Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Winter Kit Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭marcofan

bazzamac wrote: »
    What's the difference between the entropa and pelta jackets?
    the entropa is a wind proof and rain resistant (verge say rain proof but it gets in eventually) cape its designed to be worn over short or long sleeved jerseys or even a thermal jacket on a very bad day it can fold down small enough to go into a back pocket its a lovely piece of kit
    the pelta is a standard thermal jacket with 3 pockets on the back and wind resistant material on the arms chest and shoulder and a lighter material on the back to prevent over heating

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Pelta it is then.cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Entropa's the one for me so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

so what is the process for seeing the prices / ordering?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ezra_ wrote: »
    so what is the process for seeing the prices / ordering?

It will all be posted here. Don't think prices are available yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I have the prices in my email. Just have to copy and paste them in ......

Entropa cape is 88.56

Thermal jacket (Peleta) is 104.55

Long sleeve Jersey €61.5

MTB jersey €55.35

Full length bib tights €86.1

3/4 bibs €73.8

Defender (Gabba )full sleeve €135.3
    Defender (Gabba)short sleeve €123
    Defender (Gabba)sleeveless €98.4

Standard Gilet €61.5

I am not gonna get a spreadsheet going just yet as I wanna see what way Dav wants to approach payments.
    Whether you only post what you want after you have paid or whatever.
    And also a cut off date will be decided as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Will the padding be the same as on the Summer order? The kit was fantastic, but the unique pad, my arse, my saddle combo hasn't worked for me to date.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Will the padding be the same as on the Summer order? The kit was fantastic, but the unique pad, my arse, my saddle combo hasn't worked for me to date.
    Change your saddle!?!

• Advertisement

I will see if there is an alternative in the chammy.
    You looking for full tights or 3/4s?

Inquitus wrote: »

the first order had a chamois that was a more race orientated the second order had what Verge called an endurance chamois so more orientated at the sportive rider that could be spending 6 hours in the saddle

if you want to change back to the original chamois thats no problem but it would have to be what the majority want I understand that some people may love the first or second one or be happy with both so its a fine line in deciding

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Any images on the MTB jersey yet ?

the mtb jersey will look the same as the road jersey minus the rear pockets with a baggier cut obviously

marcofan wrote: »
    the first order had a chamois that was a more race orientated the second order had what Verge called an endurance chamois so more orientated at the sportive rider that could be spending 6 hours in the saddle

if you want to change back to the original chamois thats no problem but it would have to be what the majority want I understand that some people may love the first or second one or be happy with both so its a fine line in deciding

I was party to the first order. Which Chammy is currently flavour of the month for this order? the first (race) or second (endurance)? Tnx a mil.

bcmf wrote: »
    I will see if there is an alternative in the chammy.
    You looking for full tights or 3/4s?

Full tights. But I think Marco has addressed the issue and it depends which Chammy is favoured for this order.

Well can we get someone who has both sets of chammies to weigh in.

My thoughts would be that since its a winter order the chance of spending 6hrs in the saddle during any one winter spin would be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Howdee

i'm a little late to the thread here, I've skimmed through the last 5 pages and i'm a tad confused

Are you taking orders at the moment or are you waiting on finalised prices before doing so?

Prices are finalised and are as per the last page or so (depending in if your on mobile or computer)
    Just waiting on the legend that is Dav to finalise payment details before taking orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭fillup

Prices are finalised and are as per the last page or so (depending in if your on mobile or computer)
    Just waiting on the legend that is Dav to finalise payment details before taking orders.

Cheers

I pledge to be more vigilant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

fillup wrote: »
    Cheers

I pledge to be more vigilant!!!

Just pledge to pay on time, I think thats how it works around here! :P

I like the jersey design but I thought it wouldve been cool to make the MTB jersey a bit funkier looking and less like a race jersey. Maybe too late now and thats cool, maybe in the next design if there's interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Well can we get someone who has both sets of chammies to weigh in.

Couldn't really tell the difference.

give me a rough idea of what you want for a "funkier" design for an mtb jersey and i will get the lads to do one up

i hope there is more than 1 person going to order the mtb jersey!!!

john

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

give me a rough idea of what you want for a "funkier" design for an mtb jersey and i will get the lads to do one up

What about a nice gold/flesh tone panel at the base? That would be pretty funky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

i hope there is more than 1 person going to order the mtb jersey!!!

john

I'm no expert but I was thinking something along the lines of below with Boards colouring perhaps?

prod109265_Yellow_NE_01

682294450_167.jpg

template_sample?$detail$&$id=prod119223_Black%20-%20Red_NE_01&$offerhide=1&$promohide=1&locale=en

Obviously it comes down to cost and demand, I have no idea how easy or hard it is to come up with a design so I'm in no position to dictate, but you have a buyer here for sure. Maybe others can chip in with ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Nice looking kit... only you better bring some masking tape if you wear it in France.
    http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/french-english/verge?showCookiePolicy=true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

feminine noun? FEMININE?? Further evidence of society's drive to emasculate the male. I am outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nice looking kit... only you better bring some masking tape if you wear it in France.
    http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/french-english/verge?showCookiePolicy=true

meh considering my local french baker keeps selling me batards .....

i wouldnt worry

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

For what it's worth, I did the Rugby Legends Mizen to Malin cycle a week ago and Verge supplied the kit. Top notch stuff for the price. No complaints with the endurance chamois. It was at least as comfy as my regular Santini or Castelli kit. We were doing 90-160km days.

Just my 2c

• Advertisement

Can those of you interested in the MTB Jersey drop me a pm with your email and I will forward on designs.
    Ya

Advertisement