Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The great "Game Swap" thread

• 21-03-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Now I know we have adverts.ie for selling and stuff! The thing is though I don't think alot of people that post here in this forum actually go onto adverts! I traded in alot of games the other day to xtravision(who don't do credit anymore) and got some more games.. I had these up on adverts for over a week and only sold one game.. While thats all well and good I was thinking though maybe we could setup something here for swapping(not selling/buying) games with eachother!?

We could make a sticky and people would post in there if they were finished with a game(s) and wanted to trade them for other game(s) Other people would make offers like 2 old games for a new title or new game for new game etc etc..

Obviously would have to have some rules like you can only trade if you have over 100 posts or if you know someone who has over a 100 posts and can vouch for you. A friend maybe!

If your in the same county you can meet up, if not you can post to each other at your own expenses.. about 2 - 3 euro a game!
    BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Buyers Beware: Any trades agreed on here at boards are between yourself and the other poster and is officially outside of Boards.ie realm of control. We do insist that for your own safety that you take every precaution you can possible think of before trading with other posters. From the most simple such as exchanging phone numbers and checking post history to arranging to meet in person in a public space and would consider a postal swap only with the most trustworthy of fellow posters.

Thats the basic idea!? I don't know I reckon it could work! I have resi 5 here now and im just about done with it and I could either trade it into extravision or trade it withsome for a game im looking for..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• +1

Think this is a fantastic idea. Thought of setting up something similar myself but refrained due to the existence of adverts.ie and was afraid i'd be sent there. In truth, i never just 'browse' adverts, i only go there if i'm looking for something particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Xtravision don't do credit anymore? What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

jenno86 wrote: »
    Xtravision don't do credit anymore? What do you mean?
    Yeah I went in and asked could I trade these in for credit and he just said we dont do that anymore.. you have to like trade it in against something in the shop.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I'm very interested in getting my hands on any of the 'easy' achievement games I don't have, and would love to swap some I have for them now I've 1000'd them.

dazftw wrote: »
    Yeah I went in and asked could I trade these in for credit and he just said we dont do that anymore.. you have to like trade it in against something in the shop.

All you have to do is when they tell you the amount of trade up value you'll get ask them to stick it onto a gift card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

jenno86 wrote: »
    All you have to do is when they tell you the amount of trade up value you'll get ask them to stick it onto a gift card.

I think he may be referring to getting cash for the games.

Also I'm working on a site for swapping games at the moment. I'll keep ye updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Great idea daz. Games shops always screw ya for trade ins. This would be a much better way to trade games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Great idea.

Have three old games that I'd like to swap for anything at all.

Saints Row 1
    PGR 3
    PES 2008

I think he may be referring to getting cash for the games.

Also I'm working on a site for swapping games at the moment. I'll keep ye updated!

Well ya can still get cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

AFAIK you can trade your games in at Game if you have a game card. They'll put the credit onto your card, which I think is great, especially if you're waiting for a new game/console/accessory.

I've 70e on my game card. I intend on having enough to buy the next xbox gen when it's released!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Hey guys,

We have recently set up a service for exactly this kind of thing, the link is in my sig, check it out.

Actually, on that I have EA sports Rugby 2007 (for the old Xbox unfortunately, dont think its backwards compatible), free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'd be interested in swapping for your Resi 5? Was just about to go out and buy it...

Have Far Cry 2 and PES 09. Have older games like Oblivion, Dead Rising and Halo 3 (but who doesn't have that) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

i have pes 09..

looking to swap for a rugby game if anyone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Well if anyone is interested ive got Resident Evil 5, would like to trade it for COD World at War. So pm me if ur interested, am in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Have Need For Speed Most Wanted.!Would consider any game cheers.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Icon_Slave

Hi,
    I have
    - Alone in the Dark
    and i'm looking for
    Dead Rising or Ghost recone 1 or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

This is a great idea. I'm sick of getting ripped out by Gamestop (and others) on trade ins.

eg: I traded in TMNT for 4.99 in Gamestop, I saw them selling it second hand for 44.99 the other day.

I just want to get rid of the old games that I've played to death for some other old game that I've never played before, and not get ripped off in the process.

I have:
    • Smackdown vs Raw 2008
    • NHL 2K6
    • MotoGP
    • Smackdown vs Raw 2007
    • Pro Evolution 2008
    • NBA 2K7
    • FIFA 2008

I'd swap for any other game, even an old one, that I haven't played yet. Just something to fill in a couple of hours. I like starting into new games, but can't afford to at the moment. A swap sounds perfect. Might aswell be playing a game I haven't played before than let these collect dust. PM me if you like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Not sure if they are worth anything, But i have Halo 3 and GOW up for grabs.
    Maybe something else too.
    I'm looking for Bully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I've got Ghost Recon 2 and smackdown v raw 2007
    Looking for

Saints Row 2
    Far Cry 2
    or
    Left 4 Dead.

(I'll swap both of mine for one of the above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Hey guys and girls

I have eternal sonata,gta 4,fable 2, forza 2 and halo 3

Would be looking for rpg games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I can swap

Fable 2
    Too Human
    Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II
    Halo Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Great idea. I have about 40 games, 25 of which have not been finished and about 5 which are finished but I wouldn't part with. I will add to this list, but so far, old games that I would swap for other old games that I haven't played include:

Condemned
    Medal of Honor Airborne
    Kameo
    Call of Duty 3
    Just Cause
    Lost
    Crackdown
    Stuntman Ignition
    Pro Evo 6

Possibly Call of Duty 4. Would want something good for that. Still a v.v. popular game.

Maybe Orange Box, again would want something decent for that. That Portal game is insanely addictive.

Maybe Ghost Recon 1, Prey and King Kong although I need to get them back from the brother, if interested in those let me know...

Possibly, maybe Fight Night, although I don't know, I am fond of that one. Might take some persuading.

Looking for any old games of equal value that I haven't played. Not too fussy but not mad into EA Sports, but apart from that..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

I have NFS Carbon Special Edition, Splinter Cell Double Agent and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter if anyone has anything they can offer for one, two or all three? PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

I Would be interested in swapping command and conquer 3 For halo Wars if ya want( Wouldnt mind Swapping for the lost game either, To see what its like).... Im New to this site and my bro has over 5,000 posts He can vouch for me, I live in dublin
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Have:
    Prey
    Condemned
    SEGA MEGA DRIVE UC
    Saints Row 2
    Crash Of The Titans
    Mass Effect
    Mirrors Edge
    Gun

Looking for:
    Fable II
    LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II
    pes 09

Will consider any offers too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

No-one actually appears to be swapping anything here ! Lets see if we can get the ball rolling... I am interested in mostly older games for older games...

Lamposts, interested in Mirrors Edge, Sega Megadrive UC and Gun.

Podge/Niallon: I wouldn't mind an NFS game..

Icon Slave: I am interested in Alone in the Dark (even despite the reviews !)

Keen: I would take your Saints Row 1

Pomothone: I'd do Lost for your C&C

Any of my ones (or combo's of depending) a couple of posts above (#23) any interest to you for any of yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Have it already, cheers though. Looking for Call of Duty 5, Left 4 Dead or Street Fighter IV.

Lamposts I will swap you LOTR II for Condemned if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

silvine sounds good to me. I'll pm you my address there and we can sort it out mate.

Quigs Snr I'll swap you Gun for Stuntman Ignition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Quigs, Carbon for Condemned if it's still going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Quigs ill swap you Most Wanted for crackdown.!Pm me cheers.!

Advertisement