Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stanley Reginald stove with back boiler.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

diydude wrote: »
    just some info for therealmccoy I fitted a strattford inset eb16 and am a bit disappointed The stove looks great but it does not hest the room or rads as said on the tin. ok I only start the fire when I come in from work at six and probably dont put down a hugh fire couple of logs with coal and turf in between get a nice blaze and keep it topped up modestly
    the fire box seems a bit deep so maybe u need to pack it to get heat
    goin to change it for a Stanley armore but cant find any reviews
    any advice would be appreciated
    the

If you don't put the fuel into the stove then how can you expect to get the output from it? Also there's a chance it's plumbed up incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

If an EB16 won't do the job then a Stanley Ardmore definetly won't.They are not comparable products in either function or quality.
    However I would agree with the previous poster,fuel quantity and quality is probably lacking.Turf will never heat a stove to it's stated power.The timber you are using must have a moisture content of under 20% also.
    Who fitted and plumbed this for you?A professional?
    Where is the cylinder located and distance from the stove?

Advertisement