Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Calm down there Chuck, you might pull something.

I made no reference to the writer making the leap to no-go area by inference from McGuinness' quote.

My point was that taking his quotes as a whole there was no mention of him suggesting any positive steps to be taken to react to the general problems in the area, just him listing a bunch of the issues most people are well aware of. I thought it was a wasted opportunity on his part and very untypical of a local councillor not to push some agenda or solution.

As for your fit of pique that I wasn't up to date on the entire content of a meeting I didn't attend and wasn't even aware of, thereby limiting me to form an opinion only from the article to which my attention was drawn, I think that's more your issue than mine.

Climb down accepted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I wasn't trying to impress you with the tone. I am not involved in politics, although I am over opinionated,

Correct me if I am wrong chucknorris (and I am sure you will :) ) But did you not distribute leaflets on behalf of David McGuiness and offer to set up personal meetings with him during the course of the Dublin West Bye Election last year?

For the record I am a member of the Labour Party and involved in local politics in Dublin West.

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong chucknorris (and I am sure you will :) ) But did you not distribute leaflets on behalf of David McGuiness and offer to set up personal meetings with him during the course of the Dublin West Bye Election last year?

For the record I am a member of the Labour Party and involved in local politics in Dublin West.

I most certainly did (go back to the by-election thread for my quote) ;), and I also deliver leaflets for a number of groups currently, who are non political related.

As i say, I am over opinionated ;) Would you believe I delivered Labour leaflets almost a decade ago? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I most certainly did (go back to the by-election thread for my quote) ;), and I also deliver leaflets for a number of groups currently, who are non political related.

As i say, I am over opinionated ;) Would you believe I delivered Labour leaflets almost a decade ago? ;)
    Thanks for your answer chucknorris, but please don't try to pull the wool over your "fellow Bordies" eyes, when it is obvious to a good many of us here that you are involved in local politics. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Good grief, major deja vu going on here.

Try to stick to the topic at hand everyone, if there's any politico point scoring to be done please take it to the wonderful politics forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

So how is Halloween going in your neck of the woods? There's a nice big bonfire on the green between Hunstown Woods and Littlepace. Sounds like there is a nice few fireworks going off around the place too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Made up over 40 holloween bags and had to make up a few more, the lil monsters started calling at just after 5:30 and kept coming until after 7:30.

A fair ammount of fireworks and a small bonefire, but it's proper cold out, can't see many still being about in two hours time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Made up 25 bags and have 5 left over.

Bonfire going around the corner but it's petty compared to other years.

Where the flip are they getting the bangers from? Some of them sound like actual bombs being set off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

January wrote: »

Where the flip are they getting the bangers from? Some of them sound like actual bombs being set off.

Shop next door to Dealz, its called Bangerz

Luckily we are not fully back in the 80's when old disused Calor Gas cylinders (and there were many lying around then), were thrown on the smouldering bonfires the day after Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stolen car pushed into bonfire between Sheephill and Westway last night. Relatively early too. Doubt any of the little kids were still around but you never know.

Unbelievably stupid thing to do, very near the houses too. Fire brigade and police were there pretty quick and luckily they soaked everything on the green to prevent them from starting it up again. Place looks like downtown Beirut this morning.

When I was a kid there always seemed to be older kids organised the bonfires properly, like there was one big one in the same spot every year. One scorch mark and one pile of debris the next day. Now there seems to be various gangs of very young looking kids just throwing stuff wherever they want and setting it on fire. There were some piling stuff right next to one of those big green electricity boxes last night. Luckily someone got to it before the idiots lit it. I dunno, it seems like they're devolving into neanderthals. Just set fire to anything they come across.

Stolen car pushed into bonfire between Sheephill and Westway last night. Relatively early too. Doubt any of the little kids were still around but you never know.

Unbelievably stupid thing to do, very near the houses too. Fire brigade and police were there pretty quick and luckily they soaked everything on the green to prevent them from starting it up again. Place looks like downtown Beirut this morning.

When I was a kid there always seemed to be older kids organised the bonfires properly, like there was one big one in the same spot every year. One scorch mark and one pile of debris the next day. Now there seems to be various gangs of very young looking kids just throwing stuff wherever they want and setting it on fire. There were some piling stuff right next to one of those big green electricity boxes last night. Luckily someone got to it before the idiots lit it. I dunno, it seems like they're devolving into neanderthals. Just set fire to anything they come across.

We used to have competitions for the best and largest bonfire, but never tried to do what happened last night.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

yes, feral. I wouldnt be thanked on here for the solutions I would suggest to that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

yes, feral. I wouldnt be thanked on here for the solutions I would suggest to that.

Feral is exactly the word I was looking for, couldn't think of it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'd probably thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I probably wouldn't though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Luckily we are not fully back in the 80's when old disused Calor Gas cylinders (and there were many lying around then), were thrown on the smouldering bonfires the day after Halloween.

I completely forgot about all that sort of mad crap that used to go on !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

When I was a kid there always seemed to be older kids organised the bonfires properly, like there was one big one in the same spot every year. One scorch mark and one pile of debris the next day.

Yep the same with us, it was order (to and extent) and the little one where minded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Speaking to my mam today and apparently this was what the loud bangs I was hearing last night were... Well at least one of them was any way. That would explain the debris hitting my back window when I heard the bang because the bonfire was at the back of my house (but still a very good bit away from my garden).

January wrote: »
    Speaking to my mam today and apparently this was what the loud bangs I was hearing last night were... Well at least one of them was any way. That would explain the debris hitting my back window when I heard the bang because the bonfire was at the back of my house (but still a very good bit away from my garden).

Luckily someone wasn't killed as one bang of a bit of that cylinder shrapnel would cut you tin two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Yesterday i have received a nice letter from the garda stating that they have registered the temptative of burglary (see previous post couple of pages back). Apparently the investigation is still "open".... anyway after the "terrible" week end (19/21 10), apparently there were 6 burglary temptative..., did everyone else reported similar crimes in the area? Is it possible they have moved to another area, just to avoid to attract too much attention on themselves?

The evidence!

387684_441589309238434_1286584066_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

The evidence!

387684_441589309238434_1286584066_n.jpg

Ah heyorrrrrrrr Leave it owwwww....Leave it bleeeedin owww.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

I was in Luttrelstown on Halloween night and came across a man in a heated argument with three teenagers. Voices were raised and punches were thrown, I shouted and beeped horn and they broke up, the guy came over to me quite distressed saying they had stole his bin and by the time he got out to them they were round the corner taking a neighbours.
    The lads started walking towards us, so I gave the guy a golf club and invited them to walk any further. They left without the bins and continued shouting. If that guy is on here, or anyone knows him, he can contact me via here if Gards eventually arrived and he looking for witnesses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Good man Lubo, well done, people had better start helping each other out as these asreholes know no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

Some arseholes egging in castleknock, can one catch them ,and call the cops?

Where abouts? there was 3 car loads about 12 lads in laurel Lodge about an hour ago looked like teens, giving the stupid stare as I drove past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭horse7

These are down phoenix/deerpark end. So can you hold them and call the cops.

horse7 wrote: »
    These are down phoenix/deerpark end. So can you hold them and call the cops.

It's a dodgy one, you can be brought up on charges of holding people against their will and with young people your in the poo over an egg.

Then think Family coming round, you better be willing to go the whole way.

Better off, white van, bag on head, head for the hills, sewer rods, sorry getting carried away.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Anyone hear about the Ambulance on call that was stolen while on call in Corduff? Christ lads that is LOW. I hope the person that the medics were attending too are ok :mad:
    Some of these brats need a good kick up the posterior!

Advertisement