Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox One Console + Destiny + Titanfall: €379 (Argos)

• 20-09-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Argos are currently running a promotion for the Xbox One plus Destiny plus Titanfall for €419. But if you go to their website and add these to your basket it comes up at €379.

Picked mine up this morning at this price.

Furthermore if you don't want Titanfall just add one copy of destiny. Then go back to the destiny page and add the destiny + console pack. Your basket will allow you to buy the Xbox with two copies of destiny for the same price. You can then trade this in against something else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Sounds like a good deal wonder will their be as good value on the run up to christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Akula

Sounds like a good deal wonder will their be as good value on the run up to christmas

Honestly I doubt it. I suspect this may be a mis-price so quite possibly the best deal this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

definitely a misprice.. just picked up one in argos santry..

cheers op!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am gonna keep two unopened copies of destiny and then try use reciept to return them and pick up fifa and a controller

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Have ordered it. Will collect tomorrow.

Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

recyclops wrote: »
    I am gonna keep two unopened copies of destiny and then try use reciept to return them and pick up fifa and a controller

Damnit, why didn't I think of that!

Picked one up in Santry and took €42 cash from CEX for the other copy of destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Total Newby question but I was under the assumption that the Kinect was bundled with the new Xbox one.... not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

They released another SCU without the kinect a couple of months ago and knocked €100 off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭MrGarak

bidiots wrote: »
    Total Newby question but I was under the assumption that the Kinect was bundled with the new Xbox one.... not the case?
    Most bundles now don't include it, including this one. You can pick one up from CEX for around €26 I believe.

I noticed this deal last night and was surprised when I seen the two games in the cart for €0 along with the console for €379, picked one up at Liffey Valley today :D

It's an absolute steal at this price considering the same bundle is going for £339 (€430) at Argos in the UK, delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Akula wrote: »
    Argos are currently running a promotion for the Xbox One plus Destiny plus Titanfall for €419. But if you go to their website and add these to your basket it comes up at €379.

Picked mine up this morning at this price.

Furthermore if you don't want Titanfall just add one copy of destiny. Then go back to the destiny page and add the destiny + console pack. Your basket will allow you to buy the Xbox with two copies of destiny for the same price. You can then trade this in against something else.

U are the men!!!:D:D I will trade unopened copy of destiny for FIFA on friday :D

• Advertisement

FYI; when I went to pay for it at the kiosk dealy, it wouldn't accept the code and let me pay so I thought they had cancelled it. Went up to the counter, said I was collecting it for my kid cousin and played dumb when they questioned the two Destiny games.

Going to trade in my 360 & games & kinect to CES and be done with it. Probably pick up a Xbone kinect, controller.

May go the CEX route as well for Kinect/controller!

Have an old 360/games now and it may be easier to go there than to sell on Adverts. A bit off topic but does anyone know if they'll give you more for a 360 S with an extra hard drive in it? Mine has a 120GB drive I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

FYI; when I went to pay for it at the kiosk dealy, it wouldn't accept the code and let me pay so I thought they had cancelled it. Went up to the counter, said I was collecting it for my kid cousin and played dumb when they questioned the two Destiny games.

Going to trade in my 360 & games & kinect to CES and be done with it. Probably pick up a Xbone kinect, controller.
    Did u get 2 copies at the end?

Did u get 2 copies at the end?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I dont need an xbox one , my 360 is absolutely fine, yet,,,,,, the BA bug has bitten, I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Trying to think do i need a xbox one ?. Like i don't start my job to the end of next month and as i am not going back to college i am €2750 better off its so hard to know do i need the xbox one or not ? LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭racersedge

TheSheriff wrote: »
    I dont need an xbox one , my 360 is absolutely fine, yet,,,,,, the BA bug has bitten, I want!

Can relate. Don't need this. Don't even know if I want it but when you see a price and a deal like this... just trying to stop myself jumping into the car :p Fantastic deal for those interested in this console I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Seaniemac

Hi, Just ordered the console and the two games from Argos for €379.99, but they are not available yet for collection at Mahon Point Argos and won`t be available until Monday September 29th. Even though I`ve ordered them before the deadline tomorrow, I hope they will honor the deal when I won`t be collecting them for a week. Not my fault though. Thanks Akula for The Heads-Up.....

The thing that tipped me over the edge was discovering that a Plex client is coming for the Xbox One, and you can also plug a Chromecast into the HDMI in port at the back, so it will become my all-in-one media machine :)

I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have the RTE player app like the Xbox 360, but I suppose you could just tab cast it to the Chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

Just got the deal myself with two copies of Destiny in Monaghan. Cheers OP!

• Advertisement

MrGarak wrote: »
    The thing that tipped me over the edge was discovering that a Plex client is coming for the Xbox One, and you can also plug a Chromecast into the HDMI in port at the back, so it will become my all-in-one media machine :)

I'm a bit disappointed it doesn't have the RTE player app like the Xbox 360, but I suppose you could just tab cast it to the Chromecast.

Hmmm, tried plugging my horizon box into it yesterday but it didn't like that I didn't have a Kinect.

How it is with a chromecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

just picked mine up.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭darklighter

Thanks OP!

Dont "NEED" this but when i sell the extra copy of Destiny its a great bargain @ €340 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Greg81

Thanks OP. Just collected console plus 2 x Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bit of advice here, the trade in price on Destiny will go down big time if too many are traded in which will be the case here so take advantage of this while you can as it won't last, so sayeth the RobbingBandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

why trade in when u can leave it unopened and return it in the shop with receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

recyclops wrote: »
    why trade in when u can leave it unopened and return it in the shop with receipt

Because Video Games are excluded from the 30 day money back blah blah blah in Argos, if you and anyone else thinking of pulling this scam had done your research first you would all know this. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭ablelocks

TheSheriff wrote: »

ditto.

So what's so good about this deal? Is the xbox one a major upgrade to the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

What way does it work when collecting? I got two ref numbers

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd say somehting was ordered and other was collect

Advertisement