Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann Drivers

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hey Helena,
    I've had a couple of bad experiences with Bus Eireann drivers too. It happened last year when I had just started college. When purchasing my ticket, I asked the driver would he let me off the bus at a particular stop as I'd noticed that some drivers don't always take the marked routes. He said that was no problem so I thought nothing more of it. As we got close to my stop the driver turned down a different road which meant I definately wouldn't be getting off at my desired stop. Luckily I knew the area and knew the next stop that was closest to the one I'd asked for. As I walked up to the top to get off the driver began to laugh and said "Oh you must know where you're going". He obviously thought by my country accent that I hadn't a clue where to go and decided to have a laugh at my expense. I realise I was very lucky because at least I knew where I was but keep in mind it was a late bus so it was dark, I was only seventeen and I could've easily gotten off in an unfamiliar place without knowing how to get home. What if he had have done that to a young girl who didn't know her way? Or to a foreign student? I totally agree with you in complaining about Bus Eireann drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

Follow up on the complaint;

if all you have done is emailed then change track and write a letter.

Do not e-mail; they are easy and simple to delete, just as they are easy to send.

Note it by registered post. This forces them to do something about it as now you have a record of it.

Follow up again in 14 days; Keep track of everyone you talk to and don't take phonecalls.

Do everything with a letter and a stamp. People absolutely HATE complaints because it forces them to do something about it.

Advertisement