Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UCC Architecture

• 08-04-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I plan on studying architecture in UCC and im just curious as to where to book accomodation. its a joint course with UCC and CIT so im unsure where to stay. Where do the lectures actually take place because i was looking at booking accommodation in farranlea hall. im unsure so if anyone has any information or recommendations as to where to stay it would be much apprectiated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

SGGFC wrote: »
    I plan on studying architecture in UCC and im just curious as to where to book accomodation. its a joint course with UCC and CIT so im unsure where to stay. Where do the lectures actually take place because i was looking at booking accommodation in farranlea hall. im unsure so if anyone has any information or recommendations as to where to stay it would be much apprectiated.

The architecture school for the past few years has been based on Copley Street. There was an apartment block right beside which most Architecture students used to stay in. However, I've heard that these properties have gone into receivership. It'd be no harm to e-mail the department and ask where you'll based next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

If the properties on Copley street have gone into receivership, I image Deanshall may be the next best place in terms of location! You're looking at maybe a 15 min walk to Copley, 10-15 to UCC Campus and 3 min to town.

Dont know anyone who as lived there though as an FYI.

http://www.deanshall.com/

Accom Rates found here: http://www.deanshall.com/academic-accommodation/deans-hall-crosses-green/deanshall-crosses-green-rates-availability/

Breakdown of Rates by me here: http://goo.gl/vM7UTR

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

The apartments were taken over by first choice property so I'm not sure what's going to happen to them, but I'd advise living somewhere not next door to the building, back in first year a few people who lived there used to be able to walk between the apartment and studio without going outside for a few days, especially around deadlines. Deanshall is really nice a good few people over the years have lived there, it's a bit on the expensive side bit it is worth it imo. After first year most people move into a house around the barrack street area. Any other questions feel free to ask here or pm me if that suits better.
    Also so far it looks like the department will be staying in Copley Street.

Advertisement