Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did *you* get lean and muscly?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

I doubt very much that a person who eats Seafood, meat, veg, fruit, organs, nuts and eggs would see any negative gut bacteria effects.

I very much doubt if he ate a spoonfull of gluten with this each day itd affect him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Robson Lobson

jane82 wrote: »
    I very much doubt if he ate a spoonfull of gluten with this each day itd affect him.

More than likely there would be a negative effect. For a start grains contain anti nutrients which previent the absorbtion of other vitamins and minerals, then there is the effect of other nasty things like lectins.

Did you know that the bodies of farmers and hunter gathers from thousands of years ago who lived side by side were examined and it is consistently found that the hunter gatherers were healthier, bigger, suffered far less from disease and even had much better teeth than than not only the farmers but modern people today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

More than likely there would be a negative effect. For a start grains contain anti nutrients which previent the absorbtion of other vitamins and minerals, then there is the effect of other nasty things like lectins.

Did you know that the bodies of farmers and hunter gathers from thousands of years ago who lived side by side were examined and it is consistently found that the hunter gatherers were healthier, bigger, suffered far less from disease and even had much better teeth than than not only the farmers but modern people today.

Although I'm on the anti gluten side, I disagree with your logic here. I don't think the hunter gatherers were bigger due to their diet, but genetic adaptation played a greater role.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

More than likely? that's a bold statement.

Farmers were not as good 'thousands of years ago'. Produce was of far lower quality and reliability. The teeth thing is a massive generalisation. Don't believe everything Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf say.

More than likely? that's a bold statement.

Farmers were not as good 'thousands of years ago'. Produce was of far lower quality and reliability. The teeth thing is a massive generalisation. Don't believe everything Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf say.

Anything other than a generalisation is inappropriate, there is no point mentioning one particular set of hunter gatherer fossils that were found, you have to generalise and discuss the overall average of large samples.

http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-130219.htm

• Advertisement

Anything other than a generalisation is inappropriate, there is no point mentioning one particular set of hunter gatherer fossils that were found, you have to generalise and discuss the overall average of large samples.

http://news.discovery.com/human/evolution/ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-130219.htm

Hunter gatherers died younger, and the fossils found could well have been from people who died of starvation, two great ways to keep teeth healthy!

Hunter gatherers died younger, and the fossils found could well have been from people who died of starvation, two great ways to keep teeth healthy!

Are you sure about that?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/life-expectancy-hunter-gatherer/#axzz2yR9Dm09t

Yes. Quite sure. A link from Mark's Daily Apple/Mark Sisson, who was mentioned in one of my earlier posts, wouldn't do much to sway me either.

The bible says that Methuseleh lived to be 969, Noah to 950, Adam to 930 and a hape of other people that ate bread everyday lived well into their 900s (poor Abraham died a whipper snapper at 175). So are you sure that gluten is so bad?

Yes. Quite sure. A link from Mark's Daily Apple/Mark Sisson, who was mentioned in one of my earlier posts, wouldn't do much to sway me either.

The bible says that Methuseleh lived to be 969, Noah to 950, Adam to 930 and a hape of other people that ate bread everyday lived well into their 900s (poor Abraham died a whipper snapper at 175). So are you sure that gluten is so bad?

ok take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

ok take care.

Somebody's lack of knowledge has been exposed. :)

I'm glad I could clarify some points, but it's taken all the steam out of the topic. Discussion over.

• Advertisement

If you want to get lean and muscular lift weights and eat healthy food, ie fish, meat, eggs, fruit, veg and nuts and avoid grains, sugar and vegetable oils.

Dont let the government control your mind with the flouride in the tap water.
    They dont want you to get strong because they like pushing you around.

Warning:may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Thread killers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Hi

my apologies if its already been posted but I read a few page's and.simply couldnt take anymore..

I have to cut gluten.out of my diet for health reasons the doctor is very vague about the foods I can not have.. would any of you lovely people have a more comprehensive list of what contains gluten.?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thewife wrote: »
    Hi

my apologies if its already been posted but I read a few page's and.simply couldnt take anymore..

I have to cut gluten.out of my diet for health reasons the doctor is very vague about the foods I can not have.. would any of you lovely people have a more comprehensive list of what contains gluten.?

If you contact the Coeliac Society of Ireland, they should be able to provide you with a book on what does and doesn't contain gluten.

Thewife wrote: »
    Hi

There is a book listing every food and brand and what has gluten and what doesnt.
    The hospital gave my mother one a few years ago.
    A quick google gave me this but shop around for price.
    http://www.csaceliacs.info/treatment_of_celiac_disease_product_listing.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Took a multi post workout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

This thread was simultaneously absolutely gas, bizarre, and definitely not gluten-free.

Thanks for all the advice and gluten-free posts! (they were in the somewhere)

Advertisement