Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Of The Week

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

Vanilla Coke

Ingredients: 1 part vodka, 1 part vanilla schnapps, 4 parts Coca-Cola
    Where/how much: Captain America's Blanchardstown(and probably the other Cpt Americas too), €3 on a Wednesday night(not sure about other nights)
    Why I chose it: Reminds me of the Coca-Cola Vanilla which was sold in Ireland a few years back. Was one of my favourite soft drinks and I can relive it(sort of) with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

CFC1905_NK wrote: »
    Vanilla Coke

Ingredients: 1 part vodka, 1 part vanilla schnapps, 4 parts Coca-Cola
    Where/how much: Captain America's Blanchardstown(and probably the other Cpt Americas too), €3 on a Wednesday night(not sure about other nights)
    Why I chose it: Reminds me of the Coca-Cola Vanilla which was sold in Ireland a few years back. Was one of my favourite soft drinks and I can relive it(sort of) with this.

u can get that vanilla coke in them retro sweet shops now... u can by them online aswell...case of twelve = 18€

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dar93ragh

Nomination For Drink Of The Week.
    Desperdos
    Tequila Beer
    €5

desperados.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Dar93ragh wrote: »
    Nomination For Drink Of The Week.
    Desperdos
    Tequila Beer
    €5

desperados.jpg

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-cant-tell-if-sarcastic-or-serious-53abb3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Highland Park 12 yr old Scotch whisky.

I've only ever went as far up as 12 yr Irish whisky (availablity & price) and mistook this for Irish whisky in Sainsburys when I bought it (in the north)

I now consider it the finest whisky I have drank so far.
    Bought a bottle of Laphroaig(10 yr scotch) last week and although it will blow your head off ,taste wise for me, it's not a patch on Highland park. Proper sweet 'n' smokey.
    Delish ....9.5/10

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I have to add 20 year old Jameson to the list.
    Its so damn expensive @ list price, you really need to get it on promotion (which does actually happen once in a blue moon).

I think most quality whiskey, grows smoother, sweeter and has nice flavours acquired from the cask it was aged in. Jameson use sherry casks.

Properly aged Irish or Scotch, is a treat that cannot be over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CiaranS

3 bottles stood out from the many sampled :). A lovely Barossa Shiraz from M&S - Ebenezer €22; Vina Mara Rioja Reserva from Tesco €11.50 (on promo); and with the Christmas turkey dinner - Red Claw Pinot Noir €27 from M&S. We drink a fair bit of wine and are usually not fans of Pinot Noir so were very pleasantly surprised by that last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

CiaranS wrote: »
    3 bottles stood out from the many sampled :). A lovely Barossa Shiraz from M&S - Ebenezer €22; Vina Mara Rioja Reserva from Tesco €11.50 (on promo); and with the Christmas turkey dinner - Red Claw Pinot Noir €27 from M&S. We drink a fair bit of wine and are usually not fans of Pinot Noir so were very pleasantly surprised by that last one.

M&S do a really nice Pinot Noir from New Zealand. Can't remember the name but it's the one with the picture of the guys doing the various moves of the Haka.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thorton

My Drink of this week is "Confederados Cocktail" . I was make it in my home. Actually i drinking seasonally. At this season i like this one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement