Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

davo2001 wrote: »
    Des Bishop, what an arsehole.

Years ago (around mid 00's) we were in a pub in Limerick and one of my mates whom was a big fan went over to him and the conversation went like this:

Friend: Hi Des, sorry to bother you, big fan and was wondering if you could sign an autograph.
    Des: No and **** off back to whatever ****hole you came from.

My friend waddled back to our table basically in tears and in shock. :D

What he'd do to be asked for an autograph now I'd say.

Couple of my friends were involved in booking Neil Delamare for a show once, said he was as rude a person as you could meet. Delusions of superstardom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

I was just going to say Neil Delamare.

I used to work in a hotel that had a lot of comedians doing shows. He was by far the rudest.

Keith Barry was lovely and I thought he might be up his own h*le.

There was another 'comedian' staying (cant even remember his name so that's how celeb he was), checked him in, he rang down from his room a few minutes later saying he had been bitten by something in the bed and we must have bed bugs. I thought he was joking (being a comedian and all) but he was dead serious.
    Threw a massive strop and stormed out. Miserable f*cker he was.

Also met Keith Duffy and the wife - they were pure obnoxious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

davo2001 wrote: »
    Des Bishop, what an arsehole.

Years ago (around mid 00's) we were in a pub in Limerick and one of my mates whom was a big fan went over to him and the conversation went like this:

Friend: Hi Des, sorry to bother you, big fan and was wondering if you could sign an autograph.
    Des: No and **** off back to whatever ****hole you came from.

My friend waddled back to our table basically in tears and in shock. :D

His brother Aidan the alleged "comedian" is supposed to be even worse. Must run in the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Daniel day lewis is sound
    Julia Roberts is as down to earth as is possible, lovely person
    jedward were or are lovely fellas
    anne doyle is lovely, great crack
    jon Kenny d'unbelievables sound
    marty Morrissey is lovely
    keith duffy very sound
    ronan keating an absolute ass hat
    The really old Q from James Bond was a lovely gentleman
    Gabriel byrne as normal as
    Garth Brooks and his brother Kelly were lovely
    Shayne ward is a total gentleman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

I met/had the misfortune of having interaction with Tommy Tiernan on a flight from London. He was with his friend and both were worse for wear. They weren’t seated next to one another so Tommy had taken my seat and told, did not ask me to, sit in his seat. I tried to explain to him it’s against airline policy in the event of an accident etc and he was having none of it. It became embarrassing and there was a queue forming behind me so I gave in...which I regret doing but for a 50 min flight I thought why bother. Anyway, pig ignorant talentless gombeen is putting it mildly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Jason Byrne, and hes shyt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Seen Miriam O'Callaghan in the square few months back & to be blunt she's an absolute ride.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Jonathon Rhys Myers was one of the rudest people I've ever encountered. I was on work experience in a clothes shop in Temple Bar (vintage/second-hand type things) and he came in. Now this was years ago, I think it was shortly after his Michael Collins appearance.

Anyway he was looking at a jumper that was marked for £20 and he wanted to pay £10. I was on my own in the shop and there was no way I was dropping the price without the manager giving the go-ahead. So this went back and forth for a while with me explaining that the price on the tag is the price of the jumper. He eventually paid the £20 but not before uttering those immortal words.... "Do you know who I am?" :rolleyes:

I politely told him I hadn't a clue (knew well) and that regardless of who he was he still had to pay the marked price. Complete tosser. He apparently did the same thing in the shop next door too.

Great rude cleb story. Mods can this be merged with the other thread?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Great rude cleb story. Mods can this be merged with the other thread?

So it shall be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Jason Byrne, and hes shyt!

I met him and he was nice & friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I met both James Bond and Stannis Baratheon in of all places, Achill Island! They were making a film there and it was the late 90's, so neither was well known. They were both lovely and had no problem chatting with us and taking pictures. This was before the internet and celebrity culture hadn't really taken off the way it is now. I remember being fascinated by the whole filming process and talking to the director who was more than happy to yap away to 16yr old me :)

I think the most well known "celebrity" at the time was when Dave Fanning came down to do a movie review :pac: Again, he was really nice and approachable and it made my day when he talked to me and took a picture with him :)

The rudest person I met was probably the most well known actor at the time - Greta Scacchi. I asked her for a picture and she looked at me like I was a piece of sh!t on her shoe and literally turned up her nose. I know people have bad days and actors don't owe us anything but this was out and out snobbery so I took a picture of her with my disposable camera as she was walking away. That will show her!

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I met both James Bond and Stannis Baratheon in of all places, Achill Island! They were making a film there and it was the late 90's, so neither was well known. They were both lovely and had no problem chatting with us and taking pictures. This was before the internet and celebrity culture hadn't really taken off the way it is now. I remember being fascinated by the whole filming process and talking to the director who was more than happy to yap away to 16yr old me :)

I think the most well known "celebrity" at the time was when Dave Fanning came down to do a movie review :pac: Again, he was really nice and approachable and it made my day when he talked to me and took a picture with him :)

The rudest person I met was probably the most well known actor at the time - Greta Scacchi. I asked her for a picture and she looked at me like I was a piece of sh!t on her shoe and literally turned up her nose. I know people have bad days and actors don't owe us anything but this was out and out snobbery so I took a picture of her with my disposable camera as she was walking away. That will show her!

The 1998 film Love And Rage I take it? All three of them were in it and it was shot in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

I've seen him mentioned negatively here and my experience was the total opposite. I'm talking about Noel Bridgeman, who played with Gary Moore/Skid Row/Brush Shiels/Phil Lynott etc. Saw him playing with a blues band in my local and I approached him after to talk about drumming. He was an absolute gent. For those who know me, I am crazy about drums!

I happen to be related to a famous people on my mum's side and my dad's family is friends with one particularly prevalent Irish female singer. They are all sound, but have explained to me that they are just ordinary people who have their ups and downs, good and bad days etc. I know for a fact if I was famous and just wanted to have a quiet dinner with my family only to get approached constantly I'd go mad too. It eventually wears you down.

The 1998 film Love And Rage I take it? All three of them were in it and it was shot in Ireland
    Yup. Exciting times for Achill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Elemonator wrote: »
    I'm talking about Noel Bridgeman, who played with Gary Moore/Skid Row/Brush Shiels/Phil Lynott etc. Saw him playing with a blues band in my local and I approached him after to talk about drumming. He was an absolute gent.
    Sure is. A few of us took some lessons with him in the 80's and he went above and beyond.

You really can't judge someone for losing it on a phone call to a Sky customer care centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭skearnsot

Sure is. A few of us took some lessons with him in the 80's and he went above and beyond.

You really can't judge someone for losing it on a phone call to a Sky customer care centre!

Crikey no - plenty of non celebs lose their shi* on the phone to sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Larry Mullin from U2- ignorant cnut

I worked in a call center a few years ago and spoke to a few semi famous people.One of the rudest was a guy whose name I can't remember right now but he used to play in Brush Shiels band.His name will come to me eventually.
    Just remembered who it was after seeing his name online. It was Noel Bridgeman of Skid Row (Brush Shiels old band, not the US metal band of the same name). He was ringing about his Sky account. Awful obnoxious git.
    Elemonator wrote: »
    I've seen him mentioned negatively here and my experience was the total opposite. I'm talking about Noel Bridgeman, who played with Gary Moore/Skid Row/Brush Shiels/Phil Lynott etc. Saw him playing with a blues band in my local and I approached him after to talk about drumming. He was an absolute gent. For those who know me, I am crazy about drums!

I happen to be related to a famous people on my mum's side and my dad's family is friends with one particularly prevalent Irish female singer. They are all sound, but have explained to me that they are just ordinary people who have their ups and downs, good and bad days etc. I know for a fact if I was famous and just wanted to have a quiet dinner with my family only to get approached constantly I'd go mad too. It eventually wears you down.

Imagine if it was Ginger Baker on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

As a shy person even I see a celeb, I wouldn't prefer to meet him or her. The best way to avoid rude behaviour of a celeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Ric Ocasek. Almost got into a fistfight with him. He was in the drive-thru line at a McDonalds in NYC and I was also in line, but from another direction. He wasn’t paying attention when several cars in front of him moved forward. I waited awhile for him to move forward, but it was getting ridiculous so I pulled into line ahead of him. He got out of the car and started screaming that I cut in front of him. I got out of my car and the argument really got heated. We were face to face screaming at each other and I guess his supermodel wife saw it was going to end badly so she got out of the car and cooled things off between us.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

He’s dead now so you should be ok.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Ric Ocasek. Almost got into a fistfight with him. He was in the drive-thru line at a McDonalds in NYC and I was also in line, but from another direction. He wasn’t paying attention when several cars in front of him moved forward. I waited awhile for him to move forward, but it was getting ridiculous so I pulled into line ahead of him. He got out of the car and started screaming that I cut in front of him. I got out of my car and the argument really got heated. We were face to face screaming at each other and I guess his supermodel wife saw it was going to end badly so she got out of the car and cooled things off between us.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Did you beep to let him know to move forward? Two grown men almost getting into a fistfight over a McDonald's drive through is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Did you beep to let him know to move forward? Two grown men almost getting into a fistfight over a McDonald's drive through is ridiculous.
    Looking back... yes it was. And it was over 30 years ago.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's America, man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭MMyers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUY8opAT8uU

Skip to 3 minute mark. Can't believe what i listened to

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

MMyers wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUY8opAT8uU

Skip to 3 minute mark. Can't believe what i listened to

I honestly don’t know what the issue is here

I honestly don’t know what the issue is here

Katie hates Rachel Stevens. How can you hate her? She's blated her so many times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Graham norton was sound, brian may from queen was a gentelman, christy moore and donal lunny are 2 grumpy old bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

MMyers wrote: »
    Katie hates Rachel Stevens. How can you hate her? She's blated her so many times

I've heard before that Rachel Stevens was difficult, so I'm not surprised.

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    I've heard before that Rachel Stevens was difficult, so I'm not surprised.

Everyone I know that's met rachel (I have too) said she was lovely, maybe not the most exciting person, but nothing that would cause hatred. KP has slagged her over a long period of time

Advertisement