Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need example of appendices

Options
  • 30-07-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I am finishing off a report, it needs an appendix but I don't have an example to work or what to. I know I make the appendix at the end but do I refer it in my table of contents, if so how do I do that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Duckee

Hi,

It might depend a bit on what you are working on but I can give you some general appendix tips that I usually follow.

First, appendices are often labelled with letters of the alphabet rather than numbers, if there is more than one.

Likewise if you have tables or graphs in your appendix they will often be labelled table A1, A2 etc.

In the table of contents the appendix needs to be listed but should come under the chapter contents. In other words, list it in the order in which it appears in your work.

For examples, I'd suggest heading to the local library or bookshop and head to any of the non-fiction sections. More academic type books will often contain appendices and will give you a clearer picture of what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

I found some instructions and went from there. The library why didn't I think of that. Bloody hell, job done. Know next time.

raher1 wrote: »
    I found some instructions and went from there. The library why didn't I think of that. Bloody hell, job done. Know next time.

No need to be rude. You asked for help. I offered some.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

Duckee wrote: »
    No need to be rude. You asked for help. I offered some.

I wasn't being rude, just being sarcastic to myself. The library was the right idea instead of internet search engines. No offence meant.

raher1 wrote: »
    I wasn't being rude, just being sarcastic to myself. The library was the right idea instead of internet search engines. No offence meant.

No problem at all. The hazards of text over speech. No offence taken.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement