Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes craft beer 4 for €9

• 19-09-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Dunnes stores have an offer on selected 500ml craft beers at 4 bottles of the same beer for €9 included in the list is a few of the O'Haras the Cuirim Gold and the Belfast blonde

All 4 beers need to be the same though so be careful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Belfast Blonde is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Their o'haras red ale at 2.99 is always 1.89 in Tesco.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Smithwicks pale ale can usually got 5 for €10 in tesco too

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Gatling wrote: »

Saw it in supervalue for 1.80 a bottle earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Gatling wrote: »

Drank a few nbottles of these , and the summer ale last weekend and very nice it was too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know the full list of beers on this?

Nothing in my dunnes today. Hint to anyone who likes o haras, o sheas in aldi is same thing, all made by Carlow brewing. Bar red ale in Tesco, o haras is nearly double price everywhere and it tastes the same....

This offer is not in in all stores, probably just on certain short dated beers in certain stores to clear stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Not on in Dunne's donaghmede today anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Drank a few nbottles of these , and the summer ale last weekend and very nice it was too.

It's my current go to beer for all occasions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Taken in dunnes stores Jetland, Limerick yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Dunnes stores have an offer on selected 500ml craft beers at 4 bottles of the same beer for €9 included in the list is a few of the O'Haras the Cuirim Gold and the Belfast blonde

All 4 beers need to be the same though so be careful!

Dunnes usually always have this offer on and it's never been 4 of the same always mix and match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Patww79 wrote: »
    You could leave the notions at the door and get normal beer cheaper.

That's your choice

Dunnes usually always have this offer on and it's never been 4 of the same always mix and match

Your man at the self service till on Friday seemed to disagree, I do acknowledge it's strange though

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Do you know if Kinsale Pale Ale is included in this offer?

Been caught a few times with the 4 for €9 when mixing it up. Generally a trip to customer services or asking whomever is on the till about it will sort it.

And as for saying you can leave your notions at the door, well I'd sooner pay €9 for 4 really nice beers than I would pay the same for 6 or 8 of a lesser quality beer.

Unfortunately not, seems to just be the ones in my attached image

Been caught a few times with the 4 for €9 when mixing it up. Generally a trip to customer services or asking whomever is on the till about it will sort it.

I'll take it to CS next time so, the bloke at self service was no help, cheers for that advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Whats normal beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

O'Briens Wine have Kinsale Pale Ale on 6 for 5 mix and match offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

This is one of the most tired, boring and trite things that you can hear people say in Ireland.
    Just because you don't know any better... if you weren't trolling it would be a little less sad though :).

Whats gas is that as much as I like ale etc, I do think "poshing" up anything less mainstream than bud or miller is getting a bit tiresome. In England, Ale is standard fare and not jacked up prices because its "craft"...........Before the craft word came in, speciality stuff was only marginally dearer.
    I have also realised that more expensive isn't always better so its right to try and find the nicer ale. For me its banana bread beer or O'Haras Red Ale or Pale Ale. Hobgoblin or Bishops Finger hits the spot too. Most of which are common place in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

It's sad that people are thinking outside the usual 4 taps/brands and trying different things? Sad that people are willing to pay more for something that is not generic and shít?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

First it's the craft beer, before you know it they'll be looking at nudie magazines. Lord save us all!

I do concur to a point about what you are saying however some of us like that taste. But there is unfortunately a cohort who believe that craft beer = cool just because its dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I saw kinsale pale ale in my local super valu as part of an offer today. Think it was 4 for 9/10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Or maybe people have different opinions and tastes than you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Tesco were doing 2 for €5 on Fullers Pride, Honeydew and Indian Pale Ale. From tomorrow it's 4 for €9 on those. Even better...!

Advertisement