Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to Education allowance & working part time

• 28-06-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

HI all,

I finished first year in NUIG this academic year past, and will be starting second year in September. I will be in receipt of Back to Education Allowance during the colllege year. I was just wondering does anybody know if I am allowed to work part time while in receipt of BTEA during the academic year? Ive checked citizensinfo and welfare.ie and I cant find any information on this.

Cheers for any help/pointers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

I know that you allowed to work part time while in receipt of BTEA.. but, I am not sure if there is a limit on the amount of hours you may work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

cool cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

No limit to the number of hours or the money you can earn on BTEA, as long as you continue in your course. Extra income can affect secondary benefits though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

To be honest you can work as many hours as you like but it will impact on your course big time.
    Look to do no more than 20 a week and only on a weekend.

Advertisement