Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

krudler wrote: »
    that was it, you rarely ever saw anyone using cold blooded unless it was a stinger class, maybe the odd sniper or on a mapp like Underpass where a lot of people use thermal, but you'd never see anything like the amount of ghost and silencer weapon users you found on Blops

Like i said, they were too busy using other bull**** perks. Im mean its fine whining about ghost.. but really besides secondchance.. i don't see a whole lot wrong with the perk setup in blops, easily on par with CoD4 when it comes to bull**** perks. The same can't be said about MW2, it was kinda like instead of ghost campers the lower skilled players stuck on OMA and Dangerclose and pew pew they went.

But yeah, all they really have to do is remove second chance and add stopping power to the ghost tier and it'll be spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    Like i said, they were too busy using other bull**** perks. Im mean its fine whining about ghost.. but really besides secondchance.. i don't see a whole lot wrong with the perk setup in blops, easily on par with CoD4 when it comes to bull**** perks. The same can't be said about MW2, it was kinda like instead of ghost campers the lower skilled players stuck on OMA and Dangerclose and pew pew they went.

But yeah, all they really have to do is remove second chance and add stopping power to the ghost tier and it'll be spot on.

nope the blops setup was fine aside from ghost and 2nd chance, the rest were grand, they always seem to put something in the wrong place. they really just need to dump any sort of last stand perk or deathstreak, actually just dump deathstreaks altogether, if you're getting killed that much just hang back, try build up a few kills and get back into it, not rely on some sh1tty perk to get to a cheap kill

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

My favourite thing about Blops set up was the ability to use to my 3 favourite perks;

Sleight of Hand
    Scavenger
    Marathon

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Flak Jacket Pro (I was cursed with napalm for so long), SOH and Marathon Pro.. FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

-Ade- wrote: »
    Marathon Pro.. FTW.

Hardest pro perk ever to get, i cant stand ctf ever since

• Advertisement

I used flak jacket for pretty much the entire duration of blops on nearly all my classes... and im pretty sure i never unlocked the pro version once ! (Not saying its the hardest.. but i've just never gotten used to being able to throw back nades !).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I used flak jacket for pretty much the entire duration of blops on nearly all my classes... and im pretty sure i never unlocked the pro version once ! (Not saying its the hardest.. but i've just never gotten used to being able to throw back nades !).

Well aren't you just great

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Well aren't you just great

?????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭klose

Used it a good bit aswell, hope it returns! Blast shield makes **** all difference in.mw3 i think anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

flak jack was an amazing perk but fudge me getting pro was tough..

Never get a nade to throw bam!!! 23 nades thrown back in one game!! comes like buses to unlock that pro perk!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

?????

:pac::pac:

anyone find the pro perks in MW3 are piss easy to get? least in Blops you actually had to work for them, in MW3 they're just given to you for having them on a class long enough. I prefer the MW2 way of unlocking attachments too, like get x amount of blah blah kills to get this things, not just you get everything for using the gun all the time. (except extended mags, fcuk that thing right in the arse)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

(except extended mags, fcuk that thing right in the arse)

Shotguns were fine, FMJ was horrible!

anyone find the pro perks in MW3 are piss easy to get? least in Blops you actually had to work for them, in MW3 they're just given to you for having them on a class long enough. I prefer the MW2 way of unlocking attachments too, like get x amount of blah blah kills to get this things, not just you get everything for using the gun all the time. (except extended mags, fcuk that thing right in the arse)

I actually rather if perks/guns and attachments all worked like the perks(Buy them flat out from the start) in blops and the pro versions were as easy as the easiest ones in MW3. Really not a fan of the whole pro perk / progression **** in CoD and most shooters in general these days. Its like grinding through levels in an MMO only to find out theres no endgame !

I liked the whole work to unlock them alright (except for FJ and frag throw backs)! actually had to put the effort in to unlock as you suggest and not just unlock accidentally as it is with MW3..

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

My 2 cents. I liked Blops system of unlocking perks. Ment you actually had to do something to unlock it unlike mw3 where im pretty sure assasian pro is unlocked by killing 20 or so enemies while a uav in the air where as in blops you had to shoot down stuff to get it.

The perks in Blops however could have been balanced better. Everyone used SOH and no one would have used Second Chance if that and Steady Aim in the second tier would have been swaped around. Would have made akimbo weapons such as the scorpion (one of my favs to use) a whole lot more practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The great thing about BLOPS is that it encouraged the player to try out other game modes. I never played demolition until BLOPS (one of the modes required to unlock Flak Jacket Pro) and found I absolutely loved it. It really feels satisfying unlocking a pro perk because you've really had to earn it - Tactical Mask Pro is a particular bastard though - unlike in MW3 where's it just thrown at you incredibly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

The great thing about BLOPS is that it encouraged the player to try out other game modes. I never played demolition until BLOPS (one of the modes required to unlock Flak Jacket Pro) and found I absolutely loved it. It really feels satisfying unlocking a pro perk because you've really had to earn it - Tactical Mask Pro is a particular bastard though - unlike in MW3 where's it just thrown at you incredibly quickly.

Blast Shield Pro isn't anywhere near as useful as Tac Mask Pro.

The great thing about BLOPS is that it encouraged the player to try out other game modes. I never played demolition until BLOPS (one of the modes required to unlock Flak Jacket Pro) and found I absolutely loved it.

Quite true that..

Not only getting in to play other game modes but also play them objectively!! Plant/diffuse the bomb rather than just go KD whoring! every little helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

redman85 wrote: »

Could be legit. Alot of the stuff looks like something Treyarch would implement. Still some of the stuff worries me like launchers that can only target vehicles and bleeding out when injured seem dumb.

Also a scope that can see through walls!? F**K right off

EDIT: Mis-read. The launcher thing and bleeding out is only for hardcore modes so everything else looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

specific lobby for clan matches sounds like a great addition. It's a well and fun in the public lobbies but some of the best games are against full clans

• Larger emphasis on objectives
    • A bomb plant is worth 2 points
    • A neutral flag is worth 1, however an enemy flag is worth 2
    • flag assist capture is worth 1, a capture is worth 2
    • RC XD will not return

Amazing brilliant and about freaking time!!!!!!!!

At least MW do it right, blops will develop it and perfect it more!

• Site Banned Posts: 6 Houggie

Now some info has been leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

No aim assist for snipers, nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Aslong as 'speed' doesn't work for sniper rifles I'll be happy. Got the speed proficiency in MW3 for the Barrett and it's useless, so I think running speeds don't need to be as fast as SMG's but the running speed of the L118A and MSR is perfect. I can understand it's a 50.cal rifle but its such a pain. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you have to play for clan lobbies thats just lols as Killzone provide them for free. Apart from that gripe the rest looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Give me blops with SP in perk slot 1 and take out second chance.

Then just take my Money Activision and Treyarch

Heat vision is a new Pointstreak reward. When you get the required points, you can activate this Pointstreak and your player pulls out a scope and attaches it to your weapon. This scopes main advantage is it's ability to detect enemies through most walls. Note, the scope can only be attached to primaries not including shotguns

if thats true then **** that, everyone will just have it as their first point streak, jesus whyyyy cant they remove nooby perks? I genuinely dont understand why they want to reward noobish play so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

if thats true then **** that, everyone will just have it as their first point streak, jesus whyyyy cant they remove nooby perks? I genuinely dont understand why they want to reward noobish play so much

Because that's their target market

Advertisement