times and 3 different single tickets I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

CoachTO wrote: »
    Seems they are only going in multiples of 1 right now. Just check a few times and 3 different single tickets I found.

Same here all singles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Two seats :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

SantryRed wrote: »
    Two seats :D

Nice, great to get tickets at this late stage..

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

What are the chances of picking up tickets on the day lads? I just spent half an hour on ticketmaster refreshing to see if I could get two seats together

What are the chances of picking up tickets on the day lads? I just spent half an hour on ticketmaster refreshing to see if I could get two seats together

You will pay over the odds off touts on the day judging by the mad sales on ebay and other places.

CoachTO wrote: »
    You will pay over the odds off touts on the day judging by the mad sales on ebay and other places.
    Thanks Coach, I was hoping they would open up a few seats on the day. Ill keep on ticketmaster and I might make the trip up and chance my arm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Mulligans on Poolbeg St is very close to you, great pub. The Palace Bar in Temple Bar is very good, one of the very few places in Temple Bar worth going to. The Garage Bar at the far end of Temple Bar is lively and not too touristy if you insist on staying that end of town, thats just before the Clarence Hotel. Avoid most other bars though, they are a kip in Temple Bar.

Head up Grafton St and try McDaids (Harry St- the right turn off just before HMV) or Keoghs (St Anne's St- the left turn off after Bewleys/Cafe Bar Deli on the right hand side of Grafton St).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bit about the game on Off the Ball on tuesday:

http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/22/tuesday/1/?uniqueID=129531
    About 50 minutes in, part 1 on Tuesday.

So i spent another few hours last night on ticketmaster and this morning too. Nothing showing up anymore. :(

If anyone has spare tickets drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bowe's is also handy for you, around the corner from the Westin.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Do you think they will have another round of tickets ready to sell soon? or was last night it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi lads, will most likely have a spare ticket for block 507 tomorrow.
    Just waiting on a mate to let me know if he can make it.

Face value 70 quid and will be in town on Saturday morning

Mods please snip if this is classed as touting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Hi lads, will most likely have a spare ticket for block 507 tomorrow.
    Just waiting on a mate to let me know if he can make it.

Face value 70 quid and will be in town on Saturday morning

Mods please snip if this is classed as touting.

sent ya a PM cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Remind me of kick off time lads...... I guess one should be in the ground maybe an hr before to sample all the pre-game stuff going on?

Also, anybody got a linky to the high school games, where and whens? I wouldn't mind checking out Loyola if it is nearby.

Tickets and details for the junior games here
    http://www.tickets.ie/events.aspx/category/Sport/3

Parnell park and Donnybrook tomorrow evening

Aviva big match on at 2pm Saturday
    Pre and post match "tailgate" party in Bath Pub Bath Avenue from 11am
    https://twitter.com/thebathpub

The Dublin rebels team seem to be doing alot of work promoting it in fairness
    http://dublinrebels.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Isn't there a tailgate in Temple Bar Saturday?

Could be - not 100% sure. Will check

First google hit found this - say the athmosphere will be electric and the weathers looking good

http://oconnellhouse.nd.edu/

SantryRed wrote: »
    Isn't there a tailgate in Temple Bar tomorrow?

U mean saturday no? there is one on saturday in temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Yes, click on Saturday at the following page for info about the Temple Bar tailgate party:

http://gameday.nd.edu/events/calendar/2012-navy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just back from the Notre Dame training session. You can see in from the walkway along the Dodder.

Navy will be there later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

My tickets for this game couldn't be any further from the pitch but I can not wait for this..

Might wet the appetite with the game in Doneybrook tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    My tickets for this game couldn't be any further from the pitch but I can not wait for this..

Might wet the appetite with the game in Doneybrook tomorrow.

Same here, just bought a ticket for the friday nite fun in D'Brook.

Advertisement