Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin 15 Fingal co co issues

Options
  • 04-11-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭

I heard about this web site before , but just came accross it today. It seems like a very good way to get issues high lighted with responses direct from the CO CO.
    http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/main

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I heard about this web site before , but just came accross it today. It seems like a very good way to get issues high lighted with responses direct from the CO CO.
    http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/main

They fix them VERY selectively in my experience

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Or not at all in mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've had the opposite, anything I've highlighted has been fixed promptly, although most were either broken street lights and one was a damaged fence or barrier, can't remember now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've had the opposite, anything I've highlighted has been fixed promptly, although most were either broken street lights and one was a damaged fence or barrier, can't remember now.

Agreed, Ive used it twice IIRC and both matters have been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

athtrasna wrote: »
    They fix them VERY selectively in my experience
    This is my experience.
    My reports generally get acknowledged within a few days with the generic "We've forwarded the issue to the local inspector for investigation."
    I would like to see the inspector's input but that doesn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've used the site once and the light in question was fixed within a day or two so my experience with it was positive too.

I've used the site once and the light in question was fixed within a day or two so my experience with it was positive too.
    As far as I know FCC contracts light fixing out to another company - that could be why it is done so quickly :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

daymobrew wrote: »
    As far as I know FCC contracts light fixing out to another company - that could be why it is done so quickly :P

Either way, it shows that the site works (well, in this case anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Well over a month to fix some very deep potholes. I thought they'd forgotten about them tbh. I'd perfected avoiding them by the time they filled them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

It's a while since I posted an issue but they sorted out a bush that had over grown the path near my house (which has since grown back), put up a "cul de sac" sign into the estate (we were plagued with cars comg in a doing 3 point turns where kids were playing) and also addressed a dangerous high manhole on a cycle lane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

They're good at fixing lights reported but we have some really dangerous overhanging tree branches that will come down in a storm one of these days. Have reported then six times in last 18 months but no action. The council own the wooded area but only once in ten years have they looked after the trees. The area is kept clean by local volunteers as the council don't care

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    also addressed a dangerous high manhole on a cycle lane.
    Any chance it was the one on Diswellstown Road near Riverwood Heath?

Any chance it was the one on Diswellstown Road near Riverwood Heath?

The very one, near the bus stop. Was dangerously high and had the potential to cause a nasty spill.

The very one, near the bus stop. Was dangerously high and had the potential to cause a nasty spill.
    I reported it in September 2012 and was fixed within 6 weeks. I have a feeling that it was scheduled for repair already.

A number of sunken manholes on Carpenterstown Road were fixed a month or two back and a very nice job was done (unlike other numerous pothole repairs). Similar good sunken manholes were repaired in other areas so I guess it was a country-wide or area-wide project.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I reported it in September 2012 and was fixed within 6 weeks. I have a feeling that it was scheduled for repair already.

A number of sunken manholes on Carpenterstown Road were fixed a month or two back and a very nice job was done (unlike other numerous pothole repairs). Similar good sunken manholes were repaired in other areas so I guess it was a country-wide or area-wide project.

It amazes me people get paid for this shuddy work. Some of it is so obvious just as they finish.This makes me think co co's are on the take or dont check before signing off.

It amazes me people get paid for this shuddy work. Some of it is so obvious just as they finish.This makes me think co co's are on the take or dont check before signing off.

Story of how things are done here. Some of the dips in the roads at diswellstown road and the one leaving off the roundabout at coolmine are caused by what looks like poor compaction (ie workmanship) of the road sub base and around manholes. The roads have been patched with Tarmac to remove the dip which is a total waste of time and money.

The sinking of the Tarmac path at the run up to St Patrick's school is laughable - could cause a nasty fall from a bike as there's effectively a kerb between the Tarmac cycling path and the concrete pavement.

Some of the dips in the roads at diswellstown road and the one leaving off the roundabout at coolmine are caused by what looks like poor compaction (ie workmanship) of the road sub base and around manholes. The roads have been patched with Tarmac to remove the dip which is a total waste of time and money.
    The recently patch dip on the leg going toward The Carpenter has been there for 10+ years. I counted 10 guys on site when it was being 'fixed'. And there is still a bit of a dip. :rolleyes:

Advertisement