Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals & Voucher Codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Anyone any experience buying from eGlobal Central? The price of what i want is tempting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Klopp wrote: »
    Anyone any experience buying from eGlobal Central? The price of what i want is tempting?
    I got my Garmin Fenix 5 from them no problems but I paid a bit extra for it to be registered. I was a bit worried because I've read a good few really bad reviews about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Use code OVERTIME15 for 15% off Full priced items on Nike site.

Anyone for Next% ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Ceepo wrote: »
    Use code OVERTIME15 for 15% off Full priced items on Nike site.

Anyone for Next% ;):)

I was refreshing every half hour yesterday hoping they'd get more sizes of the 4% but no luck.
    Don't hang around on the voucher either. The 30% off expired last night at 11pm. Must be following CET

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Ceepo

I was refreshing every half hour yesterday hoping they'd get more sizes of the 4% but no luck.
    Don't hang around on the voucher either. The 30% off expired last night at 11pm. Must be following CET

They actually had a range of sizes in yesterday morning including size 9,10.
    Size 9 back on the site today, without the extra % off.

• Advertisement

Looks like a good bargain here, Garmin Fenix 5x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Firstly thanks to another poster in Bargin Alerts, who put up the original price. Argos have the Garmin 645 music for €239. Used Harvey Norman's price match promise to pick up (along with two friends) the same watch at that price. None left in Swords, sorry :o

I was originally told that there had to be a watch in stock locally but (according to their own website) there only has to be a watch in stock in Ireland!! I reserved (in Sligo), what appears to be the only watch available in Argos, so there is stock if they (or any other price promise match outlet) try to fob you off. That watch is being held till this evening. For comparision the watch on Amazon is £332 and the marked price in Harvery Norman's was €410

Those looking for a cheaper Garmin watch the 45 is available in powercity for €160, which from what I can see is a pretty good price in a bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Just bought a s10e last week from there, waiting on it to arrive now:D

I got my Garmin Fenix 5 from them no problems but I paid a bit extra for it to be registered. I was a bit worried because I've read a good few really bad reviews about them.

The Garmin 945 only come loaded with Canada and US Maps - otherwise id have bought using paypal. I don't think you can change the region for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

The Garmin 945 only come loaded with Canada and US Maps - otherwise id have bought using paypal. I don't think you can change the region for EU?

You can't change the region but you can download the Europe maps. It's OpenStreet maps. A quick Google search will find you a tutorial. Apparently it's quite easy and takes about 5 mins

• Advertisement

Looks like a good bargain here, Garmin Fenix 5x

I bit the bullet and bought the Garmin Fenix 5x, the price was too good to resist.

I bit the bullet and bought the Garmin Fenix 5x, the price was too good to resist.

I'm restraining myself. I bought a Polar Vantage V and sent it back. Beautiful watch but doesn't work

I'm restraining myself. I bought a Polar Vantage V and sent it back. Beautiful watch but doesn't work

I haven’t come across many overall positive reviews on the Polar. The way I look at my purchase, if I look after it, the watch will last me 5 years. If I bought something cheaper, I would be looking to replace it within 18 months to two years.

I haven’t come across many overall positive reviews on the Polar. The way I look at my purchase, if I look after it, the watch will last me 5 years. If I bought something cheaper, I would be looking to replace it within 18 months to two years.

I'm hopeless.I've no willpower when it comes to the shiny shiny.
    Garmin bought

I'm hopeless.I've no willpower when it comes to the shiny shiny.
    Garmin bought

I'm the same, zero willpower. I'll have to buy a second strap, solar orange or cyan blue ;)

Watch arrived today, a bit surprised by the packaging but otherwise perfect and delighted. For anyone who may of had concerns from the site, hopefully this will put your mind at ease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kemboi

Hey,

Got the Polar Vantage V myself for that black friday price, it's put away for xmas. I know it gets mixed reviews, just wondering what you thought of it.

Have until after xmas to return it if it's no good or the new fenix halves in price in the meantime!!. Thanks.

Kemboi wrote: »
    Hey,

Got the Polar Vantage V myself for that black friday price, it's put away for xmas. I know it gets mixed reviews, just wondering what you thought of it.

Have until after xmas to return it if it's no good or the new fenix halves in price in the meantime!!. Thanks.

I'll PM you a longer review if you like but in general it depends what you're using now. If you're training/recording with Garmin there are some big differences.
    Mine went back cos the GPS never worked and during a 1500m it dropped 200m.

There's an owners group on Facebook that is worth a look. Lots of happy customers but also lots of frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Great price on the Garmin FR 645 if anyone is in the market for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kemboi

I'll PM you a longer review if you like but in general it depends what you're using now. If you're training/recording with Garmin there are some big differences.
    Mine went back cos the GPS never worked and during a 1500m it dropped 200m.

There's an owners group on Facebook that is worth a look. Lots of happy customers but also lots of frustration

No that's fine, thanks for the reply. Using a Garmin FR620 at the minute, still working fine but thought i'd chance the Polar for that price.

I'll check out that group and see how the watch goes after xmas. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kemboi wrote: »
    Hey,

I got one too even though I was worried about the hit and miss reviews. Haven’t got to use it on too many runs as I’ve had a case of man flu over the last while but so far so good. I really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Robbed from BA :pac:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058043067

New Balance sale on at the moment on their website. An extra 5% off with code EOSSNB15

https://www.newbalance.ie/en/end-of-season-sale/

NB is my favourite brand for training tops and shorts, really good quality and not extortionate pricing like Nike etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Garmin vivoactiv 3 for €159.99 in Lidl of all places on 24th of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Garmin vivoactiv 3 for €159.99 in Lidl of all places on 24th of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Picked up a pair of Altra Escalantes on Sport Pursuit for €54 yesterday. A good price if you like their shoes - https://www.sportpursuit.com/search?s=altra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭woody1

was looking at them before but didnt pull the trigger, what are they like ? zero drop for a start is putting me off, but i need a second pair to rotate at the moment and im considering them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I'm probably not the right person to comment as I can get away with wearing any running shoe for whatever reason. Did a 73k trail ultra in €19.99 pair from Lidl last year with no ill-effects. Originally picked up a pair of the Altras when I was visiting a friend living in the US & like running in them so figured that this was a bargain price.

Person I know who's a lot swifter runner than I likes them as well althought he said to avoid the v2 of the shoe (these ones on sale are the v1.5).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Forerunner 235 for 120 euro, absolutely smashing price for a solid watch

(Robbed from BA)

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1159534/Trail/searchtext%3EGarmin+Forerunner.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Cross post from BA.

Good value to be had on Nike.com at the moment, usual reduced prices and 30% off with discount code April30.

Got me some Pegasus for a bit over €50.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058068667

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Any deals out there on running watches- for between €100 - €150. I see the Forerunner 235 from Argos is back to €180

Advertisement