Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBox One Console + Destiny + Titanfall: €379 (Argos)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    so no way of knowing if it's in one store or not? I'd love to do this to get a XB1 for less than 300 euro (trade in both copies of Destiny)

The deal with destiny x2 is definitely gone. I think they realised their mistake and remedied it at some stage today.
    I ordered mine at bout 8pm last night and collected today at 11am. They wouldn't give it to me in store so I went home and printed out email receipt and they eventually gave in.
    Alot of confusion and disbelief though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

cookie24 wrote: »
    The deal with destiny x2 is definitely gone. I think they realised their mistake and remedied it at some stage today.
    I ordered mine at bout 8pm last night and collected today at 11am. They wouldn't give it to me in store so I went home and printed out email receipt and they eventually gave in.
    Alot of confusion and disbelief though.

alright, feck. only seeing this thread now. Looks like a bit of sneakiness and cheating involved too, the best kind of bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Looks like a bit of sneakiness and cheating involved too, the best kind of bargain!

sold!

I'm off to collect mine, armed and ready and primed for an argument...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

As Destiny wasint in stock in my local argos they told me that i can get the deal next week when the 2 copys of Destiny i ordered comes in stock.

But after 2 of my friends having problems with there xbox ones they got part of this deal its making me think twice about getting one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

What's the warranty on the Xbox from Argos if any?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

I've a reservation in Argos Navan for XB1, Destiny and Titanfall for 379, expires at 6pm today.

I won't get to use it, so the reservation code is available to whoever wants it, first come first served...

Regards,
    Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭congress3

Anyone got a code for any Argos in Dublin?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

So are the people that are having problems the ones that have 2 codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Reserved it last night, no luck today. Said the offer expired and even if it hadn't it wasn't within the bounds of the offer itself. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Reserved it last night, no luck today. Said the offer expired and even if it hadn't it wasn't within the bounds of the offer itself. Ah well.

You must of been dealing with a regional manager or someone with authority. Once my guy saw the email confirmation it was alright, not plain-sailing but eventually gave in.
    Sorry for your loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Just back from the galway store, after about 4 phone call's and talking with various people from their end.

I had 2 print outs and still wouldnt give in. I pushed hard and couldnt get it there.

This was the two copys of destiny. Gutted...

Going emails support head office and see if that can help me,

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭MrGarak

Seems as though once they figured out their mistake they started to give people hassle.

Mine made some weird noises when I started it first, but now it seems to have bedded in nicely :) Will report back if that changes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

No hassle at all getting mine - a query on the offer itself but once I showed the email he was fine with it and so was manager.

Was going to hold it till Christmas but should I check it immediately for that noise issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

I have a code for dundrum but it's coming in two orders one of which is due Friday and the two boxes of destiny are available to pick up until tomorrow.

PM if you want it. Received mine in liffey valley branch already.

Great bargain OP. Someone's not getting a bonus in Argos this Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

cookie24 wrote: »
    You must of been dealing with a regional manager or someone with authority. Once my guy saw the email confirmation it was alright, not plain-sailing but eventually gave in.
    Sorry for your loss

Maybe, the girl behind the counter said a few people had been in yesterday so maybe he was already catching flak from above and didn't want to get caught again.

Not fussed about it really, I'm sure there'll be another bargain either side of Christmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Collected mine today. Or should I say just about!
    Was being charged 499 at the till until I showed my email conformation of 379 for the console plus 2 x destiny. The woman still couldn't believe it and made a call to somebody web related id say taking 5 bloody minutes to then confirming with the manager that it was a true deal. The manager looked so pissed off. Was delighted! Off to cex to cash in on the second destiny copy. Cheers OP!

Great idea, would you be able to post the email confirmation here or message me it? They want the same confirmation off me before I can get it off them for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got mine with Titanfall and Destiny this evening. Had to show the manager the reservation email as the offer had expired but everything was grand because I'd had it reserved. Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

niallo32 wrote: »
    I've got Liffey Valley codes if anyone wants them. Picked up mine from Dundrum this morning.

Still have them?

innthe wrote: »
    Great idea, would you be able to post the email confirmation here or message me it? They want the same confirmation off me before I can get it off them for that price
    Don't think it would work. One thing is it has my email on the notification and the reserve number has already been used my me. Sorry mate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

missed this :(

anyone have a reservation number for dundrum?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Picked up my xbox one today. Argos got stock of Destiny in so i went and picked it up so questions asked over the deal just showed the email and was grand she even asked did i won't to change any of the games to something else.

But traded both copys into CEX and picked up Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall. Used the rest for ea access and Also picked up Fifa 15 with the 90 euros i got for the games so i am happy out with everything.

Did Anyone Get this offer from the Galway Store? Just got this back from Customer Support, Was told my the store that it was head office that refused to allow me to purchase.

Dear Darragh,

Thank you for your email regarding the Xbox One and Destiny games.

I am sorry to read that despite receiving confirmation, you were unable to get the Xbox One Console and two copies of Destiny for €379.99. I can confirm that this was an internet error and the offer was not supposed to be shown. After speaking to the Galway store, I can confirm that after contacting our customer service department, it was the Store Manager who made the decision at her discretion. I apologise that your friend had this offer honoured in their local store, however, I am unable to override the Galway managers decision. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this may cause.

Please visit us at www.argos.co.uk/help where you will find answers to many frequently asked questions, product information and all of our full contact details.

Regards,

Michael Tenan

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

DaraDali wrote: »
    Did Anyone Get this offer from the Galway Store? Just got this back from Customer Support, Was told my the store that it was head office that refused to allow me to purchase.

Dear Darragh,

Thank you for your email regarding the Xbox One and Destiny games.

I am sorry to read that despite receiving confirmation, you were unable to get the Xbox One Console and two copies of Destiny for €379.99. I can confirm that this was an internet error and the offer was not supposed to be shown. After speaking to the Galway store, I can confirm that after contacting our customer service department, it was the Store Manager who made the decision at her discretion. I apologise that your friend had this offer honoured in their local store, however, I am unable to override the Galway managers decision. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this may cause.

Please visit us at www.argos.co.uk/help where you will find answers to many frequently asked questions, product information and all of our full contact details.

Regards,

Michael Tenan

I bought mine on monday in Galway 2x Destiny 379€ no questions asked .I had 2nd code as well but gave to someone here :D
    I sold 2 copies and bought FIFA 15 and new game pad

I bought mine on monday in Galway 2x Destiny 379€ no questions asked .I had 2nd code as well but gave to someone here :D

Sent ya a pm, plan on heading down having a talk with the mgr tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Thanks again for that :)

How much did you pay for FIFA plus another gamepad? Might do the same with my destiny copies..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

great, i have a code from a nice guy here too but i didnt use it yet, can it can still be used do you think without the email notification of the reservation?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

If anyone wants my code for Stephens green pm me I've my heart set on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

innthe wrote: »
    great, i have a code from a nice guy here too but i didnt use it yet, can it can still be used do you think without the email notification of the reservation?

Code's don't last for ever, its usually only reserved until end of business the day after the code was issued. Clearly you will need the email too as the offer is over and they know there was a mess up so they'll do their best not to honour it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 winx2

Did you get two codes, one for the games and one for the xbox or just one ?

Advertisement