Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refused BTEA previous 3rd level (lesser) Qualification

• 05-05-2016 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi
    I am currently on a disability allowance and applied for BTEA last year for 1st year of a NFQ Level 8 Degree course, I was refused BTEA on the grounds that i hold an equivalent higher lever qualification, which i don't my prior qual is a NFQ Level 7 Diploma. I was accepted as progressing by SUSI and advised by the office of the Minister for Education that i was progressing. I was advised by Intreo to stay on Disability allowance and do the course as i would keep all my supplementary benefits, which turned out to be not the case and have lost all my allowances except for disability. I have rang the disability BTEA section and am trying to get onto BTEA but they are adamant that I@M not progressing till the 4th year, where the information on the DSP site states that you can't progress from Level 7 degree course to level 8 but nothing about Level 7 Diploma course to Level 8, can anyone make any sense of this to me, i'm getting conflicting stories from every department. I did the Level 7 Diploma in 2002 if that makes any difference and paid for it out of my own pocket
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

expatoz wrote: »
    Hi
    I am currently on a disability allowance and applied for BTEA last year for 1st year of a NFQ Level 8 Degree course, I was refused BTEA on the grounds that i hold an equivalent higher lever qualification, which i don't my prior qual is a NFQ Level 7 Diploma. I was accepted as progressing by SUSI and advised by the office of the Minister for Education that i was progressing. I was advised by Intreo to stay on Disability allowance and do the course as i would keep all my supplementary benefits, which turned out to be not the case and have lost all my allowances except for disability. I have rang the disability BTEA section and am trying to get onto BTEA but they are adamant that I@M not progressing till the 4th year, where the information on the DSP site states that you can't progress from Level 7 degree course to level 8 but nothing about Level 7 Diploma course to Level 8, can anyone make any sense of this to me, i'm getting conflicting stories from every department. I did the Level 7 Diploma in 2002 if that makes any difference and paid for it out of my own pocket
    Thanks

Your 2002 Level 7 diploma maybe the equivalent of a current NFQ level 8 and therefore would make you ineligible for funding as not progressing. You can try contact QQI to find out what the equivalent level your diploma is on the NFQ.

Advertisement