Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love non stop buses! :)

Could someone do me a favour and tell me that if I don't practice my typing programme right NOW they're going to kick my ass please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ah jaysus, Tesco think they're doing you a favour if you order alcohol with your online shopping, they have it delivered with the security tag on it BUT they don't give the drivers anything to remove the security tags with :rolleyes: I know they're simple enough to remove but still

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Spent all week worrying about a family thing ... wont be sorted for another few weeks and even then its damage limitation :( I hate watching my loved ones suffer :mad::mad:

On a :D Internet and sky sorted in my new house :) Unpacking kinda sucks though !!!!!!

I'm still only typing using the home row but I have progressed to 21 WPM and only made 1.8% mistakes, woo. :D
    My tyPIng us geetting much bETTer. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm on the bus to Galway because I ran out of cash for Diesel or the train. At least they have wifi :)
    Links234 wrote: »
    hey you :)

Hope you have a very pleasant trip. Citylink are really good.

You two make me smile. :)

I want to order chinese but the takeaway don't seem to want to answer their phone. Wah. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So hungry right now, hope dinner cooks quickly.

Salmon with garlic, chlli, black pepper and sea salt with creamy mashed spuds. Mmmm.

Have a few prawns to use up too, gonna use my boyfriends recipe for garlic and chlli prawns. Hope it turns out nice :)

Just finished a packet of Manhatten popcorn, man it's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Drove from Dublin to Kildare and back today (went to Kildare Village). On my journey I saw 5, yes 5 poor dead kittys on the road. Such silly creatures who just dart out and hope for the best. Probably 5 very sad owners still waiting for puss to come home.....:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Posy wrote: »
    I'm still only typing using the home row but I have progressed to 21 WPM and only made 1.8% mistakes, woo. :D
    My tyPIng us geetting much bETTer. :pac:

is that something online you can do? wouldnt mind knowing what my WPM is

krudler wrote: »
    is that something online you can do? wouldnt mind knowing what my WPM is
    http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

70wpm and no mistakes. Boo-yeah. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

mine got tested at 90 or something

the joys of being an internet & forum addict since i was erm 12

(and yet i still type with 2-3 fingers, i should learn to type properly)

pixie, they wouldn't even deliver us the alcohol we ordered in our online shopping :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    My excuses are a WoW guild that didn't use voice comms, and years of programming. :)

60 wpm with 7 mistakes (corrected em though :pac: ) not bad for a first attempt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

You two make me smile. :)

Aw thank you. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My excuses are a WoW guild that didn't use voice comms, and years of programming. :)

yeah that too lol

BS INC

OMW

got it 70 on my second attempt with 2 mistakes. and me with arthritis in my hands and all, who says years of video games and internet dont yield results :pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    mine got tested at 90 or something

(and yet i still type with 2-3 fingers, i should learn to type properly)

pixie, they wouldn't even deliver us the alcohol we ordered in our online shopping :pac:

Oh no! I know they won't deliver alcohol at certain times though.

I'm at just over 100 wpm, 7, nearly 8 years, as a legal secretary/PA. I certainly wouldn't ladt in my current job if i couldn't type that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My excuses are a WoW guild that didn't use voice comms :)

U iz welcome ;)

60 wpm with 7 mistakes (corrected em though :pac: ) not bad for a first attempt?
    I got 37 on my first attempt can't remember what I got on my second attempt, I got those results using my laptop which I can type much faster on.

On this PC I get 45wpm, haven't used this keyboard for years so not quite used to it yet.

I really miss my laptop though :(

Just had a text from my boyfriend asking me if I've ever watched Take Me Out. Then he says "The tide would't take some of those ones out!" :pac:

Anyone here ever tried those new Orange Aero's? God the so delicious. I have to sitting behind me saying, dying to eat them, but need to have dinner first and it won't be cooked for a while. Boo. :( :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh the joys of antibiotics, I'm woozy from one glass of wine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm at just over 100 wpm, 7, nearly 8 years, as a legal secretary/PA. I certainly wouldn't ladt in my current job if i couldn't type that fast.

Kinda funny that you made an error in that sentence :)

Edit: I got 61wpm and no mistakes, not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

We're over half-way to V5... :eek: :o

We're over half-way to V5... :eek: :o

Spammers the lot of ye :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Kinda funny that you made an error in that sentence :)

Edit: I got 61wpm and no mistakes, not too bad!

haha, damn phone letting me down! *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dying my hair copper tomorrow. Can't wait. I feel like I've such boring hair at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

51 wpm and no mistakes. My speed has gone down slightly. In my word processing exam that I did during my FETAC secretarial course my speed was 54-55 wpm. Need to do some exercises and get that back up.

That is some typing speed, wow! :D
    Dying my hair copper tomorrow. Can't wait. I feel like I've such boring hair at the moment.

Ooh nice. I'm dying mine purple-ish tomorrow. Same as usual. :)

got it 70 on my second attempt with 2 mistakes. and me with arthritis in my hands and all, who says years of video games and internet dont yield results :pac:
    I'm lucky my arthritis is just in my knees! Although the carpal tunnel in my wrist doesn't help. :pac:
    I tried that test and got 51 WPM with 3 mistakes when I type the 'wrong' way that I'm used to. But I can barely get to 18/19 WPM when typing correctly with all the fingers on the correct keys.
    That's why I'm finding learning to type so frustrating- I'm over half my normal speed when I try and do it properly, it's too easy to cheat and go back to using the wrong fingers and speed up! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

73 wpm with one mistake, I guess being stuck at a computer all day has some advantages!

Had an absolutely gigantic dinner followed by homemade choc chip cookies, I'm too stuffed to move off the couch! :D

Dinner now, finally. Dinner at midnight FFS :rolleyes:

Prawns and mushrooms in chilli, garlic and soy sauce. Salmon in garlic, chillie, sea salt and cracked black pepper along with creamy mashed spuds. Mmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

57 with 1 mistake...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement