Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Income tax for susi

• 09-03-2016 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

I'm a college student at the moment. I had a christmas job just gone, some of the money i earned in 2015, wasnt't paid until 2016, do i declare as the money earned during 2015, or just what i was paid in 2015.

I have a wage slip up to the 31st of december, and two more in january. But all that money was earned in 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Whenever they issued the payslip is when revenue will count it which is what SUSI will go on.

Holiday employment is exempt, so have a read and you can probably discount most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I'm a college student at the moment. I had a christmas job just gone, some of the money i earned in 2015, wasnt't paid until 2016, do i declare as the money earned during 2015, or just what i was paid in 2015.

I have a wage slip up to the 31st of december, and two more in january. But all that money was earned in 2015

It's the total amount that appears on your P60.

You can submit payslips for 2 weeks that covers the Christmas period for the deduction from your total as holiday earnings.

FYI
    SUSI get direct earnings from revenue regardless of what you submit.

Advertisement