Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with Sony Experia Z1 Phone

Options
  • 04-01-2015 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

So I have a problem with my Sony Experia Z1. Basically the battery doesn't last a full day. For example, I fully charged it over night last night, and after taking 3 photos, making/taking 3 call and a few texts, its down to 40%. If I let the battery run down completely, when I charge it, it wont turn on till it's fully charged. And the keyboard has a mind of its own when it comes to typing sometimes (as in doesn't want to work).
    Looking at the settings, it seems that the screen/display is taking up most of the battery life (62% is the current usage of the display)
    I am stuck with a 2 year meteor contract which is up in 2016 (thinking of changing network after this contract is up) and if I was to buy a new phone from them, it would have to be at pay as you go prices (despite being told to ring in the new year and I should be able to get a small upgrade)
    Since it looks like I have to pay a fortune for a new phone, what is the best smart phone out there?
    Was looking at the Samsung S5 or the LG G3 was mentioned to me but I know it's not being stocked in Ireland.
    Looking at buying on line from Amazon Prime if cheaper.
    Help please:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Try resetting the battery stats by booting into recovery and selecting the option, then plug it in to charge until its 100% and see if its any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 randomthoughts

Thanks a mill :) How would I do that though, I don't know much about this phone apart from it has a good camera which is why I bought it.

How to Enter Recovery Mode on Xperia Z1

Enter recovery mode using classic method – recommended for entry level users
    Take your Xperia Z1 and turn it off – that can be achieved by pressing the power button once and then by selecting “power off”; also you can press the power button for about 15 seconds and then you phone will be powered off.
    Now, turn on your smartphone, but when its LED notification light turns Pink (or any oother color in that matter) press volume up or volume down button for a couple of times until the recovery mode is being displayed.
    You can use the volume up / down buttons in order to scroll up and down on the recovery mode menu and the power key to select.
    You can go back to Android OS by selecting “reboot system now”.

Actually scratch that you can't do it in the stock recovery, apologies.

Is your screen turning on in your pocket by any chance, a faulty screen or usb charging port can cause the screen to turn on periodically which wastes lots of battery.

I'd also recommend a factory reset to see if that helps.

Thanks a mill, going to try this now.
    Your advice is really appreciated :)

• Advertisement

No, it doesn't, once its locked it stays locked, until I press the button. Will do a factory reset once I back up my photos and texts etc.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Have you turned on Stamina mode?

Yeah but there is somethin funky with the screen, when I check battery usage its using nearly 50-60% of the battery, which even to me doesn't seem right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Yeah but there is somethin funky with the screen, when I check battery usage its using nearly 50-60% of the battery, which even to me doesn't seem right

The screen is 5 inches and 1080p. It's going to drain the battery if you use the phone a lot and that's perfectly normal.

Also it's Xperia.

done one and now the alarm clock doesn't have a snooze or a off button, the only way to turn it off is to delete it. I have never wanted to drop a phone off a cliff as I do with this one. the battery is lasting just over a day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Bring it into the shop. You should get 4-6 hours of screen on time with this phone.

Might have to bring it to the shop, but don't want a ****ty replacement phone. I did ask about that but was told it can take up to 3 or 4 weeks to fix etc. If it gets any worse, I will bring it back to the shop and throw it at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

yeah I know where you are coming from

what a buggy ****ty phone. I have to stop and pause every day as im about to smash the phone off a wall

hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

done one and now the alarm clock doesn't have a snooze or a off button, the only way to turn it off is to delete it. I have never wanted to drop a phone off a cliff as I do with this one. the battery is lasting just over a day now.

I take it you have done a factory reset?Is the phone updated to the latest version? My boss has the same phone and easily gets a day out of it as a heavy user so something is up.

Inquitus could be onto something have you checked your USB port? Try giving it a light cleaning with an old tooth brush if it looks dusty

It's unreal... have to suck it up and deal with it though... only 355 days and counting till I can get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

It's unreal... have to suck it up and deal with it though... only 355 days and counting till I can get rid of it.

Just try fix the issue, how long is it since you purchased the phone? Did you do a factory reset?

Advertisement