Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

R445 through Newbridge

• 22-01-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Not sure to post this here or in the Kildare Forum mods feel free to move.
    Noticed the new signs up along the main street show the R445 no longer runs along the Main street and Edward street anymore. That road now signed the L2006 & another local route down by Dunnes Stores. I might be wrong but i think the R445 now goes by the Inner relief road by Newbridge Cutlery. Anyone on OSM who can verify this or update ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask them for hte order that authorises the change. :D

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2012/en/si/0054.html
    R445

Naas, County Kildare — Portlaoise, County Laois — Roscrea, Nenagh, County Tipperary — Limerick — Crathloemoyle, County Clare (Part Old National Routes 7 and 18)

Liffey Bridge, Main Street and Edward Street in the town of Droichead Nua;

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Ha be interesting to find out what their response would be .. Seems abit pointless considering whenever they build a outer ring road they will prob reclass that as the R445.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I was in Newbridge today and took a look. The new signs show the R445 going around Military Road, past Newbridge Silverware. Main street from the bridge to Charlotte Street is now signed as R416, and from there to the Dunnes/Woodies junction is signed as L4079. This contradicts the SI from last year, but matches with the council's own schedule. I've updated the map to match.

I didn't see L2006 mentioned anywhere though. Perhaps that was a wrong sign corrected since you posted?

I may double check and get back to you about that. The L2006 Sign was at the bank of Ireland post office junction.

Sign still there and has on its 'Right for Town Centre L2006' The sign is just at Charlotte Mall as you come up to Bank of Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement