Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft to acquire Vivendi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

MOH was developed by 2015 and not by any in house EA developer. AFAIK, 2015 is an independant games developer that has a publishing agreement with EA to market and distribute the game.

2015's next title for example, will be published by vivendi, however with the Microsoft hullabaloo, that is probably complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Actually MOH:AA was developed by 2015, but MOH:Frontline was developed by a team at Dreamworks who were bought by EA and became EA Los Angeles.

I'd argue that Battlefield 1942, SSX, Earth & Beyond and C&C Generals are all good titles developed by internal EA studios recently. There are quite a few more I can't think of offhand.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was meaning to say Frontline, there's also SimCity 4 by “EA’s Maxis” as they like to say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Some of the best bugfree software is done by NASA
    *cough* bug :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    *cough* bug :p

I was waiting for someone to bring this back up. Making a witty comment about it doesn't show a great deal of respect for those that died.

And its not been determined what the cause was. I'd be surprised if it was a software bug that caused the disintegration.

• Advertisement

Making a witty comment about it doesn't show a great deal of respect for those that died.

I very much doubt that they care all that deeply. Please don't start this nonsense on the Games board of all places.

Anyway, I think we're all perfectly aware that using the example of NASA in this instance was little more than a cheap debating point as they're an extremely exceptional case.

Off Topic Question: why should we 'respect' every person that dies for every cause in every country in the world?

Isent it weird that every person who dies was popular, fantastic and a great person..

Anyway back on topic, EA and Microsoft make good games as they have lots of money and smart people working for them..

Nintendo dont make such good games right now even though they have lots of money. Wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Nintendo dont make such good games right now even though they have lots of money. Wonder why?
    Pokémon?
    Super Smash Brothers?

We should 'respect', but I don’t think that "witty comment" really harmed any body.

Super smash brothers that the world finished in the weekend they bought it?

Pokemon was a great idea, and now they are milking it for all its worth....

Any more new (and good!) ideas out of ninity in the last few years :)

• Advertisement

Super smash brothers that the world finished in the weekend they bought it?

Given the amount of singleplayer content in there, I'd be pretty amazed if anyone finished it in the weekend they bought it... Besides which, it's primarily a multiplayer game.

Pikmin?

Metroid Prime?

Zelda: Wind Waker?

Advance Wars?

Eternal Darkness?

Animal Crossing?

Just because you personally don't like their games doesn't make Nintendo crap, Joe :)

lets not have this debate...

Several of the games you mention rob got good reviews from the jap fanboy websites *cough* but the public stayed away in droves from the games tho :)

I will let the games buying public speak for me; and I think they have :)

Actually I think you'll find that every single game I mentioned performed acceptably in the sales charts in the territories it's been released in.

I think you'll also find that we were talking about innovation, not popularity. Stay on topic, and no moving the goalposts when you're losing, you git! :)

Just cos something is original and new does not make it good. Pimkin (for example) is poo; and the amount of copies of it in second hand bins in game proves that :)

Back to EA; Fifa and John Madden are far from original, yet they sell by the bucketload as they are very good. GTA:VC does nothing new, but its a great game!

Games and Movies are going the same way: proven formulas. Every possible TV show, comic and magazine are being made into movies. We only get the odd movie made from a great book or original once off story (like gangs of new york or the pianist for example). The highest rated TV shows are the reality bollix shows and soap's. Nothing new, proven forumlas.

Some of Ninty's new stuff is wacky and original and technically very good but if its not to my and most western peoples taste then I dont call it good. They dont have many sure things anymore, mario does not do much new, but sells more than any other cube game as its a proven success?

I have only seen the new Zelda game in japanese; and it did not look much - but I am not a zelda fan. I dont get it, just like other people dont get CM, so thats fine.

I got 15 shines in SMS and fell asleep; board to death at doing the same **** over and over again!!

I have prime at home for post CM4 gameplay

<troll>That is where you and me differ maybe? I dont think original and "weird and wacky" = good 100% of the time...</troll>

:p

Lets take Super Monkey Ball for example, every one I have showed it to has liked or loved it. None of them knew any thing about the game before I showed them it.

I think it’s more to do with Nintendo’s (as well as others) PR and Marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Back to EA; Fifa and John Madden are far from original, yet they sell by the bucketload as they are very good. GTA:VC does nothing new, but its a great game!

<troll>That is where you and me differ maybe? I dont think original and "weird and wacky" = good 100% of the time...</troll>

:p

Excuse me but ISS and PES are much better than that EA tripe. Just cos you've been suckered along with the rest of the 'Games buying public' does not mean the game is any better.

Any reviewer worth his salt will tell you that while Fifa excels at the pleasantries, ISS is the better sim.

To recap kids, good sales != good game. The sims are a prime example.

I happen to like Fifa, and I also like ISS 2 on my cube: down to personal choice. I find ISS2 good fun with the lads in my house, as the arcadey mode is dead easy; and given the people are not big footie fans its good you dont have to worry about the controlling the goalie etc

After playing Winning Eleven and then PES2 I dont like it to be honest. PES2 was a tiny upgrade, and made very little changes where Fifa was a big upgrade with lots of real changes (EA coping Konami TBH). Its the small and subtle things; but different people like different things in game, and you should not take the word or reviewer x or y as gospel.

Fifa selling more copies than PES2 on PS2 for the first version in a while, let alone sellnig well on all formats tells you that the public made their choice too..

(on a side note: the sims while you and I might find it boring has sold so many copies that they even make the GTA team filled with envy; as girls and young adults are hooked to it. The same desperate people who watch big brother. Just cos it does not have guns, does not make it a bad game!)

Advertisement