Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV STAR t1010 recording issue

• 25-11-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Does anyone on here have the TVstar t1010 saorview box?

My parents have one and it was working fine until October when all off a sudden when you record on rte 1 you cannot watch any other channel...a message pops up saying RECORD with a blank screen behind.

If i try to record any other channel (rte2,tv3,3e etc) then i CAN watch all other channels EXCEPT rte 1...
    Its an odd one...

I restored factory settings but when i re-tuned the channels it was the same story.

Any help on this appreciated
    Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

It isn't a receiver-specific issue: it applies to all single-tuner boxes since Saorview spread its services across 2 multiplexes. ('Mux' for short: a group of services carried within the 8 mHz bandwidth of a single UHF TV channel.)

RTE1 & RTE1 +1/RTE jr. are on a separate mux to the other services. Your receiver can only decode 1 mux at a time so, if you're recording something on RTE1, you will only have access to RTE1 +1/RTE jr. For continued 'watch & record' flexibility, you will need a 'proper' twin-tuner PVR.

For now, you could also use the 'no name' version of RTE1 at no. 11 in the EPG, which is still carried on the original mux but this will eventually cease to be broadcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Oh I see, thanks very much for the detailed explanation. I'll get them to use channel 11 for now so.
    Can you recommend any good, cheap, twin tuner pvrs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

As far as Saorview approved 'proper' PVRs go, with internal HDD & series-linking ability, there is only the Walker WP6500TTR, most recent discussion in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057082553.

There is also the Triax TR212 twin-tuner receiver but this doesn't have an internal HDD & I don't think it does series-linking.

The latest Saorview advertising seems to have more emphasis on the 'Saorview+' side of things, so it might be no harm to hold off on buying for a while & see if any new PVR models materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Cool thanks.
    Well my parents only have the few channels and i don't think they know what HD is so a basic one will do the job.

Thanks again for the replies.

Advertisement