Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becoming a games developer?

• 24-08-2005 5:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

First: Wooohooo clean forum!

Was thinking of becoming a games developer, was wondering where would i start. I dont mean courses as such, but whats the best language to learn? and can you get a job in games making thats not hi tech needed? i worked in computers 11 years, i know computer stuff, but the only laguages i know would be HTML, and a little Java. But i have plenty of ideas on games, and feel i would love to be in that industry.... any advice?

Thanks,

Sub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

C ++ my good friend. You've a background in Java so the transition should be smooth. I think the hardest part of games programming is the actual 3d modelling and application of physics. Flash would also be a good place for you to start making games as well (Actionscript is pretty nasty though...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

haha

this is not a clean forum. this is one of the longest forums on boards.ie :) its just dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Does anyone know of any night courses that cover any of these areas. I see down in Limerick College they are doing a 4 year course of computer game devolpment, You should check it out!!!!

Advertisement