Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Every half decent Android tablet is sold out every where

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Nexus 7, Galaxy 10.1, Sony Tablet S and even Asus Transformer.

Where are you supposed to buy these from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well from an Android in the ascendancy perspective - that's great news!

It obviously leaves frustrated people though. Have you tried online? Or, if you're so tech savvy that you mean they're sold out everywhere online, have you tried in high street shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Macronelf

I've checked a few online stores, but don't know the main trusted sites I guess.

And yeah, no stores in the Louth area have them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Macronelf wrote: »
    I've checked a few online stores, but don't know the main trusted sites I guess.

Spin up to Newry so, plenty of stock up there, you can reserve a Nexus 7 for 24hours on PC world, and collect it up there....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Try Komplett.ie
    I've ordered stuff from them a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Regarding the Samsing Galaxy 10.1, as I mentioned on another post, CPW are not stocking these any more as, according to a staff member I was speaking to when trying to get some, they cant get them sold.

DID were giving the Galaxy 7" away with TV's in a promotional sale/offer a while back so they might have access to some stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

ACtually DID have the Galaxy 10 Tab2 in stock

http://www.did.ie/internet-tablets/where/manufacturer/samsung

Excellent.

What about a site to get the Nexus 7? Sadly, ebuyer don't ship to Ireland anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Excellent.

What about a site to get the Nexus 7? Sadly, ebuyer don't ship to Ireland anymore

You can use parcelmotel.com to get them to ship here.
    2 free deliveries too :)

mathie wrote: »

You are a lifesaver. Thanks

Sorry, just to make sure, if I use a NI address, I can still go to the Dublin location to collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

mathie wrote: »

You are a lifesaver. Thanks

Sorry, just to make sure, if I use a NI address, I can still go to the Dublin location to collect?
    Yes you can, they receive it in the north and forward it down to one of the units for collection using your mobile number and a pin they send you. Only thing is your only insured up to €100 but other ppl have had expensive items shipped without problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

swampy353 wrote: »
    Yes you can, they receive it in the north and forward it down to one of the units for collection using your mobile number and a pin they send you. Only thing is your only insured up to €100 but other ppl have had expensive items shipped without problems

Never knew about this? How do they know to send it to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rungirlrun

Saw this today in DID and there is a €50 cash back offer on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 2 at the moment

So I can't get if off Ebuyer because my card obviously doesn't match the NI address given to me by Parcel Motel.

What other sites can I get a Nexus 7 from? Carphonewarehouse, PC world and the like all seem to have the same layout as Ebuyer

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So I can't get if off Ebuyer because my card obviously doesn't match the NI address given to me by Parcel Motel.

What other sites can I get a Nexus 7 from? Carphonewarehouse, PC world and the like all seem to have the same layout as Ebuyer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B008N966NU/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1345475348&sr=1-1&condition=new

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

http://www.fnac.com/Asus-Nexus-ASUS-1B013A-7-LED-16-Go/a4424996/w-4?Origin=zanox1537222

Delivery Information

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I just ponied up for the toshiba excite. I was holding out for a transformer infinity, but the reviews I saw were underwhelming, so I went for the best all rounder of the rest. They have them on komplett, dabs and elara. They only offered the 16gig, but it has a full size sd slot so I should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement