Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cant connect to online service ps3

Options
  • 30-04-2013 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi there.
    Wasnt sure where to ask this question but just having an issue connecting to online service for the last few weeks. I am connected to internet can download updates etc. I have reset the modem turned of the ps3 and nothing working for me. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hi there.
    Wasnt sure where to ask this question but just having an issue connecting to online service for the last few weeks. I am connected to internet can download updates etc. I have reset the modem turned of the ps3 and nothing working for me. Any suggestions??

Can you connect to the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

No cant connect there either. Strange as can connect to internet on the ps3 just not to online service. Have tried it on 2 different ps3 consoles now. Wonder is it some setting on my broadband that maybe changed somehow that would cause this.

OK i had another look at this today. Basically i use a o2 mobile broadband stick connected to laptop connected to ps3 for online gaming. Can connect to internet, sign in etc... on ps3, just not to the online service. I ran an internet connection test on ps3 which says upnp unavailable (even though it is enabled) and then laptop crashes disconnecting me from internet and the test cant be finished.
    My guess is thereis some setting/ restriction on the laptop preventing me from accessing online service, but google searches come up empty for me. Any suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thisonebetr

Hi,

I've been having this problem since the 11th of April. It was working very well for 2 weeks until that, that included really reasonable ping. I have found out that O2 don't support the PS3 network (despite me being informed that it would work on purchase), and for this reason don't offer any support on the issue.

I am able to access the playstation network (e.g. RTE player) but am unable to access multiplayer gaming servers. I have tried more than one game. I am able to connect to gaming servers with all other types of broadband that I have tried. This includes my roomates 3g hotspot from his iPhone.

I feel your pain littlesthobo, I hope someone has the answer!

Hi,

I've been having this problem since the 11th of April. It was working very well for 2 weeks until that, that included really reasonable ping. I have found out that O2 don't support the PS3 network (despite me being informed that it would work on purchase), and for this reason don't offer any support on the issue.

I am able to access the playstation network (e.g. RTE player) but am unable to access multiplayer gaming servers. I have tried more than one game. I am able to connect to gaming servers with all other types of broadband that I have tried. This includes my roomates 3g hotspot from his iPhone.

I feel your pain littlesthobo, I hope someone has the answer!

Yeah i know that 02 dont offer support due to a previous NAT related issue i inquired about with them. They said that mobile broadband is not suitable for online gaming etc etc. Link below
    http://community.o2online.ie/t5/General-Questions-Only/How-to-change-Nat-Type-for-Xbox360/td-p/265010

I emailed playstation about my issue and got an reply email telling me to contact activision which i will do this evening. I suggest you do the same and let us know how you get on. On a related note i can connect and play online on black ops 1 no problem. I am not fully convinced its an o2 issue. Maybe its possible i was banned in error, its a really strange one. Will post back a solution if i get one

• Advertisement

Forgot to add link for Activision support

http://support.activision.com/

I'll bang off an email here now. It's been a few weeks now but I recall not being able to access tiger woods servers either.

I'll be in touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

I had the same problem with o2, switched to Meteor and never had once ounce of bother since

I have open nat on blops 1 and strict on blops 2. Using the same connection for both. Any ideas why the difference??. Activision seem to think its my internet connection and im now inclined to agree. Have sent em off some more info and am waiting for reply

hallo dare wrote: »
    I had the same problem with o2, switched to Meteor and never had once ounce of bother since

Will probably have to do the same. No doubt alot of people will switch from them if theyve maybe blocked customers access to the blops servers

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how many people actually use mobile broadband for gaming. One o2 staff member informed me that he is able to connect and play no problem, which makes the whole thing a bit more frustrating!

I haven't heard back from activision yet, but at the moment I believe it's on o2's end or within my routers' settings.

I should also add that I tried 3g mobile broadband last week and, although slow, it did connect to mw3 game servers.

hallo dare wrote: »

Littlesthobo, just an update. I've changed from o2 to meteor mobile broadband as mentioned by hello dare. Before I did this, I forwarded the ports using an alternative router. I gave this a basic attempt but the fact is that it shouldn't be that difficult to connect to gaming servers online.

The net result is that I can connect to mw3 servers now no problem. Happy days!

Advertisement