Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Map of all breakers in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Any updates here? Just been phoning around the breakers near Waterford and not one has answered the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭inna981

Mc Brides are closed until the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭blackbox

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    https://maps.google.ie/maps/ms?msid=209426657479361049802.0004bad3f0623f5f9f37e&msa=0&ll=52.816043,-4.361572&spn=4.688713,5.74585

I have this map of all salvage yards in Ireland that people might find useful for finding their nearest salvage yard - locations should be correct to a mile or 2, so it might be useful for people looking for the closest place to themselves - if the GPS coordinates are listed within the tag it should be exact.

I've taken the info from various sources and haven't visited all of them so can't stand over them - list will undoubtedly include the worst as well as the best. If there are any missing, let me know and I'll update when I can - it's just a guide so please don't give me any crap if a place is closed down. Would recommend calling ahead before heading out to any of them.

Unfortunately the breakers are not showing up on the map for me. This is the first time I've tried it for ages.

PS I'm looking for a part for a Lexus RX and the only one on Donedeal (Bray) doesn't have the part I need so any info you could share would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Breakers show fine for me, Chrome on Windows.

What is the part you need? Do you have a part number?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭blackbox

biko wrote: »
    Breakers show fine for me, Chrome on Windows.

What is the part you need? Do you have a part number?

Front shock. Marginally failed NCT.

Map problem is on Android. Must try Windows.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Can anybody recommend a breakers yard in Limerick? I need bonnet gas struts for my car and there aren't any aftermarket. Dont want to fork out €50-€60 for new OEM for what they are. I contacted autobreak.ie but no reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a breakers yard in Limerick? I need bonnet gas struts for my car and there aren't any aftermarket. Dont want to fork out €50-€60 for new OEM for what they are. I contacted autobreak.ie but no reply

Bobby Sweeney Castleconnell. I think he does recovery service under the name auto towing.its a few years since I was with him.maybe ask on the Limerick forum here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Polo_Cluvie

Peter in Autobreak is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Ended up getting them on Ebay for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

great work guys

any of these break trucks ? looking for a few bit for a old 814 Mercedes and Daf 45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭jmreire

Findapart is a useful site for sure, you enter the details of the part (s) you need, and it searches all listed breakers, and if its available, you get a result quickly without having to do too much yourself. Even so, sometimes I like to search individually , just to see what else the breaker has in stock.

Advertisement